COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Erin Brockovich (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom Planning Ahead: Movies in 2015 and Beyond...

I know how easy it is for films to just not get made after being announced or become stuck in some development phase, but I thought a thread that encompassed all planned projects for the future would allow people to have an idea of what's coming without being solely about one film. It gives people an idea of what they might want to see, and a place to discuss how far along certain films are that they are interested in.

Movies in this might already have individual threads made about them so, if they do, I'll try and link them as they're made.

Here's the ones that have been announced:

Untitled Hulk Project in which Mark Ruffalo will return to play the titular hero. No plot details have been released yet, but it's rumoured to be based on the Planet Hulk comic series.

Angry Birds Project - based on the popular game, it's rumoured that a film is in development at the moment and will follow the story of birds attacking pigs who stole their eggs. Nothing concrete about it yet.

House of Secrets - directed by Chris Columbus, it's about three children who are lost in a fantasy world and are trying to escape. At this point, it seems unlikely that is has anything to do with the DC Comics anthology.

Grave of the Fireflies - about two Japenese children who try to survive the horrors of WWII. Based on an autobiographical account by Akiyuki Nosaka, which has already seen a 1988 animated feature and TV film made about it.

Untitled Richard Linklater Project - a documentary about the growing up of a teenage boy, which has been an on-going project from 2001 and wraps up production in 2013, filming for only a few weeks every year.

Untitled Pixar Project x2 - only one has any released details that might or might not be true. Attached to Pete Docter (director of Up!) it is about inside the mind of a little girl, dealing with her emotions. Screenplay is attached to Michael Ardnt.

Avengers 2 - the sequel to the hit Avengers (or Avengers Assemble), confirmed to be directed by Joss Whedon and including the same cast. A treatment has apparently been written and submitted by Whedon already.

Avatar 2 - the sequel to James Cameron's blockbuster apparently takes place underwater, for which Cameron has achieved an even further level of honing with the 3D system he uses.

Prometheus Sequel (Paradise) - Scott's sequel to the brilliant, but flawed, Prometheus sees the director return to ask more existential questions, all in 3D once more.

Star Wars VII - see active thread for more details - http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....=star+wars+vii

All projects from above come from http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2015/, with some backed up by IMdB pages (there's the Pixar one - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/). Whether they're made or not is another thing, however.

[Key: Yellow = rumoured, Red = in development, Blue = pre-production, Purple = production, Green = post-production]

Last edited by legendarymatt92; 12-06-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Every movie announced for the future? This is going to become a humongous list!
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Minnesota

2015? don't see the biggies Avatar 2 or Star Wars VII so here's is a little help for your list with some dates
http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2015/
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

YEAH!
It's showtime, folks!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #5

Nov 2010
Hove,UK

2015 could be the biggest year for movies yet.
3D is here to stay,get used to it.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Star Wars Episode VII
PS4 PSN ID: Evangelion_60

"Nothing can stop the Apocalypse!"
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Every movie announced for the future? This is going to become a humongous list!
Yeah, I worried about that, but maybe thought about just restricting it to 2015/2016 to make it more manageable. Not sure what the mods might think about such a broad thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
2015? don't see the biggies Avatar 2 or Star Wars VII so here's is a little help for your list with some dates
http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2015/
Star Wars VII has it's own independent thread, and I figured Avatar 2 would soon as well, so I didn't mention it.

I also didn't mention Paradise (the Prometheus sequel) because I know that has it's own thread (although, now I've said that, I can't find the thread for it at all)

EDIT: Avatar 2 and Avengers 2 have been added, as have Prometheus Sequel and Star Wars VII.

Last edited by legendarymatt92; 12-06-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Dayton, OH

Prometheus 2
Strassen in Flammen
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post

YEAH!
With hopefully a villain(s) that actually feels threatening!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?release_date=2015,

I guess that of those Taming The Beast and Falling Down 2 sound good, but usually a movie planned that far in advance is just a generic blockbuster, I hate to say.
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

With Clerks III being announced by Smith, there's every possibility that it could be released in 2015 (unless, of course, Jeff Anderson doesn't sign on or takes his time).
Old 12-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarymatt92 View Post
Yeah, I worried about that, but maybe thought about just restricting it to 2015/2016 to make it more manageable. Not sure what the mods might think about such a broad thread.

Star Wars VII has it's own independent thread, and I figured Avatar 2 would soon as well, so I didn't mention it.

I also didn't mention Paradise (the Prometheus sequel) because I know that has it's own thread (although, now I've said that, I can't find the thread for it at all)

EDIT: Avatar 2 and Avengers 2 have been added, as have Prometheus Sequel and Star Wars VII.
so this is a thread for those movies that don't or maybe won't have a thread
Old 12-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Falling Down 2????

Really, I love the original with Michael Douglas, fantastic film!!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Wonder Woman and Flash movies
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
so this is a thread for those movies that don't or maybe won't have a thread
Well, yes and no - it's a thread for the announcement of upcoming movies that maybe don't have a thread of their own yet, where people can discuss projects that are announced or rumoured that maybe don't even get made, or discuss plot lines/stories for the things that are upcoming.

Gotta be honest, it made sense in my head when I made it but maybe now it doesn't as much
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
2015, 2016, future, hulk, pixar