Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.63
7 hrs ago
Black Panther 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99
10 hrs ago
Psycho Biddy Double Feature: Strait-Jacket / Berserk! (Blu-ray)
$8.39

Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08
11 hrs ago
Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Jurassic World (Blu-ray)
$7.88

The Incredibles 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.85

Nightwing / Shadow of the Hawk (Blu-ray)
$8.79

Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

I Am Legend 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom Movie Trivia, Facts and Info. Discussion

I've always been interested in trivia from behind the scenes of some of my favourite movies, and thought that this thread could maybe be a discussion relating to humorous, interesting or engaging stories from behind some of the world's greatest films.

To start, mine would be that, in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, all of Heath Ledger's lines in the finished film were recorded live on set because he died before he could record them again in post-production.

So, come on, what are the interesting little things you know about the production of certain films?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

I know that's not true, since all footage with Imax cameras required ADR.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
I know that's not true, since all footage with Imax cameras required ADR.
After further research, you may be right - the rumour was supposedly spread by an article brought out straight after Ledger's death written by Ted Casablanca, which claimed he had done no ADR on the film (the article has been taken down now, so I cannot quote exactly from him). This other article mentions that, but has no new significant information regarding the subject. I cannot find any later articles about it.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2008/01/27/did-heath-ledge/

I do know that it wouldn't be impossible because the IMAX cameras were only utilised in the action scenes, where little to no dialogue occurred, because the noise of them working means that all speech is muffled.

In this article, Nolan mentions that he usually does ADR with characters as the filming goes along, and that he's also not a huge fan of it: I think the truth probably lies somewhere in between, where Heath Ledger had died before post-production is generally done on ADR, but he had completed it as he went along, and his lines on set were good enough for some scenes.

http://www.buzzinefilm.com/interview...nolan-07192012
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Did you know in Die Hard the scene where mcclane falls down a shaft was really a mistake by the stuntman he was supposed to grab the first vent but missed it but it was left in the movie
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Did you know in Die Hard the scene where mcclane falls down a shaft was really a mistake by the stuntman he was supposed to grab the first vent but missed it but it was left in the movie
I did not know that. Things like this are entertaining because you imagine that every aspect of a film's production would be planned and executed flawlessly, but film-makers frequently leave scenes that have gone wrong in films. Another example of this is in Requiem for a Dream. When Ellen Burstyn is delivering her heartfelt speech, Matthew Libatique, the camera operator at that point, began to cry and, as he does, the camera jerks off her for a moment. Aronofsky decided to leave it in because he thought it added to the tone and emotion of the scene, and paid testament to Burstyn's acting talents.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarymatt92 View Post
I did not know that. Things like this are entertaining because you imagine that every aspect of a film's production would be planned and executed flawlessly, but film-makers frequently leave scenes that have gone wrong in films. Another example of this is in Requiem for a Dream. When Ellen Burstyn is delivering her heartfelt speech, Matthew Libatique, the camera operator at that point, began to cry and, as he does, the camera jerks off her for a moment. Aronofsky decided to leave it in because he thought it added to the tone and emotion of the scene, and paid testament to Burstyn's acting talents.
I did not know that
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
facts, nolan, the dark knight, trivia