Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #101

Jun 2009

Just did the vudu disc to digital and on the HDX there's not a comic book panel in sight.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #102

Jun 2011

I most certainly could see Warner jumping on the band wagon and releasing this as a theatrical cut version. They have re-released multiple titles in so called 'updated versions' and are still doing so.

Titles such as Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, The Exorcist, always with some add on packaging scheme or new supplemental material previously unavailable. I have scene this playing over the past six months on HDNET movies network as the original theatrical cut. It looks terrific! What better way to te-release an existing title with new packaging and their own logo pressed on it!

This wouldn't be a first for Warner! Don't get your hopes down. BTW, I hate the DC.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:04 AM   #103
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
PA

Roger Hill, Who Played Cyrus in ‘The Warriors,’ Dies at 65

Quote:
Roger Hill, who played gang leader Cyrus in Walter Hill’s 1979 cult classic “The Warriors,” died Thursday in New York. He was 65.

Hill spent nearly 20 years as an actor, working mostly in theater. He was an early participant in the Frank Silvera Writers’ Workshop and appeared in Off Broadway and touring productions of Charles Gordone’s “No Place to Be Somebody,” Ed Bullins’ “The Fabulous Miss Marie” and “Hamlet.”

But the role with which he made the biggest impression was the charismatic but doomed gang lord Cyrus in Paramount’s “The Warriors.” He also played Alec Lowndes on ABC’s “One Life to Live” from 1982-85.

In 2005 he filed a lawsuit of $250,000 against Rockstar Games for using his voice and depicting him in the videogame based on “The Warriors.”

Born and raised in New York City, Hill graduated from the City College of New York. In later years, he left acting and spent time working as a part=time librarian and writing poetry.

He is survived by his only son, film editor Chris W. Hill.
http://variety.com/2014/film/people-...65-1201120971/
Old 02-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #104
Special Member

Jan 2009
Twin Cities, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
Roger Hill, Who Played Cyrus in ‘The Warriors,’ Dies at 65

http://variety.com/2014/film/people-...65-1201120971/
I remember when he tried to sue Rockstar. It was so ridiculous, just him trying to grasp some kind of fortune and fame.
"Does the Blu-ray version of '.......' look better than it's DVD version?"

I'm so sick of this question. 99% of Blu-rays look better than their DVD counterpart. Period.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #105

Feb 2014

Hey guys - saw The Warriors on Blu a while back & highly agree the PQ is incredible, even better than you would expect for a film this old. Those who were involved in re-mastering this for the Blu release deserve both awards & accolades - stunning.

I know there are several versions of this film floating around. The only two I've seen are the SE DVD & the Blu; I know that the comic book segueways/intermissions were created for the SE DVD release, and weren't in the original. I don't mind them, but understand that those who saw the film on it's original theatrical release and/or the VHS/TV release (without these comic book sections) may find them jarring/distracting.

I did have a question about the Blu release, however....In the SE DVD release, over the credits (when all of the characters had reached the ocean), it listed the actors who were in the film that had passed on (up to that point of the SE DVD release, presumably). However, this was absent from the Blu release....Does anyone know why this was cut? I actually felt this made the film itself more poignant, but maybe that's just me...

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 03-26-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #106

Apr 2014
USA

On the $4.88 display at Wal-Mart.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #107

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilswift View Post
On the $4.88 display at Wal-Mart.
Man, that's tempting. Are the comic panel things THAT big of a distraction? $4.88 is an awfully good price.
"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #108
Power Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Man, that's tempting. Are the comic panel things THAT big of a distraction? $4.88 is an awfully good price.
Yes, they are.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #109

Oct 2008

Quote:
Annoying as hell to me but that's because I had seen the movie so many times without them. I guess it really depends on how familiar you are with the film though.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #110

Jun 2009

Quote:
it bothers me bigtime!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #111

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clockwork orange View Post
it bothers me bigtime!
Me too. I won't buy it at any price. I'll pay full price for the real movie.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #112
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Me too. I won't buy it at any price. I'll pay full price for the real movie.
Well I did buy it when it came out and I to cannot stand those comic parts, so I have hunted down some HD footage of the Theatrical and we are going to fix this for sure.

How is the audio on these releases though? are they all good, have there been tweaks and such?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #113
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
I had never seen the film before I watched the BD, so they didn't bother me in the slightest.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #114
Special Member

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

So is there Comic Book inspired segments in between the scene transitions of the movie?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #115

Apr 2014
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
I had never seen the film before I watched the BD, so they didn't bother me in the slightest.
Same, it was a blind buy for me and it didn't bother me.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #116
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheMovieGuy View Post
So is there Comic Book inspired segments in between the scene transitions of the movie?
Only on the DC, which most like far less than the theater cut. I still remember hunting down the theater dvd when the DC dvd came out (the original was OOP, not sure if it still is as I see it more often now). You can see the changes here.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #117
Special Member

Jan 2009
Twin Cities, MN

The PQ is so great on the Blu-ray release, it's easily worth $5 bucks. There's literally, 20 seconds of comic panels throughout the whole movie. I understand some people don't like it, but to have such hatred that you'd pass it up at less than $5... Insane! People act like the DC has 30 minutes of altered footage throughout...
"Does the Blu-ray version of '.......' look better than it's DVD version?"

I'm so sick of this question. 99% of Blu-rays look better than their DVD counterpart. Period.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #118

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasFootPowder View Post
There's literally, 20 seconds of comic panels throughout the whole movie.
I'd guess there isn't even that much. The PQ really is fantastic, and the movie is SO good it's a shame to pass it up. I'm usually a purist when it comes to this kind of thing, but I love this movie too much to pass up the better PQ for a RELATIVELY minor addition.

I think that's why i forgive it. Hill added it, and even explains why. It bothers me differently than, say, the audio changes made to Scarface. I'm passing on the Scarface blu b/c they changed the sound effects. Sounds fake, and dubbed. I have the same problem with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #119
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Only on the DC, which most like far less than the theater cut. I still remember hunting down the theater dvd when the DC dvd came out (the original was OOP, not sure if it still is as I see it more often now). You can see the changes here.
The theatre cut has NO animated stuff. And no animated retcon intro to make parallels to some Greek/Futruistic Journey.

I have the VHS & DVD versions w/out the animated junk.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #120

Jun 2011

I can see why it's only $4.88. Who the hell wants it!! Release the theatrical version. Oh! I forgot! This would be up to Warner!

Never mind!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America