Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Peanuts Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Point Break 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Life of Pi 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.89
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.04
Green Lantern 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.82
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.69
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 AM   #1

Jul 2016
Novato, CA
Default Anyone know what happened to The Incredibles 3D re-release?

i watched Big Hero 6 3D blu-ray the other night and there was a brief preview of The Incredibles in 3D. that movie has so many scenes that would be phenomenal in 3D. it was supposed to be released a while ago but seems to have disappeared. was it shelved? maybe they're waiting to coincide with The Incredibles 2 theatrical release? (hope hope)
Old 02-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #2
Power Member

Jun 2014
-
-

I watched the incredibles just last week and thought it looked like it was already designed well for 3D. The 2D is still $$ and I would pay even more for 3D on it still
Old 02-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

There's been no news about it of any kind since it was first mentioned.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 02-15-2017, 01:30 AM   #4
Banned

Oct 2014
United states
Default Pixar will probably quietly release the rest of the 3D conversions of their films soo

Pixar will probably quietly release the rest of the 3D conversions of their films sooN probably when Pixar starts releasing 4K blurays.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #5

Jul 2016
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4autism View Post
Pixar will probably quietly release the rest of the 3D conversions of their films sooN probably when Pixar starts releasing 4K blurays.
i hope you're right! i hope that also means Ratatouille 3D for region A customers.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:58 AM   #6

Jul 2007
New Zealand

Wasn't there talk of it being released to coincide with the upcoming The Incredibles 2 film in 2018? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3606756/
Thanks given by:
the13thman (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 02:06 AM   #7
Banned

Oct 2014
United states

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpost View Post
i hope you're right! i hope that also means Ratatouille 3D for region A customers.
Well look at it logically from Disney point of view why sell their films in 3D when they can charge for a mega super ultimate edition and charge 60 dollars for a combo pack with 4K 3D DVD digital copy and bluray and include a couple of non valuable prop items
Old 02-15-2017, 03:00 AM   #8

Sep 2012

Quote:
Well look at it logically from Disney point of view why sell their films in 3D when they can charge for a mega super ultimate edition and charge 60 dollars for a combo pack with 4K 3D DVD digital copy and bluray and include a couple of non valuable prop items
Maybe when Disney starts releasing 4K...
Old 02-15-2017, 03:21 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Well... If we look at it even more "logical", Disney would love to just release it digitally. 2D, 3D, 4K, everything. Both sale and rental. They'd earn more this way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2017, 06:26 AM   #10
Special Member

Jul 2013

I'd love to see the remaining 3D Pixar movies get released on BD, but I'm concerned about uber-expensive 3D/4K bundles.

Sony bundles are $25-ish, but Disney/Pixar ones could run much higher than that.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #11
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Personally, I'm not sure why Disney's UHD Blu plans would have anything to do with the release of the remaining Pixar 3-D conversions. Nor do I see why they'd price themselves so far beyond the competition in the unlikely event they ever release a UHD/3D/BD combo.

Considering they haven't even bothered releasing Ratatouille 3-D in Region A, I take that as an indicator the conversions didn't sell as well as they expected and they now have little interest in releasing the remaining ones. If The Incredibles gets a sequel, perhaps they'll release the 3-D version of the first one as cross-promotion, but I'm not holding out any hope we'll ever get any of the others.

As far as Pixar UHD releases go, they'd need to render one of their films in 4K first before I'd be interested, personally. A high quality upconverting player will do nearly as good a job on animation as a studio upconvert, so there isn't really much advantage if Disney just takes the existing 2K masters and upconverts them. To date, I don't believe any computer animated film has been rendered at 4K, and render farms would need considerable upgrades before it could be done effectively.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
Considering they haven't even bothered releasing Ratatouille 3-D in Region A, I take that as an indicator the conversions didn't sell as well as they expected and they now have little interest in releasing the remaining ones. If The Incredibles gets a sequel, perhaps they'll release the 3-D version of the first one as cross-promotion, but I'm not holding out any hope we'll ever get any of the others.
If it doesn't come out when The Incredibles 2 comes out, it will probably never come out. After all, Disney and Pixar are evidently happy to make no money from their 3D versions of A Bug's Life and Wall-E...
3D is not dead. What's dead is my interest in any new 2D formats or display technology.
Thanks given by:
applemac (07-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #13

Nov 2011
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
After all, Disney and Pixar are evidently happy to make no money from their 3D versions of A Bug's Life and Wall-E...
Wow, I didn't even know those other two were even shown in 3D in theatres. That's sad. Disney are smug condescending jerks when it comes to 3D just like Vizio and the other tv manufacturers. If they don't smell money or think a product is too niche to make much money off of - they don't' care. They are all about mass market appeal and that's it.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #14

Dec 2016
Australia

If it does return to cinemas I'd guess X-Mas holiday period.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #15
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Wow, I didn't even know those other two were even shown in 3D in theatres. That's sad. Disney are smug condescending jerks when it comes to 3D just like Vizio and the other tv manufacturers. If they don't smell money or think a product is too niche to make much money off of - they don't' care. They are all about mass market appeal and that's it.
The real kicker is that A Bug's Life and Wall-E (and indeed The Incredibles) were never released theatrically in 3D.

It sounds unbelieveable, but Disney/Pixar paid for these to be re-rendered in 3D just to sit on them.

I'd use a stronger word than jerks... the w word for sure, maybe even the c word...
3D is not dead. What's dead is my interest in any new 2D formats or display technology.
Thanks given by:
applemac (07-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #16

Feb 2010
Lombard, Illinois

Never fear. I'm taking one for the team. Yesterday, I purchased the 2D Blu-ray versions of A Bug's Life, The Incredibles and Wall-E via Target's buy 2 get 1 free sale. I've been holding out for the 3D releases and previously had these films only on DVD. Therefore, I fully anticipate an announcement for their 3D releases shortly and their availability in the near future. D'oh!

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all.

No need to thank me. You're welcome.
Thanks given by:
Blastcage (02-21-2017), infiniteCR (02-15-2017), Smaugone (06-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
The real kicker is that A Bug's Life and Wall-E (and indeed The Incredibles) were never released theatrically in 3D.

It sounds unbelieveable, but Disney/Pixar paid for these to be re-rendered in 3D just to sit on them.

I'd use a stronger word than jerks... the w word for sure, maybe even the c word...
Think about why that might be. If they thought there was profit to be had in releasing 3D combo packs ALA Toy Story, etc, then they would have released them. I'm more annoyed that we didn't even get Ratatouille in the USA, when they released it overseas.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #18
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
Think about why that might be. If they thought there was profit to be had in releasing 3D combo packs ALA Toy Story, etc, then they would have released them. I'm more annoyed that we didn't even get Ratatouille in the USA, when they released it overseas.
Any good salesman will tell you that there's always profit to be had if you sell something right, or even just give people what they want.

All I can think is that there's a whole bunch of monumentally ignorant idiots working for Disney, the whole company must be infested with them.
Thanks given by:
DB5 (02-16-2017), gamermwm (02-18-2017), nycomet (02-15-2017), Ray O. Blu (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 02:58 AM   #19
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

I imagine that if enough 3D fans wrote in to Disney, that could possibly persuade the decision makers, the ones who are keeping this in the 3D vault. By enough, say 1,000 or more emails from 3D fans to get them to pay attention.

Here's the blu ray 3D form for Title Availability:
https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/contact-bddvd.html

Anyone who wants to see this on blu ray 3D, now is the time to consider taking 2 minutes or so to send your request to Disney.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #20

Nov 2007

I emailed Pixar yesterday to see if they could divulge any info about Incredibles in 3D but of course I don't ever expect to hear something useful (or at all, really). I'm still hoping it will at least get released in Europe as I have a region free hack in my Oppo BDP103 and just watched Ratatouille in 3D which was pretty awesome.

I would love to have Incredibles in 3D and still hoping they'll release it when Incredibles 2 gets closer to release, and holding off finally getting Incredibles on blu-ray at least until the sequel comes out (if not released by then, the 3D isn't likely to come out for a long time, if ever).
Thanks given by:
applemac (07-16-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies