Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mad Max Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #201
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
You bought this thing twice?
Sold on the US release the day after watching it, prerelease copies carry a premium price so I normally sell them on and pick up again at a later date when they are cheaper, the UK 2D release was only a tenner and I wanted to check out the commentary, deleted scenes and documentary, thought it might shed me light on what happened lol
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #202

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBoy14 View Post
I've been holding out for the same thing. According to Amazon UK's site, theirs is Region B, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.
Hmm, I guess we'll see. I have the French version pre-ordered, I'm planning on just taking a chance that it will be region free (probably not though).
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #203
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseOffender View Post
Hmm, I guess we'll see. I have the French version pre-ordered, I'm planning on just taking a chance that it will be region free (probably not though).
I'm contemplating getting the French version but I'm curious on whether it's region locked. Please post here when you test it out and inform us if it's region free.
"You're a woman, Harry"
Old 04-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #204

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYJAPE21 View Post
I'm contemplating getting the French version but I'm curious on whether it's region locked. Please post here when you test it out and inform us if it's region free.
I'll let you know, should be here by Wednesday.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #205
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke smot View Post
This was 19.99 at best buy today. Got an $8 price adj
Makes this bad movie a bit more tolerable.
U could've waited and got it for 14.99 when upgrade and save starts on the 21st that would have been a better deal
Old 04-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #206

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYJAPE21 View Post
It is indeed region locked. And as far as I can tell, there is forced French subtitles on the English audio. I already have the American Blu-ray, so this isn't much of a deal to me, as I bought the French version for the extras. But you have to have a way to watch Region B movies.

Also, interestingly, the audio commentary doesn't seem to have any audio...it appears it's all translated to French text commentary. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #207

Sep 2011
Stoneham, Qc, Canada

I confirm that the SH Revelation, French BR, is locked (but the 1rst is unlocked).
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #208

Feb 2011

Surprised that it's B locked. Just received my copy of the region-free French release for the first film in the mail today. Disappointed that I won't be able to compliment that with the sequel.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #209

Sep 2011
Stoneham, Qc, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
Surprised that it's B locked. Just received my copy of the region-free French release for the first film in the mail today. Disappointed that I won't be able to compliment that with the sequel.
Yeah: that's what I was expecting too, and I took a chance, since they are both from Metropolitan
Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #210
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseOffender View Post
It is indeed region locked. And as far as I can tell, there is forced French subtitles on the English audio. I already have the American Blu-ray, so this isn't much of a deal to me, as I bought the French version for the extras. But you have to have a way to watch Region B movies.

Also, interestingly, the audio commentary doesn't seem to have any audio...it appears it's all translated to French text commentary. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks for the update. It's disappointing to hear its region locked. I'm dying to see the documentary and hear the commentary.
"You're a woman, Harry"
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #211

Jan 2011

Now that all the regions have been released, how do the different releases compare? PQ, AQ, extras... The US release looks to be the weakest because of the lack of extras, but I haven't heard anything about PQ/AQ comparisons. In any event, the UK release looks to be the best bet since it has a healthy set of extras and is the most accessible of the imports, but the French release seems to have the edge on extras.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #212
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

I thought the French and UK sets had identical extras?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #213

Jan 2011

For the French release, here's what I could gather from putting the listings from AgoraHD and Amazon.fr through a translator:

- DVD of the film
- 36-page booklet
- Rotate 3D
- Audio commentary by director
- cut scenes (in 2D and 3D, with or without director's commentary)
- making of
- behind the scenes
- The corridors of Brookhaven
- Ring of Fire
- The streets
- Costumes
- Workshop
- Anatomy of three scenes
- the design of the generic end
- look at Silent Hill (3D and 2D)
- trailer (in 3D and 2D, and VF VOST)
- the attraction from the movie

Comparing that to the dvdcompare.net listing, the UK release seems to be missing the 5 Behind the Scenes pieces, Anatomy of 3 Scenes, "Design of the Generic End" (hehe, whatever that means), and "Rotate 3d" (whatever that means, not sure if it's an actual feature). There's also the DVD copy and 36-page booklet. The UK release does have the 46-second intro by the director which the French doesn't.

Overall I'd say France wins for extras, though SenseOffender mentions that French subs are forced (some programs can override this as well as the region lock) and the audio commentary may be French text only.

Last edited by cyborgLIS; 06-19-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #214

Jul 2008
Calgary, Alberta

This wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, I'd say it's a worthy sequel to the first one. Maybe like a 6/10 where the first was a 7/10.

It had a lot of weak moments, particularly the high school scenes, but I thought the parts in Silent Hill were interesting enough.
Started Collecting Jun 29, 2008
Most Wanted Blu-rays: Beowulf 3D | Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair

Last edited by WhySoCereal; 12-03-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #215
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoCereal View Post
This wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, I'd say it's a worthy sequel to the first one. Maybe like a 6/10 where the first was a 7/10.

It had a lot of weak moments, particularly the high school scenes, but I thought the parts in Silent Hill were interesting enough.
Once they finally get to Silent Hill, the movie picks up, but wow, is the acting in this movie awful. Silent Hill 1 was much better.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America