Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Krampus (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (Blu-ray)
$21.49
Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Phantasm: RaVager (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Johnny Guitar (Blu-ray)
$16.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #341
Special Member

Oct 2015
Ontario, Canada

I just watched "Cricket on the Hearth" earlier today. It was awful, lol. No wonder I've never heard of it. I do give it a 2/10 because a couple of tunes are okay, plus the singing cat for which I think the scene doesn't have much to do with the story. I'm not sure - I teetered off a few times from boredom.
Some of My Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy / Law & Order / Three's Company / Columbo / M*A*S*H / Get Smart / The Andy Griffith Show / Trailer Park Boys / The X-Files / South Park / Seinfeld / The Brady Bunch / Little Britain U.S.A. / Sanford and Son / Robot Chicken / The Carol Burnett Show / Kolchak: The Night Stalker / The Waltons / Whose Line Is It Anyway? / SCTV / The Hilarious House of Frightenstein / Don Kirshner's Rock Concert / Archer / The Dick Van Dyke Show
Old 12-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #342

Aug 2008
Ontario, Canada

I still hadn't received any notification of a replacement copy being sent, so I called them back today. They still had my ticket information but it never progressed to the replacement stage. The lady who took my call was very nice and acknowledged that replacements had already started going out but she wasn't sure why mine wasn't included. She verified my address and said she would have the replacement sent today so I will hopefully get it before Christmas, but I doubt that since it has to cross the border.

Just a heads up to anyone else who called but hasn't been notified yet. You may need to call them back.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #343
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Pennsylvania

it's also really annoying that Frosty Returns is affected as well. It's not as intrusive as Santa but still....
Blu-Ray Wishlist
A Smoky Mountain Christmas, Foul Play, Panic Room, What Lies Beneath, Black X-Mas (2006), The Witches, Lost Highway, One Magic Christmas, Prancer, Mommie Dearest, Red Eye, Bewitched (TV Series)
Thanks given by:
Nailwraps (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 02:10 AM   #344
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmj1993 View Post
it's also really annoying that Frosty Returns is affected as well. It's not as intrusive as Santa but still....
I'd still like to know if that issue I described a few posts ago with The Little Drummer Boy is an authoring/encoding error that should have been corrected. I know it's a poor transfer anyways, but it doesn't need to look any worse by having the blacks and pillarboxes change colors.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:27 AM   #345
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I'd still like to know if that issue I described a few posts ago with The Little Drummer Boy is an authoring/encoding error that should have been corrected. I know it's a poor transfer anyways, but it doesn't need to look any worse by having the blacks and pillarboxes change colors.
Hmmm I'll have to check it out for myself. If it is an error QC on this set must have been 0!
Blu-Ray Wishlist
A Smoky Mountain Christmas, Foul Play, Panic Room, What Lies Beneath, Black X-Mas (2006), The Witches, Lost Highway, One Magic Christmas, Prancer, Mommie Dearest, Red Eye, Bewitched (TV Series)
Thanks given by:
mar3o (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 03:10 AM   #346
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter02 View Post
I still hadn't received any notification of a replacement copy being sent, so I called them back today. They still had my ticket information but it never progressed to the replacement stage. The lady who took my call was very nice and acknowledged that replacements had already started going out but she wasn't sure why mine wasn't included. She verified my address and said she would have the replacement sent today so I will hopefully get it before Christmas, but I doubt that since it has to cross the border.

Just a heads up to anyone else who called but hasn't been notified yet. You may need to call them back.
I called about 2 weeks ago and they shipped mine out the next day, even though she told time it would be about a week.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:27 AM   #347

Jul 2013

Quote:
I'd still like to know if that issue I described a few posts ago with The Little Drummer Boy is an authoring/encoding error that should have been corrected. I know it's a poor transfer anyways, but it doesn't need to look any worse by having the blacks and pillar boxes change colors.
My copy has exactly the same problems you described, including that faint box. You guys weren't kidding about the overall quality of it either, it looks awful. I'm glad I only bought this for Rudolph and Frosty, and I don't care about "Fame and Fortune".

That red and green shift is an odd problem, and reminds me of the first time I tried to connect a DVD player using a VCR to pass through the RCA cables. Not the best idea, but it was the mid '90s, The TV only had one input, and I didn't know better.

Edit: Here's come captures of what mar3o described.

Last edited by pigmanjoe; 12-18-2015 at 03:45 AM.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (12-20-2015), mar3o (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 04:08 AM   #348
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
USA

My replacement discs have shipped.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:09 AM   #349
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmanjoe View Post
My copy has exactly the same problems you described, including that faint box. You guys weren't kidding about the overall quality of it either, it looks awful. I'm glad I only bought this for Rudolph and Frosty, and I don't care about "Fame and Fortune".

That red and green shift is an odd problem, and reminds me of the first time I tried to connect a DVD player using a VCR to pass through the RCA cables. Not the best idea, but it was the mid '90s, The TV only had one input, and I didn't know better.

Edit: Here's come captures of what mar3o described.

Thanks for posting a couple screenshots to give people an idea. It actually looks worse when you're watching it. I have no idea what went wrong there, but it's really odd. I'd wondering if it actually looks better on DVD. There may be a slight bit less detail, but it shouldn't have those color issues. Now I'm going to have to see which DVD it's on in my collection and compare.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:24 AM   #350

Jul 2013

Quote:
It actually looks worse when you're watching it.
That's a good point. My computer monitor is calibrated dark and high contrast (both for web browsing and to closely match my printer), and the green tinted shot almost looks normal. On my tv, the scene is a green mess with that square thrown in for good measure.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #351

Jan 2008

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out if my set is affected by and eligible for the recall. When I match the description and UPC with those from this site, the matching Blu-ray is the following:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Or...Blu-ray/13391/

Interestingly, the description from that link says it contains 3 Blu-rays and a CD while mine only came with two Blu-rays. Also, the following unboxing link contains the same UPC code and also contains only 2 Blu-rays like my set.

At this point, I don't know which version of this set I have and if it is affected by the recall.

Any help or clarity here is appreciated.
Panasonic 65VT50 | Mitsubishi HC4900 Projector | 120" Projection Screen | OPPO BDP-103D x 2 | Emotiva UMC-1 | Denon AVR-S900W | Emotiva XPA-5 | Mirage OMD-15,OMD-C1,OMD-5 | Rythmik D15SE x 2
Old 12-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #352

Aug 2008
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out if my set is affected by and eligible for the recall. When I match the description and UPC with those from this site, the matching Blu-ray is the following:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Or...Blu-ray/13391/

Interestingly, the description from that link says it contains 3 Blu-rays and a CD while mine only came with two Blu-rays. Also, the following unboxing link contains the same UPC code and also contains only 2 Blu-rays like my set.

At this point, I don't know which version of this set I have and if it is affected by the recall.

Any help or clarity here is appreciated.
You actually have this set:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Or...Blu-ray/59129/

It should not be affected. The affected sets were new this year because they contain new special features.

If you're worried about it, though, why don't you just put in your disc and check if the fade-outs are there?
Old 12-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #353

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter02 View Post
You actually have this set:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Or...Blu-ray/59129/

It should not be affected. The affected sets were new this year because they contain new special features.

If you're worried about it, though, why don't you just put in your disc and check if the fade-outs are there?
Hi Grifter, that isn't the set I have as mine only contains the 4 movies. Also, the UPC on the back doesn't match up. Mine matches the other link I posted. If you check that video, his set matches mine exactly (2 discs only, 4 movies and the same UPC). It's almost like there were two releases of this Blu-ray with the same UPC.

I'm going to follow your advice and check it out to make sure.
Panasonic 65VT50 | Mitsubishi HC4900 Projector | 120" Projection Screen | OPPO BDP-103D x 2 | Emotiva UMC-1 | Denon AVR-S900W | Emotiva XPA-5 | Mirage OMD-15,OMD-C1,OMD-5 | Rythmik D15SE x 2
Old 12-21-2015, 04:45 AM   #354

Aug 2008
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Hi Grifter, that isn't the set I have as mine only contains the 4 movies. Also, the UPC on the back doesn't match up. Mine matches the other link I posted. If you check that video, his set matches mine exactly (2 discs only, 4 movies and the same UPC). It's almost like there were two releases of this Blu-ray with the same UPC.

I'm going to follow your advice and check it out to make sure.
Strange. I guess yours is not on this site, then. I wonder why they re-used a UPC with a different configuration.

Regardless, this problem should only affect the 2015 release.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #355

Jun 2012
Ohio

Just found out about this. Definitely gonna have to check my set soon.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:52 AM   #356
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
USA

Well, my replacement disc arrive today.

The bad news however, I asked for replacement discs for Santa Claus is Comin' To Town 45th AE for both formats and instead they gave me disc 1 of The Original Classics Anniversary Edition for both formats instead. Anyone else had this problem? What should I do? I mean, I plan to call them next week, but the right thing to do is send the wrong copies back?
Old 12-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #357
Special Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Unhappy

Every year, I think about buying these old specials to revisit during the Holidays.

Every year I come into this thread and read about all the cock-ups with the current versions.

And so every year I pass, my childhood memories growing dimmer, as I wait in vain for a proper release. They reissue these damned things every year, so they gotta get it right eventually, right?

RIGHT???
Casual Funko Pop collector. Check out my Collection! Here is my Want List.

Have to trade: SS Joker (Boxer) (Target), Captain America (75th w/ Photon Shield) (Kohl's). Want: Civil War Falcon (HT), BvS Aquaman (Ocean / Blue) (HT).
Thanks given by:
JaseT (12-24-2015)
Old 12-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #358
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
USA

Well, the good news is that Classic Media is owned by DreamWorks now.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #359
Special Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Well, the good news is that Classic Media is owned by DreamWorks now.
Hopefully DreamWorks will announce 3-D remakes. It may be the only thing that provides the impetus to get really good versions of the originals released.
Casual Funko Pop collector. Check out my Collection! Here is my Want List.

Have to trade: SS Joker (Boxer) (Target), Captain America (75th w/ Photon Shield) (Kohl's). Want: Civil War Falcon (HT), BvS Aquaman (Ocean / Blue) (HT).
Old 12-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #360

Jul 2012

My replacement disc arrive today.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America