Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Home (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$75.77
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Special Effects Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mrs. Doubtfire (Blu-ray)
$5.00
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #461
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
I did say it.

I had to dumb it down to 4th grade apparently.

That's why I failed Journalism. I couldn't figure out how to write down to 6th grade.
Right...your initial post was nigh incomprehensible.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #462
Power Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
and this relates to complaining to netflix how???? on topic cat smacks your paws
Like Netflix has any weight on a Lionsgate decision.

What about Lionsgate rentals at Redbox*, Blockbuster and Family Video?

*Any Redbox have BD?
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
Old 04-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #463
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
*Any Redbox have BD?
http://www.redbox.com/
Old 04-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #464
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
the point is to make it so undesirable for Netflix to have to deal with this that they put the screws to Lionsgate. Lionsgate will pump these out as long as their distributors don't complain. get the people who pay Lionsgate directly to baulk and they take notice. basically creating multiple points of attack against lionsgate. They now get complaints from consumers AND the retailers. you want a cascade set of events that sets off as many people against lionsgate's practice as possible.
And if I were Lionsgate, I'd say: "You are in luck, wormraper - we already offer the audio content you are looking for in our retail Blu-rays which are widely available for purchase from national retailers."

I think some folks miss the point here. If you want the "premium" experience, you have to pay for it. If you just want a $2 rental, you'll get $2 worth of rental and take whatever audio they give you.

As others have pointed out, the amount of households that can even play the advanced codecs is tiny compared to those who cannot, this is a non-issue because it only affects the subset of folks who do care, and the solution is already available (go buy it then).

This is nothing more than "I don't want to pay, so cater to me, the minority who is both cheap and demanding".
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Thanks given by:
WhySoBlu? (04-06-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #465
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
And if I were Lionsgate, I'd say: "You are in luck, wormraper - we already offer the audio content you are looking for in our retail Blu-rays which are widely available for purchase from national retailers."

I think some folks miss the point here. If you want the "premium" experience, you have to pay for it. If you just want a $2 rental, you'll get $2 worth of rental and take whatever audio they give you.

As others have pointed out, the amount of households that can even play the advanced codecs is tiny compared to those who cannot, this is a non-issue because it only affects the subset of folks who do care, and the solution is already available (go buy it then).

This is nothing more than "I don't want to pay, so cater to me, the minority who is both cheap and demanding".

a rental should get the EXACT same thing as retail, just paying a smaller amount for a smaller window of ownership.

I don't go rent a car from a rental place and have them cap the speed at 50 mph... I get the same thing as purchasing it, I just am paying for a weekend trip.

I honestly don't get the ownership snobs sneering at renters at being "cheap". no other industry thinks that way. we don't think people are cheap to rent a car, or rent a tool from home depot if they know they won't get constant use out of it, but the film and anime collectors get rabid about renters not "supporting the industry" for some stupid reason

Last edited by wormraper; 04-06-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Thanks given by:
HD Goofnut (04-06-2015), kidglov3s (04-07-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #466

Sep 2014
They're gonna give daddy the Rain Man suite, do ya dig that? Vegas, Baby! Vegas!

Quote:
a rental should get the EXACT same thing as retail, just paying a smaller amount for a smaller window of ownership.

I don't go rent a car from a rental place and have them cap the speed at 50 mph... I get the same thing as purchasing it, I just am paying for a weekend trip.

I honestly don't get the ownership snobs sneering at renters at being "cheap". no other industry thinks that way. we don't think people are cheap to rent a car, or rent a tool from home depot if they know they won't get constant use out of it, but the film and anime collectors get rabid about renters not "supporting the industry" for some stupid reason
Not to speak for others, but I think the accusations of being cheap have less to do with renting, and more to do with only being willing to rent from the cheapest options available. It's hard to demand the best if you're only willing to pay bottom-dollar prices. To use your analogy, it would be like a customer who wants to pay $15 a day for a rental car demanding that he get a fully-loaded Caddy or Mercedes.

This site rents full retail BDs, including 3D BDs. The catch is you have to pay more to rent them. I wonder how many of you who are complaining about this will start renting from them...

Last edited by WhySoBlu?; 04-06-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:01 AM   #467
Power Member

Sep 2013

Quote:

Apparently you aren't aware...

Ford, GM, VW, Honda, Toyota, Dodge...etc, etc, all build the same(within their own brand) "nobody would option the car that way" cars for rental.

LG, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba...etc, etc all have "rental company" specific model numbers.
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America