COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Nativity (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$22.98
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Giver (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
That's the Way of the World (Blu-ray)
$16.07
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #21

Sep 2009

It is the regular 2D disc rented from Netflix.

I also had a loud clicking sound coming from the drive that is why the Panasonic it is going for a replacement.

Too bad the Xbox 360 doesn't play Blu-Ray as I would had a third device to test the disc on.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
Special Member

Apr 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by squijee View Post
Hey i search online really quick but didn't find an answer does this player play mp4 and m2ts from a usb drive? I found that it does mkv but wasnt sure about mp4 and m2ts
so you have verified it will play mkv from a USB drvie?
"A smart man knows his limits
A great man knows he has none"---Court Dog
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Had an issue loading Hugo 2D disc the other night... took some fighting but actually got it to go to the menu and the movie played fine but starting it up it kept kicking itself out or back to the Home screen.... First issue I've ever experienced with ANY blu-ray disc or player since I've owned blu-ray way back in 2006.
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
My Flickr
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #24

Mar 2012

Hi

I have one of these players hooked up to an analog 4x3 television via regular rca video out, and strangely some widescreen movies play letterboxed and some don't (for the record I'm looking for original aspect ratios here). It's fairly bizarre to me and starting to get frustrating. It doesn't help that the manual is very brief. Today, I'm trying to watch the Criterion blu of Days of Heaven, which is clearly 1.78 according to the cover (imdb says 1.85...) and I'm seeing no black bars. Boo.

In the player settings, I have 4:3 Letterbox selected. If I play with "Screen Aspect" in the pop up menu while playing a disc, it seems to have no effect. Latest firmware. Am I missing something obvious, or is this player just dumb when it comes to 4x3 output? Or I suppose, are they subtly encouraging me to upgrade my television (which I will eventually, just am not quite ready yet).
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #25

Mar 2012
Intersection of Old US 61 and Old US 49
Unhappy OT - But Can't Create New Thread Yet As New Member

Bose Cinemate remote vs Panasonic BR Player

Have 3 sources: HDMI1, HDMI2 & TV.

Have Bose Cinemates; to get their remote to work with HDMI2, I have to switch to one of the other two sources, press the appropriate Bose remote button, then switch back to HDMI2.

HDMI1=LG
HDMI2=Panasonic
Digital=Panny TC-P55GT30 | DMP-BDT310 | TY-EW3DELU | LG 42LK520 | BD590
Bose Cinemate Series ll | AudioQuest Chocolate

Analog=MAC 1900 | Marantz Models 24, 26, 2010 & 2215b | Klipsch Heresy l's | KLH Model 15 | B&O TX2 | Nakamichi CR-1A | NAD 6130 | Dared MP-6 | B&W P5 | AKG K271 MKII | HiFiMan HE-300 | Kimber Kable PBJ

Protection=Panamax M4300-PM
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #26

Mar 2012
Intersection of Old US 61 and Old US 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgforeman View Post
Just bought a Panasonic BDT 210 player and saw extension for free Avatar disk. Where can i find the form to fill out to send in for this free offer.
Mine was in the pack with the User's Manual. Purchased 03-01-12.

RETURN FORM MUST BE POSTMARKED BEFORE 04-01-12 OR IT WILL EXPIRE!
Digital=Panny TC-P55GT30 | DMP-BDT310 | TY-EW3DELU | LG 42LK520 | BD590
Bose Cinemate Series ll | AudioQuest Chocolate

Analog=MAC 1900 | Marantz Models 24, 26, 2010 & 2215b | Klipsch Heresy l's | KLH Model 15 | B&O TX2 | Nakamichi CR-1A | NAD 6130 | Dared MP-6 | B&W P5 | AKG K271 MKII | HiFiMan HE-300 | Kimber Kable PBJ

Protection=Panamax M4300-PM
Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #27

Sep 2009

My 210 is at the Texas exchange center. I called Panny, and got a service tag number assigned awaiting for the computer to actually update with some info.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #28

Mar 2011
Katy/Houston, TX

Has anyone had any problems with the HDMI port not working? Mine seems to not be working at all and I've tired everything. Wonder if it has anything to do with the firmware.
TV: Vizio M471i-A2 47-inch Smart 1080p LED HDTV
Blu-ray Player/Game System: Sony Playstation 3 (160GB)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis243 View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the HDMI port not working? Mine seems to not be working at all and I've tired everything. Wonder if it has anything to do with the firmware.
I just updated my firmware (to 1.88, I believe). I have it hooked up via composite currently because the TV in the bedroom doesn't have working HDMI ports and the girlfriend just wanted to be able to watch blu-rays back there and doesn't care if they're scaled down a bit. I'll see if I can check the HDMI port tomorrow though so I can rule out a firmware issue for you.

Interesting story how I got one of these: My Best Buy had this under the local clearance items on their site for $49.99, but my orders continually got canceled since they couldn't find it (even though RSS showed one in-stock). I went in today to process a return and I was able to find it sitting on a shelf below one of the display TVs and he sold it to me at the clearance price. It didn't come with the box, but I really couldn't care less. I have a (modded to region-free) Panasonic SC-BTT770 as my main player in the living room and I love it, so being able to snag another Panasonic 3D Wi-Fi enabled player for that price was a no-brainer, even opened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by enigma; 12-31-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #30

Sep 2009

I've notice lately that the BDT-210 is having Netflix streaming issues with the black screen when the player can't keep up with the streaming feed. Highly annoying to a point I have to switch over to my Roku, and resume the movie I was watching on 210 over to the Roku to watch the movie with out any issues.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #31
collinsc

Question Can't stream videos from PC anymore

Hi gang! I see that it has been a long time since anyone posted here, but I hope someone sees this message.

My DMP-BDT210 just developed a strange problem, after working flawlessly for almost three years.

It can no longer stream videos from my PC using the DLNA feature, although I can still use it to see photos or play music from my Win 7 desktop PC.

Here's the process I've always used:
1) Starting from the Home menu, select Network.
2) Select Home Network.
3) Select DLNA Client.
4) Select my PC.
5) At this point, if I select Photos or Music, everything works fine.
But if I select Video, I get a message "Could not connect to server.
Please verify network connection and setting".

Obviously, I am already connected to the server, or I wouldn't have gotten that far. But I have gone to Network Settings and run the test, and everything passes.

I have also tried doing the true factory reset (by pressing & holding OK, Blue & Yellow on the remote), but that didn't help.

So I tried doing the same thing on my Win 7 laptop, and got slightly different results. When I select Videos, I don't get the message about not connecting to the server. I am able to see the list of videos, but when I try to play one, I just get a black screen.

Do you think this is an issue with the Panasonic? Or has some setting changed in my PC(s)?

Thanks for your time.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #32

Jun 2014

Just picked up a second-hand BD copy of Flightplan (the Jodie Foster airplane thriller), and for the first time ever my DMP-BDT210 refused to read the disc. Should I blame the firmware or the disc (nearly 8 years of age at this point)?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #33

Dec 2010
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHamm1rBackupName View Post
Just picked up a second-hand BD copy of Flightplan (the Jodie Foster airplane thriller), and for the first time ever my DMP-BDT210 refused to read the disc. Should I blame the firmware or the disc (nearly 8 years of age at this point)?
That's very weird. If I remember correctly my BDT210 played it without any problems about 3-4 months ago. Maybe try turning it off then back on, play another disc then try Flightplan again?
-"You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, you have a shot at a silver lining."
Old 08-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #34
Power Member

Nov 2013
Twin Cities, MN (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHamm1rBackupName View Post
My 220 (piece of crap) locks up all the time. Try unplugging (wait about 30-60 seconds)/replugging the power back on. Works for me.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, anoint my head, anointy-nointy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders