COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Uta no Prince-sama 2000%: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Hawaii Five-0: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
$23.24
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #121
Power Member

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicky_J View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
I got mine from there. It's one of the few places where you can actually get it. Titles from Media Blasters often have spotty distrbution.
I got my copy from Red Tag Market as well.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #122

Aug 2009
DDR 2.0 (BRD)
Send a message via ICQ to Sheriff Hobbes

This is weird. I just bought this BD from Amazon UK and the cover says "Tokyo Shock" as the studio. So it must be this edition:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Riki-O...Blu-ray/25626/

But it has no release date and I can't post a review. The Canadian version is marked released, but it has a different studio.

Yes, the picture is like a DVD, nothing more. Anyway, I never had a DVD version of this film, so it wasn't a total waste of money.
"Men have a better time than women;
for one thing, they marry later;
for another thing, they die earlier."

H. L. Mencken
Old 07-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #123
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Hobbes View Post
This is weird. I just bought this BD from Amazon UK and the cover says "Tokyo Shock" as the studio. So it must be this edition:

But it has no release date and I can't post a review. The Canadian version is marked released, but it has a different studio.

Yes, the picture is like a DVD, nothing more. Anyway, I never had a DVD version of this film, so it wasn't a total waste of money.
For whatever reason, it never appeared for sale at Amazon, which is why it has no release day or the ability to review.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #124
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Hey everybody GREAT NEWS! Amazon.com now has a delivery date for my Riki Oh blu ray! (order placed on june 27, 2011)

January 5, 2015!!! Not 1, not 2, not 3, but almost 4 years after the original order was placed! Either someone at amazon is playing an in-joke on Media Blasters' reputation with consumers...or they just REALLY don't trust the studio. Anyways...I just thought that was too funny not to share.

Btw, if I don't own the dvd anyways...would anyone recommend the upconverted blu ray, or is there really no point? I was thinking of finally just ordering it somewhere else...

Last edited by reece; 01-01-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #125
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece View Post
Hey everybody GREAT NEWS! Amazon.com now has a delivery date for my Riki Oh blu ray! (order placed on june 27, 2011)

January 5, 2015!!! Not 1, not 2, not 3, but almost 4 years after the original order was placed! Either someone at amazon is playing an in-joke on Media Blasters' reputation with consumers...or they just REALLY don't trust the studio. Anyways...I just thought that was too funny not to share.

Btw, if I don't own the dvd anyways...would anyone recommend the upconverted blu ray, or is there really no point? I was thinking of finally just ordering it somewhere else...
I didn't own the DVD, so I went ahead and ordered the BD. if you already have the DVD, it probably wouldn't be worth the extra expense to do the "upgrade".
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #126
Power Member

Aug 2010
Brazil

I ordered it off eBay. It looks and sounds OK.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #127
Expert Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece View Post
The Blu-ray may still be be an SD upscaled piece of sh*t, but it's still lesser of two evils. If you only own the old R1 DVD (non-anamorphic), I'd say it's worth upgrading to the Media Blasters BD if you really love the flick, and don't want to bother importing the Hong Kong Legends DVD (which still has the best extras).

If you already have the HKL UK DVD/Fortune Star "Remastered" DVD, I'd honestly say don't bother. Yes, the Blu-ray is better, but not by enough to justify throwing away your cash on it.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #128
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Thanks for the detailed response. Looks like I'll be ordering the BD from amazon uk. Believe it or not...I have never seen this movie
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #129

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentai View Post
If you already have the HKL UK DVD/Fortune Star "Remastered" DVD, I'd honestly say don't bother. Yes, the Blu-ray is better, but not by enough to justify throwing away your cash on it.
the marginal differnce in PQ plus supporting a crappy disc from Media blasters means i may actually go with the HK DVD so i can get the extras.
i really love the film, but i don't want to get a marginal blu that's barely more than an upconvert with no extras, especially for more than $10.
i'm the same with the Lone Wolf and Cub blurays. i'm weaiting them out hoping for a decent bluray release (maybe form Eureka?). Granted that is slightly differnt as i already have all of those films on dvd.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #130
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

This is back up for pre order, for 2015
Old 03-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #131

Jan 2012

I prefer the alternate title "The King of Power", which is what the Chinese title means when translated. That's what it was known as when it played at the cinemas. "The Story of Ricky" sounds meh.

This must be one of the most cartoonish and violent low-budget kungfu movies I've ever seen.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #132
Special Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
This is back up for pre order, for 2015
I could've sworn I already saw the blu at a convention (Otakon or MAGFest... or both ), so I don't get it. Seriously, unless Tokyo Shock/Media Blasters obtained a legit HD master (which I HIGHLY doubt), there's no point.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #133
Expert Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPangYau View Post
I could've sworn I already saw the blu at a convention (Otakon or MAGFest... or both ), so I don't get it. Seriously, unless Tokyo Shock/Media Blasters obtained a legit HD master (which I HIGHLY doubt), there's no point.
I bought it a year ago, not sure what's up with amazon's listing

http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/R...Y-631595111989
Release wishlist: Brain Damage Sisters Deadfall (1993) Vampire's Kiss The Hidden Don't Look Now Man Bites Dog The Brood The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover Something Wicked This Way Comes Don't Torture a Duckling Black Belly of the Tarantula
Old 03-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #134

Mar 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Wow. I got this off of Amazon.ca when it first came out.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #135

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPangYau View Post

you did, i got mine a year ago at the mtac convention where media blasters had their booth set up
Old 03-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #136

Mar 2014

So surprised this morning to see the news of preorder of The story of Ricky...
More surprised to see the initial preorder was happened 4 years ago...

I've seen another version of this film. Once violent scene happens the picture would turn red... just like covered a red lighting gel...especially the last scene, you hardly see any details cause everything's red...

This film has been broadcasted by my hometown's TV station (original version, not the red version) when I was 10...
Old 03-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #137
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Loma Linda, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Hobbes View Post

I was wondering too cos I bought it a week ago but when I checked bluray.com its still a pre-order
Old 05-31-2014, 09:17 AM   #138

Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthefrank View Post
I bought it a year ago, not sure what's up with amazon's listing

http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/R...Y-631595111989
lmao "Available Dec 31, 2025. Pre-Order now!"
"This machine kills Fascists."
Old 06-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #139
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, FL

I don't know that the f**k I just saw, but I liked it a lot. This movie is insane.
"I just whooped your ass."
- Austin 3:16

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Star Wars 12) Jaws 13) Shaun of the Dead 14) Singin' in the Rain 15) Taxi Driver
Thanks given by:
jmb1381 (06-30-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America