Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Peanuts Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Life of Pi 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.89
300: Rise of an Empire 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Green Lantern 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
ParaNorman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.77
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.04
Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.82
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 AM   #21
Special Member

Nov 2014

I'm still quite disappointed that the Panamint deal didn't pan out. I was happy with the revised cover-art and would've bought it over any competing version just for the Nat King Cole 3-D short.

I'd still like to see the Universal release be a big success. Or whoever it is released through.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:28 AM   #22

Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO
Default It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
IT's finally coming to 3-D Blu-ray!

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/it-came-from-outer-space

This promo pic suggests there WILL be pop-outs. Yes? I will wait for a review before ordering, at any rate.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:02 AM   #23
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

The classic 3D films more often than not, offered strong 3D pop outs. Though I've only seen the trailer in red/cyan 3D but there are strong pop outs, yes.

ItcamefromOS3Dpic.jpg
A boulder flies out of the screen from the cliff in the background:
The low res anaglyph 3D image 3D pop out above, from the It Came From Outer Space 3D trailer, will no doubt look much better in stereo 3D blu ray and represent the best picture quality for the 3D without the need for red/cyan.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:35 AM   #24

Jun 2011
Burbank, California

Heh heh heh. You guys.

You want pop-out? We got pop-out. Just you wait until you see the telescope early in Act One. Holy mackerel.

It Came From Outer Space is absolutely topnotch 3-D filmmaking. The story, the writing, the direction, the cast, the stereo cinematography, the music and sound all come together to create a superb motion picture that has really stood the test of time. And in Barbara Rush and Kathleen Hughes, we have two of the loveliest and most charming ladies ever to grace the 3-D screen, which is a great plus for me. The only real strike against the film is the rubber spider. But that's not the fault of the production team. (I'll let y'all go research that one elsewhere.)
Mike Ballew
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (07-27-2016), MercurySeven (07-27-2016), revgen (07-27-2016), Taygan315 (07-27-2016), the13thman (07-28-2016), Zivouhr (07-28-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #25

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA

What rubber spider? I thought that was from "Cat Women".(LOL)
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #26

Jul 2012
Pennsylvania

Totally awesome!
Old 07-28-2016, 05:45 AM   #27

Jan 2015

@ Robert Furmanek

Is the ICFOS disc going to have the Nat King Cole 3-D short that the Panamint Cinema disc was going to have whenever they were planning on releasing the film?
Old 07-28-2016, 06:01 AM   #28
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Hopefully it'll have a special 3D bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanut View Post
Heh heh heh. You guys.

You want pop-out? We got pop-out. Just you wait until you see the telescope early in Act One. Holy mackerel.

It Came From Outer Space is absolutely topnotch 3-D filmmaking. The story, the writing, the direction, the cast, the stereo cinematography, the music and sound all come together to create a superb motion picture that has really stood the test of time. And in Barbara Rush and Kathleen Hughes, we have two of the loveliest and most charming ladies ever to grace the 3-D screen, which is a great plus for me. The only real strike against the film is the rubber spider. But that's not the fault of the production team. (I'll let y'all go research that one elsewhere.)
Sounds good, thanks Mike.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #29
Special Member

Jun 2012

No, the short will not be included on this release but we don't give up easily. Hopefully, it can find its way onto another 3-D Blu-ray very soon!
Thanks given by:
jimqk (07-28-2016), Movieman66 (07-28-2016), NoirFan (07-28-2016), revgen (07-28-2016), Taygan315 (07-30-2016), the13thman (07-29-2016), Zivouhr (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #30
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Thanks Bob. The movie is the main draw for the 3D, though any extras and 3D extras are always welcome.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #31
Expert Member

Jul 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
No, the short will not be included on this release but we don't give up easily. Hopefully, it can find its way onto another 3-D Blu-ray very soon!
Hmmmm...I sense early rumblings of "3D Rarities 2: The Sequel"!

Old 07-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #32

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA
Default Telescope

Quote:
Heh heh heh. You guys.

That telescope! I remember as a 9 year old in the Summer of 1953 seeing ICFOS as my first 3D movie and ducking when that happened. A scare I remember the feeling of to this day!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-29-2016), jimqk (07-28-2016), Mordhechai (09-05-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 PM   #33

Jul 2012
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Warren Scollan View Post
That telescope! I remember as a 9 year old in the Summer of 1953 seeing ICFOS as my first 3D movie and ducking when that happened. A scare I remember the feeling of to this day!!!!!!!!
Do you remember whether the theater you saw it at was equipped for stereo sound?
Old 07-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #34
Expert Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Looking at old newspaper ads, it played with It Came From Outer Space only. No big deal as seeing ICFOS in 3D, full screen 1.37, and stereo sound will be great!
Cinerama web site:
http://incinerama.com
Old 07-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #35

Jun 2011
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Warren Scollan View Post
That's a terrific memory, Warren! I would love to hear more about your recollections from those days, if you'd care to share. I imagine it was a remarkable time to be a moviegoer.
Mike Ballew
Old 07-30-2016, 12:07 AM   #36

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA
Default ICFOS Memories

Quote:
That's a terrific memory, Warren! I would love to hear more about your recollections from those days, if you'd care to share. I imagine it was a remarkable time to be a moviegoer.
You're right, Bavanut, remarkable. ICFOS was playing at the old Alhambra Theater in Sacramento, CA (look that one up). I definitely remember the Nat King Cole musical short that was with it.

Because I had childhood problems with a lazy eye, at my optometrists recommendation, my Mother forced my Sisters to take me to several 3D features, a happenstance I will always treasure. I got to see in their original dual strip issues during the early '50's the following:

It Came from Outer Space
Fort Ti
Sangaree
Inferno
Gun Fury
Dangerous Mission
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The French Line (accompanied by Mom,(LOL))
Dial 'M' for Murder
Revenge of the Creature

"ICFOS" and "Inferno" were my favorites then. "Dial 'M'" is now (Grace Kelly. pant, pant). My Sisters refused to take me with them to see "House of Wax", and act for which it took me 50 years to forgive them when it finally came out on 3D Blu-ray. I feel so privileged to have had to those early childhood experiences and it explains why I'm such a rabid classic 3D fan.

The other great popout in ICFOS is when Charles Drake's character (the sheriff) reaches for his holstered service revolver hanging on the wall!!!!
Not as scary, but just as surprising and effective.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-30-2016), BleedOrange11 (07-30-2016), Interdimensional (07-30-2016), MercurySeven (07-30-2016), Zivouhr (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 12:21 AM   #37

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA
Default IFOS Sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimqk View Post
Do you remember whether the theater you saw it at was equipped for stereo sound?
I don't really remember, but I doubt it. The old Alhambra Theater had some serious issues with getting sound at all! Like many older theaters originally designed for vaudeville and silent films, the acoustics were horrible and were never completely solved.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-30-2016), jimqk (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 12:29 AM   #38
Special Member

Nov 2014

Cool story Warren. There've been a few stories of people overcoming steroblindness after viewing modern 3-D movies like Hugo and Avatar. Did it help your lazy eye?

Aside from that, how did you find dual projection? Did you experience any technical malfunctions or eye strain during any of those screenings?
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 02:08 AM   #39
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

I heard covering the regular eye and using the slower eye could possibly give it more strength, but also certain eyeglasses can help also in the early stage. I can imagine watching strong 3D could help also, as it gives the eyes a work out and strengthens the eye muscles.

Looking at the poster art, the poster shows a good number of pop outs.
http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/it-came-from-outer-space

There's an awesome 3D version of that ICFOS poster. That would be cool to see it included in the extras.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:56 AM   #40

Mar 2015
Seattle, WA
Default Helpinn the eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post
Cool story Warren. There've been a few stories of people overcoming steroblindness after viewing modern 3-D movies like Hugo and Avatar. Did it help your lazy eye?

Aside from that, how did you find dual projection? Did you experience any technical malfunctions or eye strain during any of those screenings?
It may have helped my eye, along with an extensive collection of 3D comic books from the same period. Plus, literally hundreds of Sawyer View Master reels. But the best help was from years of weekly eye exercise and training in my optometrist's office. Sorry, folks, I sold off the comics and reels in the early '80's at a garage sale! Who could have known then?

I guess we were lucky in my home town. I have no memory whatsoever of having any problems. As I saw most all those features at the Alhambra, they must have had a really competent projectionist.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-31-2016), Interdimensional (07-31-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies