Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: SpaceCamp $13.33 (48% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.63
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00
Jurassic Park Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18
Ocean Predators 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.46
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.49
The Lion of Judah 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.64
Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.55
Spiders 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-22-2017, 01:50 AM   #1

Jun 2016
South Dakota
Default Leap! 3D bluray

I see this came out in the United States this week. Thought about getting the 3D import to watch with the kids. It's region B but i have a RF player. Did anyone see it or care to comment on the 3D?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
infiniteCR (11-28-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiltzamania View Post
I see this came out in the United States this week. Thought about getting the 3D import to watch with the kids. It's region B but i have a RF player. Did anyone see it or care to comment on the 3D?
Avoid the Spanish version you have pictured, it has forced subtitles. The version you want is the German one as pictured below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Just watched Ballerina

As expected, the 3D was of the mild Disney variety, so no in-your-face pop outs though there was some spillage out of the screen here and there when I looked for it. Initially I wasn't that impressed but as it went on I did appreciate the volume and separation, with noticeable layering and some very welcome if tonally inappropriate Assassin's Creed-y rooftop action. Naturally I wouldn't have bothered with this in 2D and I agree with reviews bemoaning all the pop music on the soundtrack, but in 3D it's quite nice, if nothing special.

3D is not dead. What's dead is my interest in any new 2D formats or display technology.

Last edited by the13thman; 11-22-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Thanks given by:
bud_brigman (11-22-2017), infiniteCR (11-28-2017), Interdimensional (11-22-2017), kurosawa (11-22-2017), schiltzamania (11-22-2017), Zivouhr (11-28-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Thanks, I just ordered this version. Can't wait to see it and it has already dispatched.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

Nov 2014

Just noticed that my usual go to guy for Hong Kong imports has this up for sale.
for those that are limited to Zone A only, this would be the way to get the film in 3d.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ballerina-3...QAAOSw9mpaHDdU
Thanks given by:
vivablu (12-04-2017), Zivouhr (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #5
Power Member

Apr 2017
Washington state

For some reason this movie didn't peak my interest at all. Me and my wife don't have any kids but we'll go see these kid type movies and buy them in 3D if they were any good but this and a few other titles just seem to offer no interest unless you have something in common with the movie or have children. It was also promoted very poorly here in north america and as far as I can tell had no 3D screenings in the theaters. Was this indeed a good movie or are people after it just because it's a 3D title to add to the collection?
Old 11-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by reewinder View Post
For some reason this movie didn't peak my interest at all. Me and my wife don't have any kids but we'll go see these kid type movies and buy them in 3D if they were any good but this and a few other titles just seem to offer no interest unless you have something in common with the movie or have children. It was also promoted very poorly here in north america and as far as I can tell had no 3D screenings in the theaters. Was this indeed a good movie or are people after it just because it's a 3D title to add to the collection?
I buy every 3D movie that is released - if this had only been released only in 2D then I wouldn't even have watched it for free.
3D is not dead. What's dead is my interest in any new 2D formats or display technology.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by reewinder View Post
This was a well-made 3D movie that all my granddaughter's love!
It captures and demonstrates the intensive work and required dedication to personal physical sacrifice young dancers have to endure in participation to the art of the ballet.
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Thanks given by:
infiniteCR (11-28-2017), the13thman (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 10:34 PM   #8
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
I buy every 3D movie that is released - if this had only been released only in 2D then I wouldn't even have watched it for free.
All on Blu-ray, since the beginning, from all world's regions?
How many 3D BR titles do you own now, roughly, 3,000 plus?
~ Bob
You may not: Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Sites.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #9
Power Member

Jun 2014
-
-

I probably would have overlooked this one if not for you guys. Will keep it on my radar for my next batch.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
This was a well-made 3D movie that all my granddaughter's love!
It captures and demonstrates the intensive work and required dedication to personal physical sacrifice young dancers have to endure in participation to the art of the ballet.
That's cool. Thanks for the info.

How was the 3D version?
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 11-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #11
Expert Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiltzamania View Post

Like the13thman said, avoid the Spanish version they have forced subtitles, there's a region A release coming out in Hong Kong.

DDDHouse:
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...roductID=16357

Bad Panda Shop:
https://www.badpandashop.com/product...ation-aka-leap

YesAsia:
https://www.yesasia.com/us/ballerina...0-en/info.html

Play-Asia:
https://www.play-asia.com/ballerina-3d2d/13/70brcz
The Ant Bully needs a blu ray 3d release for home 3d viewing.
Please let warner brothers know that we want the blu ray 3d version: http://www.warnerbros.com/customer-service
We been without a 3d version of this movie for home viewing, this movie needs it.
Send a form to warner brothers, let them know that you want to see this on blu ray 3d.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post

How was the 3D version?
3D rendering has is a similar experience like most of Pixar 3D animation releases produce..
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 11-29-2017, 04:51 AM   #13
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Meaning well-made, very good.
~ Bob
You may not: Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Sites.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (11-29-2017), the13thman (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #14

Jun 2016
South Dakota

I ordered from Amazon.de guys. Thanks for the info!

Old 11-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #15
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
All on Blu-ray, since the beginning, from all world's regions? How many 3D BR titles do you own now, roughly, 3,000 plus?
Not from the very beginning, I was buying 3D movies and watching them at my brother's before I bought a 3D TV of my own, the best 3D plasma TV ever made. I now have an LG OLED as well but I actually prefer the plasma.

As for how many 3D blu rays I have, at last count it was well over 600 which includes every single English-friendly 3D movie ever released, except of course for German autoconversions as though I will buy anything in 3D, I won't pay any price for garbage. I am missing a few documentaries here and there too, those are mainly where the gaps are in my native 3D collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Meaning well-made, very good.
Yes, Ballerina's 3D is up to Pixar standards.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #16

May 2008

I believe this disc is region B locked. Please confirm once received. I ordered the regular blu which is also region B blocked from Amazon UK. (I have a region free player) I would hate for others to make the mistake of ordering and not having a region free player.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #17

Jun 2016
South Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
I believe this disc is region B locked. Please confirm once received. I ordered the regular blu which is also region B blocked from Amazon UK. (I have a region free player) I would hate for others to make the mistake of ordering and not having a region free player.
I will do. I'm also region free but i expect it to be B locked.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #18
Power Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
Yes, the German edition is Region B locked. If you want a Region A version you need to order the Hong Kong edition.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #19

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Received this morning. Can't wait to watch it.

Last edited by dartfrog298; 12-04-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:32 AM   #20

Jun 2016
South Dakota

So just to follow up i did receive my German copy and its definitely B locked. As mentioned earlier 3D is on par with Pixar releases. My daughter enjoyed it.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies