New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
4K UHD Film Collection (Blu-ray)
£29.99
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
The Blue Planet: The Collection (Blu-ray)
£24.99
Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 3D (Blu-ray)
£10.49
Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
£9.83
Woody Allen: Seven Films 1986-1991 (Blu-ray)
£28.99
Doctor Who: Series 1 (Blu-ray)
£15.00
Justified: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£25.91
The Color of Pomegranates (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£10.49
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (Blu-ray)
£3.92
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #30921
Banned

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderwalk View Post
I can't remember the last time I wanted all of the new announcements, what a month!.

I really like Candice Tripp's artwork for Phenomena, I've been a fan of her work for many years.
Her work for DONNIE DARKO was the best for any Blu-ray from any studio last year.

If she and Matt Griffin did all Arrow covers from now on I'd be one happy bunny.
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (02-17-2017), Sleazeaddict (02-17-2017), Spiderwalk (02-17-2017), stigdu (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #30922
Banned

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Hopefully this announcement means we're one step closer to getting Under the Flag of the Rising Sun. I'd also be very happy with Graveyard of Honour, Sympathy for the Underdog, Yakuza Graveyard, or Street Mobster - maybe even Black Lizard, Swords of Vengeance: The Fall of Ako Castle or Shogun's Samurai if they're looking for something different.
Defo UNDER THE FLAG OF THE RISING SUN. His best film IMO and criminally under-seen - less than 700 votes on IMDB compared to BATTLE ROYALE'S 140,000! Come on Arrow, help this film get the attention it deserves!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #30923
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Hopefully this announcement means we're one step closer to getting Under the Flag of the Rising Sun. I'd also be very happy with Graveyard of Honour, Sympathy for the Underdog, Yakuza Graveyard, or Street Mobster - maybe even Black Lizard, Swords of Vengeance: The Fall of Ako Castle or Shogun's Samurai if they're looking for something different.
Would love that. Sympathy for the Underdog was the first one I had seen from Fukasaku, so I especially would love that one. I heard murmurs that they might have New Battles without Honor and Humanity too.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #30924
Power Member

Mar 2010
Surrey, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
Her work for DONNIE DARKO was the best for any Blu-ray from any studio last year.

If she and Matt Griffin did all Arrow covers from now on I'd be one happy bunny.
I see what you did there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
15 Most wanted on blu-ray: Mute Witness; Felidae; Braindead; Hunter's Blood; Unman, Wittering & Zigo; Self Defense (aka Siege); Death Weekend (aka The House by the Lake); Tombstone (Director's cut); Scream for Help; The Hitcher (1986); Man's Best Friend; Dragons Forever; Sonatine; Run and Kill; Evil Dead Trap
Old 02-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #30925
Expert Member

Nov 2014

In for all but Aquarius, almost bought Evil Ed german mediabook the other day!
Old 02-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #30926
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Interested in Phenomena. Might be for Evil Ed, need to rewatch it. Brain Damage is a give or take from me.
My Complete Collection <- Always being Updated.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #30927
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
Defo UNDER THE FLAG OF THE RISING SUN. His best film IMO and criminally under-seen - less than 700 votes on IMDB compared to BATTLE ROYALE'S 140,000! Come on Arrow, help this film get the attention it deserves!
I've never actually seen it but I saw a trailer for it once and my immediate thought was "I need to see this film". Unfortunately you can't seem to get it anywhere, which is even more reason for Arrow to resurrect it.

If we're talking Japanese films set in WWII, I'd also appreciate an Arrow Academy release of Kon Ichikawa's Fires on the Plain. Got a French release last year, so I assume there's an suitable HD master knocking about! Would go well with The Human Condition (which I'm saving up to get).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Would love that. Sympathy for the Underdog was the first one I had seen from Fukasaku, so I especially would love that one. I heard murmurs that they might have New Battles without Honor and Humanity too.
I plan on getting the Battles titles separately myself, obviously in order, once they're a bit cheaper (8 or less). New Battles would be interesting, but I'd still be more excited for them to do separate editions of Fukasaku films that are more affordable and don't have a booklet as a box set exclusive only.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if they just released Cops vs Thugs on its own with no follow-up. I bet they're going to do at least one more standalone yakuza title (most likely one of the ones I mentioned before) and maybe a New Battles set, but my fingers are crossed tightly that they'll go for Under the Flag of the Rising Sun. That's something I would pre-order without hesitation.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #30928

Dec 2016

Great lineup this month! I'll personally get my hands on Phenomena, Brain Damage and Evil Ed (in that order).

I'd however prefer standard editions, when do you guys think that will happen?

Unrelated question: I see a standard edition of Donnie Darko for 13 on amazon, but I don't recall Arrow announcing it, whats up with that?
Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #30929
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Looking forward to seeing Cops vs Thugs! Hope for all of the aforementioned Fukusaku titles as well
Old 02-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #30930

Feb 2016
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebbern View Post
Great lineup this month! I'll personally get my hands on Phenomena, Brain Damage and Evil Ed (in that order).

I'd however prefer standard editions, when do you guys think that will happen?

Unrelated question: I see a standard edition of Donnie Darko for 13 on amazon, but I don't recall Arrow announcing it, whats up with that?
It was announced October 14th 2016 on their Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/...type=3&theater
Old 02-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #30931

Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-perf View Post
It was announced October 14th 2016 on their Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/...type=3&theater
My bad, slipcover fooled me
Thanks given by:
2-perf (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #30932

Jul 2016
Sweden

What is this Elmer nonsense? It's AYLMER, thank you very much.
Thanks given by:
drterror666 (02-17-2017), JoeBuck (02-17-2017), nikon76 (02-17-2017), Ste7en (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #30933
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Looking forward to seeing Cops vs Thugs! Hope for all of the aforementioned Fukusaku titles as well
Somebody pointed out they deleted an extra detailed as "Sympathy for the Underdog, a new visual essay on Fukasaku's career by Marc Walkow", and also "Audio commentary by film scholar Tom Mes", which makes me wonder if they initially posted the specs for another Fukasaku title by accident (most likely another yakuza title if 'Sympathy for the Underdog' is being referenced).

Either that, or they're not ready to confirm those yet. I'd be surprised if they had a video essay and commentary by Tom Mes on the same release though (and two different video essays on the same disc).

EDIT: actually, seeing as the video essay on the Cops vs Thugs disc is called "Beyond the Film: Cops vs Thugs", I wouldn't be surprised if Arrow just accidentally confirmed they'll be releasing Fukasaku's Sympathy for the Underdog next!
Thanks given by:
Cinematt (02-17-2017), Sleazeaddict (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #30934
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
Somebody pointed out they deleted an extra detailed as "Sympathy for the Underdog, a new visual essay on Fukasaku's career by Marc Walkow", and also "Audio commentary by film scholar Tom Mes", which makes me wonder if they initially posted the specs for another Fukasaku title by accident (most likely another yakuza title if 'Sympathy for the Underdog' is being referenced).

Either that, or they're not ready to confirm those yet. I'd be surprised if they had a video essay and commentary by Tom Mes on the same release though (and two different video essays on the same disc).

EDIT: actually, seeing as the video essay on the Cops vs Thugs disc is called "Beyond the Film: Cops vs Thugs", I wouldn't be surprised if Arrow just accidentally confirmed they'll be releasing Fukasaku's Sympathy for the Underdog next!
Great spot! I suspect New Battles will follow that then.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #30935

Sep 2013
UK

Phenomena, Evil Ed and Brain Damage for me. I had completely forgotten about Evil Ed; I had it on VHS and remember it being an enjoyable watch.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #30936
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Here, There And Everywhere

Phenomena, Evil Ed and Brain Damage for me too. Will pick up The Climber as well after seeing that it was the inspiration for DePalma's Scarface.

Wasn't at all familiar with Evil Ed, but the trailer for it looks insane!

A fan of Classics, B-Movies, and Genre Trash.

Last edited by lilboyblu; 02-17-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #30937
Special Member

Jan 2015

Quote:
If we're talking Japanese films set in WWII, I'd also appreciate an Arrow Academy release of Kon Ichikawa's Fires on the Plain. Got a French release last year, so I assume there's an suitable HD master knocking about! Would go well with The Human Condition (which I'm saving up to get).

Anyway, I'd be surprised if they just released Cops vs Thugs on its own with no follow-up. I bet they're going to do at least one more standalone yakuza title (most likely one of the ones I mentioned before) and maybe a New Battles set, but my fingers are crossed tightly that they'll go for Under the Flag of the Rising Sun. That's something I would pre-order without hesitation.
Criterion have a DVD of Fires on the Plain, so I'm hopeful they'll update that. I've not seen it, but with Third Window bringing the remake out in June I'd really like to see the original announced soon.

I'd say bookending lesser known releases with the Battles titles would be a sensible strategy, gives them a whole catalogue to push to people drawn in by New Battles to watch while they wait. They've had a Japanese announcement every month for ages now, long may it continue!
Old 02-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #30938

Aug 2015
Zambia

Pass on all new announcements for me. I'll continue wishing for a Terayama box set for the Academy announcements.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #30939
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Not super into horror but Brain Damage is the kind of sci-fi/creature mix I do like. Also 80s nostalgia. Will definitely get that. Evil Ed though looks like more of a slasher and 90s, so think I can pass there. Phenomena sounds like kinda my thing but I'm not an Argento or Italian cinema fan and I hate cockroaches so... I dunno.

I'm getting more into Japanese stuff so Cops vs. Thugs looks interesting. Not sure about a blind-buy though, will watch some clips.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #30940

Nov 2011

I'm a huge fan of both Argento and Fukasaku so I'm very pleased with these annoucements! If they can release Sympathy for the Underdog, Street Mobster and Graveyard of Honor I'll be very happy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland