Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Lifeboat $13.72 (9% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Terminator: Genisys 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.08
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.48
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.41
Jack the Giant Slayer 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.89
The Angry Birds Movie 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.03
The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.67
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.69
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 09-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA
Germany Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore Blu-ray 3D

Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore Blu-ray

December 13
"I am jw and I approve this message
Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Interesting. Hopefully America will get a 3D general retail release as well. Didn't catch this movie in the theatres. Love 3D but I have my limits of what Im willing to pay to see just because its in 3D.

Clash of the Titans got a German 3D release but was 2D only in America. Im really hoping history doesn't repeat itself.
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Interesting. Hopefully America will get a 3D general retail release as well. Didn't catch this movie in the theatres. Love 3D but I have my limits of what Im willing to pay to see just because its in 3D.
This was one of the few I didn't care for too much. It had a great 3D computer animated Road Runner at the beginning though. I hope they put that on the disk. You know, sometimes I go just because it's 3D, but thought the movie wasn't going to be very good. but then ended up very pleasantly surprised. So now I try to always go because you just never know.

Quote:
Clash of the Titans got a German 3D release but was 2D only in America. Im really hoping history doesn't repeat itself.
Yeah, I hope so too. I wonder what will happen with Airbender.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 09-07-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA
USA Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore Blu-ray 3D | Nov 16

Cats and Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore Blu-ray 3D

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore 3D Blu-ray Review

November 16, 2010

News Post
"I am jw and I approve this message

Last edited by Deciazulado; 02-19-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #5

May 2010
Default Any good

Was this movie any good. I'm interested in being able to buy a 3d blu Ray. But reviews say this movie is crap
Old 09-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Was this movie any good. I'm interested in being able to buy a 3d blu Ray. But reviews say this movie is crap
No, not too great. Out of all the releases in November it's on the bottom of my priority list. But at least it's being released!

I recently watched the Underdog movie and enjoyed that a lot more.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
I recently watched the Underdog movie and enjoyed that a lot more.
Citing Underdog as a positive example shows people should have low low expectations.

I too have zero interest in this title even though I want lots of 3D titles
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Old 09-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Citing Underdog as a positive example shows people should have low low expectations.

I too have zero interest in this title even though I want lots of 3D titles
Lol, true. Underdog ended up being more entertaining than I had expected. But I wouldn't say it was great or anything.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #9

Sep 2010
Default Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore 3D

I haven't finished watching the whole movie... I saw maybe the first 30 minutes or so, and here is some of what I noticed:

The 3D on this film is surprisingly well-done considering the movie was filmed originally in 2D.

The opening credits are an awesome James Bond-style montage (collage?) of images set to a cover of Pink's "I'm Coming Up" (or whatever the title of the song is), all in glorious eye-popping 3D with a cute cats-and-dogs theme, which included exploding "cherry bombs" made of balls of yarn, where the loose ends of yarn acted as the fuses.

There is an anomaly about 15 to 20 minutes into the movie, where our heroes enter an old cat-lady's house where for a couple of minutes the 3D gets all wonky and headache-inducing. During this time, if you take your 3D glasses off, you can see how the vertical alignment of the left and right eye images are completely misaligned. Also the parallax is very extreme during this time, and there is a dire need during these two minutes for the often misunderstood vertical black bars at the sides of the screen, since the "window violations", as we 3D photographers call them, at the sides of the screen are so bad that you feel like your eyeballs are going to explode and fall out of your head (and not in a good way). The vertical black bars should have been there to alleviate the discomfort, but they weren't. And oddly enough, just as abruptly as the anomaly started, it ends (during the kitty litter scene). Weird! And inexplicable.

Has anyone else noticed this anomaly? Or do I somehow have a bad disk? I can't speak for the quality of the rest of the movie, since I haven't watched it yet, having gone to bed at the kitty litter scene.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #10

Aug 2010
United Kingdom Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truong View Post
I haven't finished watching the whole movie... I saw maybe the first 30 minutes or so, and here is some of what I noticed:

The 3D on this film is surprisingly well-done considering the movie was filmed originally in 2D.

The opening credits are an awesome James Bond-style montage (collage?) of images set to a cover of Pink's "I'm Coming Up" (or whatever the title of the song is), all in glorious eye-popping 3D with a cute cats-and-dogs theme, which included exploding "cherry bombs" made of balls of yarn, where the loose ends of yarn acted as the fuses.

There is an anomaly about 15 to 20 minutes into the movie, where our heroes enter an old cat-lady's house where for a couple of minutes the 3D gets all wonky and headache-inducing. During this time, if you take your 3D glasses off, you can see how the vertical alignment of the left and right eye images are completely misaligned. Also the parallax is very extreme during this time, and there is a dire need during these two minutes for the often misunderstood vertical black bars at the sides of the screen, since the "window violations", as we 3D photographers call them, at the sides of the screen are so bad that you feel like your eyeballs are going to explode and fall out of your head (and not in a good way). The vertical black bars should have been there to alleviate the discomfort, but they weren't. And oddly enough, just as abruptly as the anomaly started, it ends (during the kitty litter scene). Weird! And inexplicable.

Has anyone else noticed this anomaly? Or do I somehow have a bad disk? I can't speak for the quality of the rest of the movie, since I haven't watched it yet, having gone to bed at the kitty litter scene.
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question Truong since I haven't got the movie here in the UK. But I do want to ask another question. It's about where you live(hence my title).

As you've already got the disc, maybe you or someone else can enlighten me as to the different release dates. Here on blu ray.com it's listed as to be released on the 29th of November, while other sources(AmazonUK being one) list it as coming out on the 16th of November. In other words, it's already available. Since you've got the disc I'm assuming the earlier date is the correct one. Or am I missing something?

John.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #11

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasiafilmlover View Post
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question Truong since I haven't got the movie here in the UK. But I do want to ask another question. It's about where you live(hence my title).

As you've already got the disc, maybe you or someone else can enlighten me as to the different release dates. Here on blu ray.com it's listed as to be released on the 29th of November, while other sources(AmazonUK being one) list it as coming out on the 16th of November. In other words, it's already available. Since you've got the disc I'm assuming the earlier date is the correct one. Or am I missing something?

John.
John, I live in the U.S. Cats and Dogs was released here on November 16.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #12

Aug 2010
United Kingdom Great!

Quote:
John, I live in the U.S. Cats and Dogs was released here on November 16.
Thank you Truong for answering that. So I'm guessing that this site has got the date wrong(unless there's something else in the pipeline for the 29th).

Once again, thank you.

John.

Edit: Have since found out the date is for the 2D edition accompanied by the first movie.

Last edited by fantasiafilmlover; 11-19-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: New info
Old 11-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
Power Member

May 2010

In the theater before this movie there was a short 3D animated Road Runner. Is that on the disc as well?

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 11-19-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #14

Aug 2006
Nottingham, England

Quote:
In the theater before this movie there was a short 3D animated Road Runner. Is that on the disc as well?
It is indeed Lovemy3D, if I remember it is called Coyote Falls
Old 11-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wright View Post
It is indeed Lovemy3D, if I remember it is called Coyote Falls
Sweet! That's good to hear, I loved that. That will surely sway me to pick this up sooner rather than later.

Thank you.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #16

Aug 2006
Nottingham, England

Quote:
Sweet! That's good to hear, I loved that. That will surely sway me to pick this up sooner rather than later.

Thank you.
More than welcome
Old 12-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #17

Sep 2010

Quote:

Update:

Yesterday, I went to Best Buy and exchanged my copy of Cats and Dogs for a different copy, hoping that somehow my first copy was just a defective copy. Unfortunately, the new copy had the same problem.

Here is what I observed, having now seen the "wonky" scene again:

The anomaly appears around the 34-minute-mark and lasts about 2 minutes. Originally, I had thought that there was a parallax error, but I have now noticed that isn't the case. Actually, during these 2 minutes the left-eye-image is smaller than the right-eye image!!!! You can see this if you alternately close your left and right eyes (if you pause the movie, you'll see this even more easily). It seems the left-eye view is zoomed out further than the right eye view. The end result is incredibly uncomfortable, eyeball-busting, headache-inducing viewing.

Currently, I'm still not sure whether this is a "printing" error on the part of the blu-ray manufacturer, or if somehow my theater setup is causing this. It's such a disappointment considering how pleasantly surprised I was otherwise with the quality of the 3D in this movie (and having had very low expectations for the movie itself, I ultimately found it pretty enjoyable, especially since the kick-ass gray cat super spy looks like my own cat LuLu - I've got 2 dogs and 2 cats).

Now I need to figure out who to contact about this issue...Warner Brothers?....

I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this problem?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Update:

Yesterday, I went to Best Buy and exchanged my copy of Cats and Dogs for a different copy, hoping that somehow my first copy was just a defective copy. Unfortunately, the new copy had the same problem.

Here is what I observed, having now seen the "wonky" scene again:

The anomaly appears around the 34-minute-mark and lasts about 2 minutes. Originally, I had thought that there was a parallax error, but I have now noticed that isn't the case. Actually, during these 2 minutes the left-eye-image is smaller than the right-eye image!!!! You can see this if you alternately close your left and right eyes (if you pause the movie, you'll see this even more easily). It seems the left-eye view is zoomed out further than the right eye view. The end result is incredibly uncomfortable, eyeball-busting, headache-inducing viewing.

Currently, I'm still not sure whether this is a "printing" error on the part of the blu-ray manufacturer, or if somehow my theater setup is causing this. It's such a disappointment considering how pleasantly surprised I was otherwise with the quality of the 3D in this movie (and having had very low expectations for the movie itself, I ultimately found it pretty enjoyable, especially since the kick-ass gray cat super spy looks like my own cat LuLu - I've got 2 dogs and 2 cats).

Now I need to figure out who to contact about this issue...Warner Brothers?....

I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this problem?
The issue is related to the HD 3D source tapes and can not be corrected without a new master. This is Warner's problem, not a "printing" error from the blu-ray manufacturer.

Unless WB can lay blame squarely on the company that did the compression & authoring, this probably will not be corrected since WB would have to foot the bill for a new master, authoring, QA and replication. - Good luck.

fitprod
Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #19

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
The issue is related to the HD 3D source tapes and can not be corrected without a new master. This is Warner's problem, not a "printing" error from the blu-ray manufacturer.

Unless WB can lay blame squarely on the company that did the compression & authoring, this probably will not be corrected since WB would have to foot the bill for a new master, authoring, QA and replication. - Good luck.

fitprod
3D viewing, even under the best of circumstances (in other words, without flawed source material and misaligned left and right eye views or any other kinds of problems), already comes with a slew of disclaimers and warnings about eye-strain, dizziness, headaches, and discomfort. It seems to me that in these litigious times, Warner Brothers would be wise to correct this problem on their disk, especially since it could be said that they have unleashed upon an unsuspecting public a product that is guaranteed to create eye-strain, stress, and discomfort to not just the general public, but more specifically, children, since Cats and Dogs is a family film.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #20

Aug 2010
United Kingdom The anomaly is there...

Quote:
3D viewing, even under the best of circumstances (in other words, without flawed source material and misaligned left and right eye views or any other kinds of problems), already comes with a slew of disclaimers and warnings about eye-strain, dizziness, headaches, and discomfort. It seems to me that in these litigious times, Warner Brothers would be wise to correct this problem on their disk, especially since it could be said that they have unleashed upon an unsuspecting public a product that is guaranteed to create eye-strain, stress, and discomfort to not just the general public, but more specifically, children, since Cats and Dogs is a family film.
I have to agree with you Truong. I now have the disc(from the US as its region-free) and noticed the anomaly. However, since I live in the UK, the rigmarole involved in returning it would be too much of a harassment--especially at this time of year. So, since it doesn't last very long(and my partner didn't see anything wrong when she watched it with me!), I won't return it. The scene, to my mind, isn't really all that important as it doesn't add much to the overall story, so I can skip(or fast-forward) to the next part of the film without losing much in the way of plot.

John.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies