Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 3 4.84%
Two Stars 11 17.74%
Three Stars 20 32.26%
Four Stars 27 43.55%
Five Stars 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #141
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Franklin, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

It's only projected to have a 35-37% loss over last weekend which is FANTASTIC.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #142
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Texas
Default From the FilmVice blog:

While not without it's pleasures, Now You See Me is the second 2013 wide release that squanders the intrigue of magic. Whereas The Incredible Burt Wonderstone traded in schmaltz and shopworn gags, Now You See Me attempts to thrill with bright visuals and illogical plot details that not only threaten to topple over into absurdity, but firmly do. The suspension of disbelief it demands of its audience is so great that even M. Night Shyamalan would belt a hearty "wait a second."

Louis Leterrier, the helmer of such unassuming genre entries as the first two Transporter movies, has shed much of the tedious computer generated inanity that made The Incredible Hulk and the Clash of The Titans remake chores to sit through (although the kraken was the most memorable screen monster of 2010). Sure, holographic projections, pixelated dollar bill confetti and far fetched technology abound, but those are not the chief pleasures.

Four variants of the magic trade—Jesse Eisenberg as J. Daniel Atlas, Woody Harrelson as Merritt McKinney, Isla Fisher as Henley Reeves and Dave Franco as Jack Wilder—are assembled by an anonymous patron to perform stage shows centered around a trick that inspired unadorned awe. A member of a Las Vegas audience is seemingly selected at random, given a helmet and placed inside a teleportation device that transports him to the bank vault of his choosing. Once inside, he activates an air duct that employs the same folded space—a loving nod to Dune if there ever was one—to vacuum millions of euros to the auditorium, showering the gleeful audience in Euros.

A cocksure FBI agent, Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) is this called in to investigate. Strapped with gorgeous French Interpol agent Alma Vargas, the charming Mélanie Laurent effectively utilized as an earthy love interest, they will traverse the continental United States to bring them to justice. As the increasingly grandiose narrative snowballs more implausible plot turns, the film threatens to shrug off any audience members who paid to see an intelligent thriller. Furthermore, the benevolent actions of the Four Horsemen—the highlights of which are on full display in the trailer—serve as blatant wish fulfillment four out money hungry times. There are no less than three such heist/shower set pieces that squarely aim to put the audience in a euphoric trance.

Where the film compensates for its narrative shortcomings is in the bright, restless cinematography. This is easily the best looking film to have the Louis Leterrier stamp. Unmotivated camera movement, lens flares and a tight rein on the pacing knot finely with one liners and innocuous summer tone. This is the type of bargain-bin escapist entertainment that should bode well with forgiving, fun-seeking audiences.
★★˝

Last edited by Abdrewes; 06-07-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #143
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Would have rated this a 4 star but the ending totally ruined it for me. Don't know why.....just seemed lame. Up until that point I thought it was a fun ride. So I gave it a 3/5.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 06-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #144
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

One of the things that totally kept me from loving this film was the whole hypnosis thing. It ain't that easy, mostly because it ain't even that real. But in this film you can mutter a word and a person is your zombie.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 06-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #145
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

$6M yesterday and around $19M this weekend. Yeah, this most likely will hit $100M
Old 06-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #146
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
$6M yesterday and around $19M this weekend. Yeah, this most likely will hit $100M
Thats great
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Old 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #147
Banned

Aug 2011

I finally got to see this last Monday. I enjoyed it. The ending could've been a little shorter. I didn't care too much for Mark Ruffalo's character.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #148
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
100 mil is highly unlikely. Even ignoring normal dropoff of 30-40+ % per week, much of the success of this film last weekend was the lack of much else opening against it. It was the best of the limited choices on a slow weekend. Its sole opponent was a badly reviewed scifi film. This week brings newer competition with Internship and Purge, and then right behind that is Man of Steel, This Is the End, etc.
It will do ok. but wont break 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil View Post
lol

The release date of this is bizarre to me and it seems like Lions Gate wants to bury it. Feels like a March or August movie to me.
$89,031,000 so far. Gotta love the haters.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #149
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
Where were they hating on the film?
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Fury. Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #150
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
estimated at $94.7M after this weekend. Hey, I can admit when I'm wrong.
I didn't think it would limp it's way to 100M, but it will, despite its mediocrity. (But for the record, I never "hated" on it)
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #151
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

Finally saw this today. It ends its run at the local AMC tomorrow. Bigger crowd than I thought would be at a 4:50 Wed show (although not a big crowd). Really enjoyed it. It had flaws, but it was fun. Had much more fun at this than I did at The Heat. I've only seen 5 movies since early June. Time to step it up. Can't wait to see Star Trek this week!

And re: the interview above... I think Eisenberg has a dry sense of humor. He very well may be a dick, but the interviewer was so unprofessional. You go through round after round of press just sitting there answering the same inane questions. That's bad enough. Then this gal comes in (probably a failed actor), seeming to want to interject herself into the interview (make it about her). Nobody cares lady. If you want to be a star, go stand in line. In the meantime, just ask the questions and don't act like an idiot.

edit: And we've been seeing absolute shit trailers so far this summer. To think this was the best set of trailers yet (considering this came out over a month ago)....wow.
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #152
Special Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunk Golden View Post
Finally saw this today. It ends its run at the local AMC tomorrow. Bigger crowd than I thought would be at a 4:50 Wed show (although not a big crowd). Really enjoyed it. It had flaws, but it was fun. Had much more fun at this than I did at The Heat. I've only seen 5 movies since early June. Time to step it up. Can't wait to see Star Trek this week!

And re: the interview above... I think Eisenberg has a dry sense of humor. He very well may be a dick, but the interviewer was so unprofessional. You go through round after round of press just sitting there answering the same inane questions. That's bad enough. Then this gal comes in (probably a failed actor), seeming to want to interject herself into the interview (make it about her). Nobody cares lady. If you want to be a star, go stand in line. In the meantime, just ask the questions and don't act like an idiot.

edit: And we've been seeing absolute shit trailers so far this summer. To think this was the best set of trailers yet (considering this came out over a month ago)....wow.
I agree that this summer has been bad. I enjoyed this movie very much. its my number 1 at the moment and I have seen others like star trek, man of steel, and others.

Jacob
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #153
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
KY

I wonder when the release date is? I thought by now since it's been out for 2 months we would know by now.
Proud to be a member of the ACC!!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #154
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since it was released. I'd assume we'd be hearing something soon. I'm guessing it'll be released in October sometime (hopefully during the next U & S at BB).
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."
Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #155

Dec 2012
Eastern PA

Seems like this one is all sizzle, no steak. Aside from a really cool fight scene in which a cop fights a magician who's using parlor tricks, this one failed to impress me. The ending features a nonsensical twist - which I'm sure you knew would happen, based on the fact that it's about sleight of hand.

The real magic trick was how this made $100 million at the box office.
Visit The Kleeblog
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #156

May 2013

It's a fun film for sure, but I didn't like the cinematography and the fast cuts.

3.5/5.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #157
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

Glad I didn't have to waste my money to see this...
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #158
Suspended

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

I cant believe I was bored silly watching this film after renting it the other day - I even dozed off a couple times. I was so sure that I was going to love this movie!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies