COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #61

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy66 View Post
Have any of you guys purchased this from Amazon? I see that the Best Buy version looks to have the 3D Blu-ray, Blu-Ray, DVD, and DC, while it appears that the Amazon copy only has the 3D Blu-Ray by looking at the cover art. Since it's down to $17.99 i was hoping to add it to an Amazon order i'm putting together, but if it's only the 1 disc, i'll have to go with the Best Buy version.
My copy that I just got in the mail today says Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Dvd + Digital Copy on the slip cover and when I take the slip cover off it says that same thing on the Blu-ray case.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #62

Dec 2011
Thumbs down 3d is awful

I just got my copy today and the 3d is AWFUL. After reading other positive reviews it makes me wonder if something is amiss with my system. I have only had it for about a month. LG TV and LG player (42 inch passive bundle). Tron Legacy, IMAX Hubble, Lion King and Harry Potter all look great. Narnia is so bad it gave us headaches after only a few minutes. The worst effect seems to be when something in the foreground or background moves fast. I don't know any of the correct terminology to describe it any better. After being so impressed by my other movies to say I am disappointed with this one is a gross understatement.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #63
Power Member

Mar 2010

Do passive glasses invert? Sounds like what happens on mine if the wrong side starts up on my active shutters.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #64

Dec 2011

My television has a setting for left/right and right/left correction. I tried both, no change.

I beleive passive glasses have a fixed polarization that only lets a certain image pass thru and passive tvs display both images at once so I dont think they can get out of aync.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #65
Power Member

Mar 2010

Ah ok, if mine looks 'weird' I can usually correct it.

I didn't think the 3D or the film were that good so I sold my copy. I don't remember it giving me any major problem tho, besides sitting through the tripe!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #66

Apr 2011
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholic View Post
I just got my copy today and the 3d is AWFUL. After reading other positive reviews it makes me wonder if something is amiss with my system. I have only had it for about a month. LG TV and LG player (42 inch passive bundle). Tron Legacy, IMAX Hubble, Lion King and Harry Potter all look great. Narnia is so bad it gave us headaches after only a few minutes. The worst effect seems to be when something in the foreground or background moves fast. I don't know any of the correct terminology to describe it any better. After being so impressed by my other movies to say I am disappointed with this one is a gross understatement.
I also found the 3D on this one to be sub-par. You can really tell is was post converted. I think the reviews that state its good 3D were from back before there were many options? I don't know...but compared to the ones you listed as well as the Kung Fu Panda movies, this one is nearly unwatchable. I have a 110" screen and a brand new Epson 5010 projector, so its not a matter of passive and active I don't think!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #67
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth

I have no issues whatsoever watching in on my Sony 3D TV. As a matter of fact, both my girlfriend and I have listed it as one of our favorite 3D flicks. It has great 3D eye-popping effects.

What kind of players and TVs are you using to watch this flick in 3D?
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopy factor room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV
Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #68
Special Member

Mar 2007
Minnesota

$20 at Best Buy this week. Ice Age 3 and Gulliver's Travels (all 3D versions) also $20, and they come with $5 off 'Ice Age 4' tickets coupons
My (Modest) Home Theater:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=obriensg1

"Something good. Something bad. A bit of both!"
Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D- August 1st
Old 07-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #69
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Watched this today!Loved it, maybe the best conversion I have seen and had a beautiful 1:78 picture.Awesome.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #70
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Watched this today!Loved it, maybe the best conversion I have seen and had a beautiful 1:78 picture.Awesome.
i think the depth is amazing but there is absolutely no pop outs and its there its failing a 3D movie should have pop outs as well not just depth
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #71
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
i think the depth is amazing but there is absolutely no pop outs and its there its failing a 3D movie should have pop outs as well not just depth
well I agree on the pop outs up to a point. There were not many "gimmick" bits though if I remember there was still some negative parralax to the screen itself.

Though i do remember there was good negative parralax to the water bits, with water splashing towards you, and strong ambient lighting effects. These were for the most part subtle, thus making it easy to miss as it doesnt stick out like the obvious "in your face" moments do.

I suppose as it was never designed with 3D in mind this was as good as it could get. The eight months spent on the conversion process really shows though.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #72
Special Member

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholic View Post
Have any of you noticed that this movie plays out of synch on some blu-ray players? Not sure if it`s just this title, if it`s 20th Century Fox titles in general, or something else. I have latest Firmware on the Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray player and on the TV LG 55LM6200. When pausing this movie, and also Rio - another 20th Century Fox title - I notice that the left and right images which produce the 3D effect are out of synch. They are on different frames of the movie. My non-20th Century Fox titles play perfectly
TV - LG 55LM6200
BD Player - Sony BDP-S590

My Personal Trading Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #73
Special Member

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

I contacted Sony notifying them that this movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader 3D, does not work properly on the latest firmware of their BDP-S590 player. They will need to do a firmware update, just like LG did to correct the out of synch left and right frames which produce the 3D effect.
TV - LG 55LM6200
BD Player - Sony BDP-S590

My Personal Trading Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #74
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Picked this up at the weekend, haven't watched it all the way through, just checked out a few scenes, but the 3D looked.. for want of a better word, weird. It was making my eyes feel funny almost straight away. I will have to give the whole movie a watch to see what i think of it as a whole, but the quick peek of the 3D i got did dampen my expectations a little.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #75
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Picked this up at the weekend, haven't watched it all the way through, just checked out a few scenes, but the 3D looked.. for want of a better word, weird. It was making my eyes feel funny almost straight away. I will have to give the whole movie a watch to see what i think of it as a whole, but the quick peek of the 3D i got did dampen my expectations a little.
Thanks for the info. How would you describe the weird effect? There were some times in Judge 3D that also had some weird 3D moments, as though the 3D was compressed or reversed, which it wasn't, and made everything look flatter and distorted, even though some effect was there.

I noticed some above also mentioned the 3D was out of sync, which could explain the problem.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #76
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

OK i still havent watched the whole movie but i've watched the first 15 mins. I was perhaps a little harsh, as the depth is excellent and the separation between the layers is really good. I think it starts to get tricky but there is a lot of movement on screen, for example when the characters are first brought onto the Dawn Treader, there are lots of people walking around etc, and it starts to make my eyes feel a little funny. Of course i need to watch the whole movie to judge properly, but i can definitely say that the depth is well done with good separation.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #77
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
OK i still havent watched the whole movie but i've watched the first 15 mins. I was perhaps a little harsh, as the depth is excellent and the separation between the layers is really good. I think it starts to get tricky but there is a lot of movement on screen, for example when the characters are first brought onto the Dawn Treader, there are lots of people walking around etc, and it starts to make my eyes feel a little funny. Of course i need to watch the whole movie to judge properly, but i can definitely say that the depth is well done with good separation.
Thanks, that is helpful info about the separation being good. I was watching Journey 2 3D which has great 3D, and I had to stand up to get a snack and noticed that from a view looking down at the TV in 3D mode, it was the same weird effect that I saw during some scenes in Dredd 3D. There is something going on, but it's not 3D if viewed at the wrong angle. It goes back to really good/great 3D when at the right viewing angle.

Good to hear that's not the issue here anyway. How is the movie so far Levcore?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #78

Dec 2010

Is Amazon still shipping the 3D combo?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #79
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by diL View Post
Is Amazon still shipping the 3D combo?
Not sure. Saw it at Best buy today, pretty sure it was on the 14.99 3D rack, but don't quote me.

How as the movie for those who saw it? Good story, visuals, can it be compared to the epic scale of Lord of the Rings (39.99 extended version blu ray set now at best buy).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies