COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Uta no Prince-sama 2000%: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Hawaii Five-0: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
$23.24
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #421
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Ummm.... There are no "fixed discs". The same issue exists on all versions of the disc. Theyve basically said deal with it.
Again, the issue is with the chipsets of certain BD players, NOT THE DISC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #422
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Special Member
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
172
116
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Agreed. Most people use bitstreaming I believe. We shouldn't have to change it to PCM just because Sony doesn't know what they're doing.
I would bet serious money most people use PCM on TV speakers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:31 AM   #423
MrHT MrHT is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrHT's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
159
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Or get a BD player with a good chipset.
From the looks of this thread, it seems as though 90% of players have an issue with this disc. So, we should be lucky that we have a player with a "good chipset" because it seems as though most people here have this audio problem.
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #424
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
From the looks of this thread, it seems as though 90% of players have an issue with this disc. So, we should be lucky that we have a player with a "good chipset" because it seems as though most people here have this audio problem.

The majority of this thread has been people talking about their sound issues so the stats are more than a bit skewed. 90% of Blu-ray.com isn't posting here. I have a hard time believing nobody plays movies on their PS3s anymore and that everyone bitstreams...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #425
fdm fdm is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
fdm's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Way Out West
-
2
1
Default

Na, it's the disc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #426
wormraper wormraper is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona
2619
296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
The majority of this thread has been people talking about their sound issues so the stats are more than a bit skewed. 90% of Blu-ray.com isn't posting here. I have a hard time believing nobody plays movies on their PS3s anymore and that everyone bitstreams...
lol, there are DOZENS of blu-ray players out there that have this issue... I have 3 of them (some only created in the last 12 months) and they ALL have the dropouts.... and about bitstreaming... basically just about anyone who has a DTS-HD MA /Dolby TrueHD capable receiver bitstreams.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #427
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
lol, there are DOZENS of blu-ray players out there that have this issue... I have 3 of them (some only created in the last 12 months) and they ALL have the dropouts.... and about bitstreaming... basically just about anyone who has a DTS-HD MA /Dolby TrueHD capable receiver bitstreams.
Dozens BD players all use MediaTek decoder chipsets. You have multiple player lines in a single model year all using the same decoder.


If it wasn't, all BD players would have a bitstreaming issue. In-player decoding would not work either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #428
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
1
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Dozens BD players all use MediaTek decoder chipsets. You have multiple player lines in a single model year all using the same decoder.


If it wasn't, all BD players would have a bitstreaming issue. In-player decoding would not work either.
It's still the disc, then.

1) Sony should've tested the disc on a wide variety of platforms.

2) This disc won't play properly on Sony BD players.
My good friend rickah88 is back!!!

Please read at least the last 20 posts before posting.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
fdm (09-01-2014)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 AM.