Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lost Horizon (Blu-ray)
$11.70
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.83
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$128.59
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$22.48
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Misery (Blu-ray)
$26.97
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 03-11-2016, 11:55 PM   #2581
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Well, this purchase officially puts me out of the Home Theater upgrades field for at least 2-3 years.

Worth it? Yes.
This was really 6 years ago. That's crazy. Well, that car is gone for more "prudent" family planning. I've got another 2 years before this thing called "kids" messes up my upgrade path. Better get in while the getting's good!

THE_FORCE is my continued inspiration.

Sidebar, 4K is awesome guys, you should stop messing with your turntables.

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch
Sonus Faber Venere - Verus Grand Center
Emotiva XPA-3 & A700 - Epik Empire - Verus Surrounds
Vizio P75-C1 - Denon AVR-X4000 - Sony PS4 - Oppo UDP-203
Thanks given by:
Aerodude73 (03-12-2016), MaCruz (03-24-2016), Spurrier Sucks (03-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 AM   #2582
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Nice ride.

He should be everyone's inspiration.
TV Sammy 58B550 Speakers Scansonic MB 2.5,MB center,MB 1 surrounds
Receiver Anthem MRX 500,NaimUniti 2b
Amps-Emotiva XPA-3Subs-SVS PC12 Plus(w/Auralex SubDude)
BD Player/CD-Oppo 93 Power Conditioner-Belkin Pure AV PF30 Remote-Harmony One
Synology DS216J NAS w/ 4TB HDD
BDI Avion Noir 8937 A/V stand,ATS acoustic panels, Vicoustic Wavewood Diffuser
Naim NACA5 speaker cable, Naim Power-line
Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #2583
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houston

You brought me back to blu-ray.com...I had wondered what you were using to watch 4k because last I had seen you had the projector. Now that I'm all caught up, the JS8500 is a nice TV. Once you move, do you think you'll still go projector route now that you've had time to live with 4k? As you know, we've got a dedicated room now that was pre-wired for a projector, but with the pricing of projectors vs our current tv, I can't justify the cost.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #2584
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Good morning JJ. Was wondering what you are going to do with the storm almost at your doorstep? Stay safe and heed all of the warnings.
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Denon AVR-4311ci, DR-M10HX Monster HTS-5000 Outlaw Model 750
Klipsch Forte II, RP-450CA, IW-100, KSB 1.1
Velodyne VA 1012 Hsu Research ULS-15 Triple Drive
Old 10-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #2585
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Good morning JJ. Was wondering what you are going to do with the storm almost at your doorstep? Stay safe and heed all of the warnings.
Ditto ..................................
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha ~ Pro-ject ~ Oppo ~ Vincent
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research ~ Light Harmonics ~ acurus ~ Dahlquist
SVS
Old 10-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #2586
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning Bro .................................

It's beginning to look like another one of those seasons
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
SVS
Old 11-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #2587
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
You brought me back to blu-ray.com...I had wondered what you were using to watch 4k because last I had seen you had the projector. Now that I'm all caught up, the JS8500 is a nice TV. Once you move, do you think you'll still go projector route now that you've had time to live with 4k? As you know, we've got a dedicated room now that was pre-wired for a projector, but with the pricing of projectors vs our current tv, I can't justify the cost.
Alex! Still around? I barely check my thread nowadays...

I'm actually considering an LG OLED now for end of the year, beginning of 2017. I need those pitch black levels back in my life.

But whenever I move/have kids/own a home, I do still need that projector. Maybe another two years?

If I had a room prewired like you though, I would camp out in there until I finished designing and building my project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Al, it barely rained and I had ten minutes of wind gusts. That's it. Spent the whole day playing video games. Thanks for your concern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning Bro .................................

It's beginning to look like another one of those seasons
Our secondary is trash, our QB is trash, everything sucks again. Seeing our defense give up big pass plays hurts the most, though. As does seeing Ryan throw games away. That Chiefs game hurt to watch.

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch
Old 03-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #2588
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quick update!

Since this thread also helps me track my journey, too.

I went OLED for a month with a 65" B6.

The good -

It was the most beautiful image I've ever seen on a display. Destroys what my Kuro did, what my ZT60 did, what my JS8500 did. Amazing color, brightness, infinite blacks - my GOD.

The bad -

I did >not< like how the LG processor handled motion. I didn't even think to look up motion-related problems on the forums. Needless to say, after toying with infinite settings, it went back after a month. Any sort of panning was horribly jarring and using any motion settings introduced artifacting, a stutter, frame drops, etc. I never found a happy medium.

I'm now using a Vizio P-65 FALD until Sony releases their OLED in 2 months.

The only other difference I've made to my HT this year was buying an Oppo 203 for UHD playback.

HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL! I MISS YOU PALS!

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 01:22 AM   #2589
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Nice to see some updates to your thread and awesome setup, JJ. But year 8? Has it really been that long? On that note, I'm just now realizing it's closing in on 10 years since I got my first PS3 (July of 07 IIRC).

I grabbed a mid-level Samy 50" 4k set for my second setup a few weeks ago. I'm not as critical about PQ in general, and especially not where the 4k set is ("Home Office HT", aka "mancave"), but I'm way happy with it. But of course, now the upgrade bug is getting me for the main room so I'm also considering a 65" UHD in there. *sigh* If the motor didn't go out on my garage door opener last week, I'd probably be closer to a purchase.
"But that's exactly my point! Because you have to Wonder, now how did the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like, uhh, oatmeal, or uhh, tuna fish? That makes you wonder about a lot of things, like you take chicken for example, maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything!"

PSN: coldenergy Destiny-free for: var day=60*60*24;
GO PACKERS
Old 03-03-2017, 07:44 AM   #2590
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™

Quote:
Quick update!

Since this thread also helps me track my journey, too.

I went OLED for a month with a 65" B6.

[Show spoiler]

The good -

It was the most beautiful image I've ever seen on a display. Destroys what my Kuro did, what my ZT60 did, what my JS8500 did. Amazing color, brightness, infinite blacks - my GOD.

[Show spoiler]

The bad -

I did >not< like how the LG processor handled motion. I didn't even think to look up motion-related problems on the forums. Needless to say, after toying with infinite settings, it went back after a month. Any sort of panning was horribly jarring and using any motion settings introduced artifacting, a stutter, frame drops, etc. I never found a happy medium.

[Show spoiler]

I'm now using a Vizio P-65 FALD until Sony releases their OLED in 2 months.

The only other difference I've made to my HT this year was buying an Oppo 203 for UHD playback.

HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL! I MISS YOU PALS!
Hey JJ - So you had an LG, are now using a Vizio, and will soon have a Sony, is that all correct? I assume you've done mass qty's of research on the Sony -- how does that differ from the LG? (aside from the better Motion handling, I presume, and, well, the Price on the Sony must be quite a bit more ). Good luck dude, look forward to more pics and your results.
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" / Center: CS2 - Front: RTiA5's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Sides), FXiA3's (Rears) - 2 Onkyo SKH-410 DOLBY ATMOS Spkrs / Subs: 2 PA-120's
ONKYO TX-NR838: DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - Emotiva XPA-3/Gen 2 - OPPO BDP-103D
DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Remote: Harmony ONE
Old 03-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #2591
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning Kid ?

How can you dis a man's home and threads just because of his love of vinyl ?

[Show spoiler]I saw what you wrote on DJ's thread

And this from a fellow Jets fan.

Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
SVS
Old 03-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #2592
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Nice to see some updates to your thread and awesome setup, JJ. But year 8? Has it really been that long? On that note, I'm just now realizing it's closing in on 10 years since I got my first PS3 (July of 07 IIRC).

I grabbed a mid-level Samy 50" 4k set for my second setup a few weeks ago. I'm not as critical about PQ in general, and especially not where the 4k set is ("Home Office HT", aka "mancave"), but I'm way happy with it. But of course, now the upgrade bug is getting me for the main room so I'm also considering a 65" UHD in there. *sigh* If the motor didn't go out on my garage door opener last week, I'd probably be closer to a purchase.
Man, it's about to be Year 9 to be honest. And even crazier, I'm moving out of my bachelor pad - which this has honestly been - to a house in 6 months.

Figures, once I get comfy! But I'm getting married at the end of this year, so... and it's time to start fresh.

It's time to go UHD, John. You won't regret it. It's a noticeable upgrade and worth the $. Although I'm still clutching to my old Kuro upstairs.

PS. Look at our Join Dates. Our Member Since dates. It's been 10 years! I was only 20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Hey JJ - So you had an LG, are now using a Vizio, and will soon have a Sony, is that all correct? I assume you've done mass qty's of research on the Sony -- how does that differ from the LG? (aside from the better Motion handling, I presume, and, well, the Price on the Sony must be quite a bit more ). Good luck dude, look forward to more pics and your results.
Hey Steve! Well, the Sony was only JUST announced at CES, and beyond a couple first look articles, there isn't a ton of research available yet, beyond the fact that it uses a 2017 OLED panel from LG, and it uses the X1 processor chip from their flagship Z9D.

The main difference is that - Sony software with LG hardware.

The damn Sony tax is probably going to kill me. But, I'm tired of playing this display game! I just want one for 5 years and be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning Kid ?

How can you dis a man's home and threads just because of his love of vinyl ?

[Show spoiler]I saw what you wrote on DJ's thread

And this from a fellow Jets fan.

LOL LOL LOL. You know it's all fun and games!

Did you see that we've released, well, EVERYONE?!

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch

Last edited by JJ; 03-03-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Thanks given by:
Aerodude73 (03-03-2017), DangeRuss (03-08-2017), red_5ive (03-06-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #2593
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Hey Steve! Well, the Sony was only JUST announced at CES, and beyond a couple first look articles, there isn't a ton of research available yet, beyond the fact that it uses a 2017 OLED panel from LG, and it uses the X1 processor chip from their flagship Z9D.

The main difference is that - Sony software with LG hardware.

The damn Sony tax is probably going to kill me. But, I'm tired of playing this display game! I just want one for 5 years and be done with it.
That sounds vaguely similar to what Panasonic is doing with their OLED panels. The trouble is ........... They won't export them to the U.S.. I hope you have better luck with the Sony panel

Keep me posted

Quote:
LOL LOL LOL. You know it's all fun and games!
Of course kid ....................

Quote:
Did you see that we've released, well, EVERYONE?!
I wonder what they'll think they'll accomplish by doing that ?

It looks like we're in for another one of those seasons
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
SVS
Old 03-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #2594
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Man, it's about to be Year 9 to be honest. And even crazier, I'm moving out of my bachelor pad - which this has honestly been - to a house in 6 months.

Figures, once I get comfy! But I'm getting married at the end of this year, so... and it's time to start fresh.

It's time to go UHD, John. You won't regret it. It's a noticeable upgrade and worth the $. Although I'm still clutching to my old Kuro upstairs.

PS. Look at our Join Dates. Our Member Since dates. It's been 10 years! I was only 20!
Oh wow, cool news man, congrats on the home, and can't wait to see what you're going to do with the HT. At least I'm assuming you're going to have one . And an early congrats to you on the marital news.

Don't tempt me man! But honestly, the 50" UHD is satisfying the upgrade bug for now since I've been watching movies more and more in the 2nd setup. So I may delay the upgrade a little longer . It helps that I threw a "little" 7-channel amp in there last August which has been more than satisfying the audio side of things.

Yeah, almost 10 years for us here, although I haven't been anywhere near as active the last 2/3 of that time lol. But I still like to pop in here every so often and see what's up with people's HTs. Yours has always been among my favorites.
"But that's exactly my point! Because you have to Wonder, now how did the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like, uhh, oatmeal, or uhh, tuna fish? That makes you wonder about a lot of things, like you take chicken for example, maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything!"

GO PACKERS

Last edited by red_5ive; 03-06-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #2595
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quote:
Oh wow, cool news man, congrats on the home, and can't wait to see what you're going to do with the HT. At least I'm assuming you're going to have one . And an early congrats to you on the marital news.

Don't tempt me man! But honestly, the 50" UHD is satisfying the upgrade bug for now since I've been watching movies more and more in the 2nd setup. So I may delay the upgrade a little longer . It helps that I threw a "little" 7-channel amp in there last August which has been more than satisfying the audio side of things.

Yeah, almost 10 years for us here, although I haven't been anywhere near as active the last 2/3 of that time lol. But I still like to pop in here every so often and see what's up with people's HTs. Yours has always been among my favorites.
I'm >HOPING< to have a dedicated room for my HT, but home prices in Miami are so ridiculous that I'll settle for another living room, if need be. My time will come! Thanks and thanks. I'll have more space to work with than the 14x12x20 I have now, at least.

Have you gone Atmos yet? I'm tempting you with UHD because I think it's fully worth it. But I'm holding off on Atmos probably until 2018. I'm going to be all tapped out of $ after the Sony OLED, wedding, and home. Completely tapped out. Never leaving the house tapped out. Glad you're happy with the audio side though, that's definitely the most important.

TEN YEARS is 1/3rd of my life and it's crazy to imagine it as such. I'll never be 2007-2009 active again, but it's a great group of folks I've met between the home theater forums and the Destiny forums, so I'll always be around! And thanks again, John!

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch
Old 03-08-2017, 03:12 AM   #2596
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
I'm >HOPING< to have a dedicated room for my HT, but home prices in Miami are so ridiculous that I'll settle for another living room, if need be. My time will come! Thanks and thanks. I'll have more space to work with than the 14x12x20 I have now, at least.

Have you gone Atmos yet? I'm tempting you with UHD because I think it's fully worth it. But I'm holding off on Atmos probably until 2018. I'm going to be all tapped out of $ after the Sony OLED, wedding, and home. Completely tapped out. Never leaving the house tapped out. Glad you're happy with the audio side though, that's definitely the most important.

TEN YEARS is 1/3rd of my life and it's crazy to imagine it as such. I'll never be 2007-2009 active again, but it's a great group of folks I've met between the home theater forums and the Destiny forums, so I'll always be around! And thanks again, John!
I honestly prefer living room HTs. I had a dedicated room in my prior home, but for me there's nothing like having family/friends over and can plop down on the couch or on the floor or wherever. That's "funner" for me/us.

Nope, no Atmos yet... if ever. I've been running 11.3 (15" subs) for the last 5 years or so and I'm way happy with it. It's the longest upgrade drought I've had, and I haven't looked back.

1/3! I have some years on you so it's a little over 1/4 for me lol. And yeah, I agree, really cool people around here in the HT and Destiny forums. But I keep trying to put that da*ned game down, and I keep coming back lol. Hopefully we'll get fire teams going again when Destiny 2 hits.

GO PACKERS
Old 03-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #2597
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quote:
I honestly prefer living room HTs. I had a dedicated room in my prior home, but for me there's nothing like having family/friends over and can plop down on the couch or on the floor or wherever. That's "funner" for me/us.

Nope, no Atmos yet... if ever. I've been running 11.3 (15" subs) for the last 5 years or so and I'm way happy with it. It's the longest upgrade drought I've had, and I haven't looked back.

1/3! I have some years on you so it's a little over 1/4 for me lol. And yeah, I agree, really cool people around here in the HT and Destiny forums. But I keep trying to put that da*ned game down, and I keep coming back lol. Hopefully we'll get fire teams going again when Destiny 2 hits.
Hopefully. I may still have to go living room HT. But a room devoted to movies that I can do theater seating, acoustically treat...dream right there, man.

I just dropped $5,500 on the Sony A1E OLED so going Atmos has been postponed by a year at least. I'm with you there on the drought, my amplifier and subwoofer (7 and 5 years old respectively) won't be replaced until they die.

I'll be back for Destiny 2!

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #2598
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Ok man, I have the funds now to pick up a UHD set. I'm planning to go 65", but I'm hesitating because I tried out the Samsung K8500 on my 49" UHD set in my 2nd setup, and apart from better colors, I'm not seeing a difference in overall clarity/sharpness. I should note it's not an HDR set, but still I would have expected to see a difference in overall clarity/sharpness. The colors are better for sure on a 4k movie (I bought the UHD disc of Fantastic Beasts). It looks great overall no doubt, but still not what I was expecting over 1080p. I'm guessing it's the screen size (viewing distance is within 4 feet), but mind you I have an Oppo 93 so I'm not sure if that unit is just giving the K8500 a run for the money.

I still need some convincing, and it's not helping that I found some charts online that say at the viewing distance in my main room of about 14.4 feet, I won't see a difference with a 65" set. Thoughts?

GO PACKERS
Old 04-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #2599
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Miami, FL

Quote:
Ok man, I have the funds now to pick up a UHD set. I'm planning to go 65", but I'm hesitating because I tried out the Samsung K8500 on my 49" UHD set in my 2nd setup, and apart from better colors, I'm not seeing a difference in overall clarity/sharpness. I should note it's not an HDR set, but still I would have expected to see a difference in overall clarity/sharpness. The colors are better for sure on a 4k movie (I bought the UHD disc of Fantastic Beasts). It looks great overall no doubt, but still not what I was expecting over 1080p. I'm guessing it's the screen size (viewing distance is within 4 feet), but mind you I have an Oppo 93 so I'm not sure if that unit is just giving the K8500 a run for the money.

I still need some convincing, and it's not helping that I found some charts online that say at the viewing distance in my main room of about 14.4 feet, I won't see a difference with a 65" set. Thoughts?
Ok, screw the charts. I've always hated those charts. The charts only consider "resolution" - which is stupid, because resolution is like 10% of the 4K UHD discs - if that.

90%+ of it is the HDR and WCG. If you're trying to watch it on a non-HDR TV, you're losing out on what makes UHD awesome. Your expectations are incorrect, because the secret sauce is on the additional brightness and expanded color gamut.

That's the difference.

Tell you what, do an in-home trial with a Costco TV (since they have a 90 day no questions refund policy). Grab a Samsung 65" whatever with HDR/WCG (think KS8000 or better) for $1500, and try it out.

And, as with blu-ray, the mastering, DI, etc of the movie matter to the 4K UHD.

Fantastic Beasts, to me, was a solid B - for true WOW, try Sicario, Pacific Rim, Star Trek 2, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Shallows, The Revenant - others will come to mind later. Oh, and Planet Earth II of course.

Even at 14', it's a clear difference. My main viewing distance is 7' from the couch, but from the dinette, it's 14', and even then, the "POP" of HDR is immediately noticeable.

Also, I cancelled my order of the $5,500 A1E (personal reasons) and I'm keeping my Vizio P75. Added a Emotiva A700 along the way.

#HozayCinema - 9.1ch
Old 04-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #2600
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Ok, screw the charts. I've always hated those charts. The charts only consider "resolution" - which is stupid, because resolution is like 10% of the 4K UHD discs - if that.

90%+ of it is the HDR and WCG. If you're trying to watch it on a non-HDR TV, you're losing out on what makes UHD awesome. Your expectations are incorrect, because the secret sauce is on the additional brightness and expanded color gamut.

That's the difference.

Tell you what, do an in-home trial with a Costco TV (since they have a 90 day no questions refund policy). Grab a Samsung 65" whatever with HDR/WCG (think KS8000 or better) for $1500, and try it out.

And, as with blu-ray, the mastering, DI, etc of the movie matter to the 4K UHD.

Fantastic Beasts, to me, was a solid B - for true WOW, try Sicario, Pacific Rim, Star Trek 2, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Shallows, The Revenant - others will come to mind later. Oh, and Planet Earth II of course.

Even at 14', it's a clear difference. My main viewing distance is 7' from the couch, but from the dinette, it's 14', and even then, the "POP" of HDR is immediately noticeable.

Also, I cancelled my order of the $5,500 A1E (personal reasons) and I'm keeping my Vizio P75. Added a Emotiva A700 along the way.
Cool, thanks man. I figured it would be a "seeing is believing" thing, but by "pop" do you mean sharpness/clarity or just colors?

I also normally wouldn't trust charts either, but my eyes - which used to be better than 20/20 - have an astigmatism which are starting to bother me a bit between arms length and 15'. Why couldn't it be like 13')? Sucks. So that's really the only reason why I considered the charts.

Thanks for the tips. I"ll give one a try and also pick up Pacific Rim UHD since I've seen it like a gazillion times (love that movie) so that should be a good one to test out. I thought you had the Sony already. I looked at the Visio P series, and I have to say I'm impressed. I'm even impressed with the M series given the price/performance factor. I also picked up an A7000. It's feeding 5 channels in my 2nd setup (+2 from the AVR internal amp for 7 channel), and the other 2 channels is on zone 2 for the wife's art studio so she can listen to tunes while she works. I love that amp.

GO PACKERS
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries