Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mad Max Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-12-2014, 01:34 AM   #1001
Expert Member

Mar 2010
SoCali

Quote:
Originally Posted by femogan View Post
Just out of curiosity... do you guys buy all the classics or just the ones you truly love? I'm asking because I love Disney but some movies (Chicken Little, Home on the Range) I would get just so I can "have all the classics"...
I buy them all! I am 7 away from owning them all I just need 1 more animated one and some live action ones. I buy all the animated, live action, Pixar, Studio Ghibli and Disney Nature movies. I watch them all!

I grew up with a lot of the ones people hate and I love them. Home on the Range came out when I was 6 Chicken Little when I was 7 ect. I've seen almost all of them (still need to watch Pete's Dragon, and the original Tron) I love a lot of the sequels better then the originals tho.

I haven't seen as many of the live action movies tho.
Yes I am a girl and a movie collector :)
Old 04-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #1002

Aug 2013
Ontario, Canada

I only started collecting about a year and a half ago (shortly before Cinderella came out on Bluray), so I had missed the early Diamonds, besides Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (gifts, thank god). I have every Diamond since Cinderella and most of the other ones.

I only buy the ones I like, but I have bought some of the less-desirable ones if I've found them for cheap (Disney cheap, under $15 if I'm lucky). For example, I got Home on the Range (number 53 out of 53 >_>) for $10, slip and all, and I got Dinosaur for $15. Pocahontas was a gift for my sister but it's still on my shelf so I guess I own it.

Besides those 3 I don't have other 'bad' ones. I've been looking for Aristocats as I heard it's no longer $35 here (Canada). I almost bought Oliver and Company the other day because it was $15 but I didn't have the money since I was there for The Hobbit. I also missed Brother Bear and Atlantis because they're still both full price here, which is a lot.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #1003

Mar 2014
Mississippi

Question for people that buy all Disney movies even ones they don't like. Why spend money on something you don't enjoy? I mean I like collecting Blu-Rays/dvds too, but I only spend money on movies/shows I like.
"I'm in trouble." Gwen Stacy, The Amazing Spider-Man.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #1004

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Stacy View Post
Question for people that buy all Disney movies even ones they don't like. Why spend money on something you don't enjoy? I mean I like collecting Blu-Rays/dvds too, but I only spend money on movies/shows I like.
Speaking only for myself, if I have to pay a movie I'm not a fan of, it's mostly due to its supplements and short films. If I buy Cinderella or The Little Mermaid, it's not for the movies, it's for Tangled Ever After and The Little Match Girl respectively.

Granted, I have yet to buy those blu-rays for the moment, but I'm making an example for myself.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #1005

Feb 2014
Talking My complete Disney Blu collection (live action/animated)

This will be on my profile with the "what i own" list for the links to the films but, with the exception of the wall of fame installments, (frozen. oz. etc.)
here's all my Disney blus.

Pixar:
a bug's life
monsters inc.
toy story trilogy
up
wall e.

Disney:
Alice in wonderland (2010)
Atlantis double
bolt
beauty and the beast
Narnia double
john carter
the jungle book
the lion king 3D
the nightmare before Christmas
pirates of the Caribbean quadrilogy
prince of Persia: sands of time
the princess and the frog
race to witch mountain
the sorcerer's apprentice
tangled 3D
tron double

looking forward to hercules, tarzan and hopefully, aladdin!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #1006
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Alhambra, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Stacy View Post
I'd like to complete my collection, it's true for many more movies in a series. And also many of the less popular ones are also the ones I haven't watched before, so I need to check it out myself.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #1007

Aug 2011
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelwu View Post
Do young kids today also treasure these classics?
Depends on how you define "treasure." But, that withstanding, I think that, yes, in the broadest of definitions, children of today would appreciate the classics. I have a 9 year old niece who I have sat and watched every (if not most) Disney/Pixar films I own and she has enjoyed each one (minus The Great Mouse Detective). I also introduced her to "Ponyo" and I know she loved that film- she has asked to watch it several times. I think in a world today full of cartoons that use fart and poop jokes for cheap laughs, that children can appreciate what Disney has done in the past both style and storytellng wise.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status