Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Twin Peaks: The Original Serie… $36.49 (81% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mission: Impossible The 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Florence Foster Jenkins (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$122.99
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Before Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$65.59
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-10-2015, 05:49 AM   #341
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyry View Post
Did they say Sorcerers stone in the movie on that UK version or was that ADRd for US audiences?
The UK version of HP1 never said Sorcerers Stone only the US version.
Thanks given by:
flyry (12-17-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #342
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Default Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection - Nov 11

Quote:
Did they say Sorcerers stone in the movie on that UK version or was that ADRd for US audiences?
They definitely say "Philosophers Stone" in the movie I watched. (Amazon UK)
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.

==>> Dreamliner330ís Blu-ray and slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!
Thanks given by:
flyry (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #343
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Why is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince so dark? Seriously, even with my projector on max bright lamp mode (reserved for 3D only, normally) in a pitch black room I still struggled so make out what's on screen. A quick look at the screenshots in the review clearly shows a dark-dark-dark picture.

There is no defense. It's obnoxious.

It's my first time watching Harry Potter and for the most part each successive film is better than the last; but, oddly, it feels like it covers less material each time.
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.

==>> Dreamliner330ís Blu-ray and slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!
Thanks given by:
slainery (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #344
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
As far as I know, it wasn't ADR. They actually shot the scene twice from what I've read.
Thanks given by:
flyry (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #345
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
As far as I know, it wasn't ADR. They actually shot the scene twice from what I've read.
Yes. There were a handful of lines of dialog that were shot twice.
Thanks given by:
flyry (12-17-2015)
Old 11-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #346

Nov 2012

Anybody tried the 2016 version with 16 discs at Amazon.com here? Care to share how was it and the included extra features?
Old 11-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #347

Sep 2012
Minot, ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brel View Post
Anybody tried the 2016 version with 16 discs at Amazon.com here? Care to share how was it and the included extra features?
I bought it from amazon.uk a few days ago for $33 shipped. I'd order from there if you decide to do it, if you don't mind waiting a few extra days.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:41 AM   #348

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
I bought it from amazon.uk a few days ago for $33 shipped. I'd order from there if you decide to do it, if you don't mind waiting a few extra days.
Whoa, I can't believe my eyes! It is also region-free! Immediately got one. Thanks for the tip!
Thanks given by:
raptors661 (11-27-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #349
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

I found a mint condition copy of the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection for $39 at a used store down the street, slipbox and everything.

I've only seen the first two films in the franchise, so this will be my first rodeo with all of the others. I'm cool to own just the theatrical versions.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #350
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I found a mint condition copy of the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection for $39 at a used store down the street, slipbox and everything.

I've only seen the first two films in the franchise, so this will be my first rodeo with all of the others. I'm cool to own just the theatrical versions.
Extended cuts are only for the first two and they don't add much anyway. Hope you enjoy the movies.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #351
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Extended cuts are only for the first two and they don't add much anyway. Hope you enjoy the movies.
A bunch of my offline friends have been trying to get me to finish the series, telling me that the movies really got good after I stopped with the second one. There are definitely some talented directors in the fold with the later entries.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #352
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
US of A

Quote:
A bunch of my offline friends have been trying to get me to finish the series, telling me that the movies really got good after I stopped with the second one. There are definitely some talented directors in the fold with the later entries.
They are good movies, but enjoyment of them may depend on familiarity with the books. There are some elements in the last three movies that are introduced kind of crudely, as if they expected audiences to already know what they're talking about.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 12-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #353

Dec 2015

Quote:
They are good movies, but enjoyment of them may depend on familiarity with the books. There are some elements in the last three movies that are introduced kind of crudely, as if they expected audiences to already know what they're talking about.
The first 2 movies are a lot more true to the books then the later movies. Some of the later movies took a huge number of liberties which sometimes allowed for a much better but less true translation to film.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #354
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
The first 2 movies are a lot more true to the books then the later movies. Some of the later movies took a huge number of liberties which sometimes allowed for a much better but less true translation to film.
I'm going into the movies blind as a bat, since I've never read the books, and since I've only seen the first two. I'll enjoy them at face value, I'm sure.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #355
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
I thought they stayed pretty faithful to the books, in spirit and also in the broad strokes of the story. Naturally not all the nitty-gritty details can get into the movies but frankly a lot of those details were never all that necessary anyway. Order of the Phoenix, especially.

They botched Half-Blood Prince, though. The material they adapted, they did a good job with. But they adapted a lot of the wrong stuff. And don't get me started on how Harry suddenly
[Show spoiler]has the mirror shard when Deathly Hallows begins, despite it never being introduced in HBP.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:58 PM   #356
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
The third one is amazing, my favorite in the series. They're pretty good after that as well, though I think it's somewhat of a downhill slope. The last few especially feel a little repetitive and drawn-out to me, though the climax action is good stuff.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #357
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

I just finished watching my Warner Bros Blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, from the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray set.

This was my first time watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone since I saw it at the theater upon its release. I had forgotten how fun and engaging this movie in terms of visuals and pace. It's almost like one of the legendary live-action Disney films from the 1950s or 1960s. The computer effects look slightly dated, but not to the same extent that the effects look dated in The Lord of the Rings movies. That's a testament to the talent of the filmmakers, who worked wonders even considering the high budget production. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint are unforgettable in their respective roles, and I'm looking forward to watching them mature in the subsequent movies that I'll be watching this week (and probably into most of next week). The real power of this movie lies in the supporting cast, however, and I loved seeing appearances from Richard Harris, Alan Rickman, John Hurt, and others.

The Blu-ray presentation is, for the most part, pretty impressive. It's not a perfect transfer, and I expect that the transfers for the latter films will be noticeably better, but this Blu-ray, as is, is good enough for me. The special features are apparently ported over from the DVD, but they're quite fun.

Onward to the next movie...
Old 12-06-2016, 12:31 AM   #358
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2012
Georgia

I just finished watching my Warner Bros Blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, from the Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray set.

I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at the theater on the night of its release, but I was tired from work at the time, and my friend and I attended a midnight showing. About two thirds into the movie, my friend elbowed me and told me that I had fallen asleep and was snoring. Shame on me for falling asleep in a theater and ruining the movie for others. The scenes that I did remember were quite amazing, but I never returned to the theater to see a Harry Potter movie again, and I never saw any of the subsequent films. I'm glad that I'm able to remedy that this week with this Blu-ray set of the whole series.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has a slightly darker edge than the first film, but it also shares the whimsical charm of that first film while amping up the visual effects. The basilisk scenes are still pretty awesome, as are the scenes with the flying automobile. I like how this movie introduces some new characters to the fold that I expect to be seeing in the later films. Jason Isaacs, as Lucius Malfoy, is one intimidating dude.

This Blu-ray sports a nice improvement over the Blu-ray of the first film in terms of picture quality.

Onward to the next film...
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #359
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

You're so lucky. I wish I could re-live seeing them for the first time again.
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 01:05 AM   #360
Expert Member

Sep 2012

Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the series best, enjoy!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America