Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
True Detective: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$47.99
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.05
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$11.70
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-23-2015, 11:28 PM   #14421
Special Member

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

Oh.

Just after learning that, I wiki'd through her profile. Turns out that corny line of hers from the movie, that's also written in the original book although not as a one-liner. How awkward.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #14422
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldchmps View Post
Any reason to get the extended editions of the prequels? Splitting one book into three movies made each movie already feel too long and too slow. I get that the original trilogy is better in the extended version but wouldn't the regular set be preferable for the prequels? I got the individual movies on Black Friday from BB and paid all of $22 total. I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the extended editions and if so, if it's worth more than twice what I paid for the single non extended edition movies.
If you like the movies the EEs are better versions and add a lot of great scenes. I see the films more as LotR prequels than an adaption of the book, which means length is irrelevant.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #14423
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
If you like the movies the EEs are better versions and add a lot of great scenes. I see the films more as LotR prequels than an adaption of the book, which means length is irrelevant.
I felt the prequels were just so so in the theaters. The original movies were totally amazing in the theaters. I have the extended set but also the non extended set as I never could decide which to keep. But I loved the movies in the theaters. With the prequels, I walked out of each one going, meh. The effects weren't as good. The plot wasn't as good. They ended at points that didn't feel like high points (to be continued should always happen at a high point) and the acting didn't seem all that great. I almost felt like they should have just skipped doing them altogether. The second movie was the best of the three because of Smaug but he was killed five minutes into the last movie. Truthfully, I liked the animated movie far better than the prequels. At least the animated movie was cohesive and was easy to follow.

The $55 is a good price so I'm tempted but I'm 50/50. I want the prequels because you want the story that leads into the main books but that's where I can't decide whether to keep my standard movies or get the prequels. Maybe if the price was $40 it'd be an easier buy for me, like the original extended edition has been to. I got it at $45 a year or two ago. $55 still seems like a lot for movies that weren't as good as the previous trilogy.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:56 PM   #14424
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Houston, TX

Quote:
I felt the prequels were just so so in the theaters. The original movies were totally amazing in the theaters. I have the extended set but also the non extended set as I never could decide which to keep. But I loved the movies in the theaters. With the prequels, I walked out of each one going, meh. The effects weren't as good. The plot wasn't as good. They ended at points that didn't feel like high points (to be continued should always happen at a high point) and the acting didn't seem all that great. I almost felt like they should have just skipped doing them altogether. The second movie was the best of the three because of Smaug but he was killed five minutes into the last movie. Truthfully, I liked the animated movie far better than the prequels. At least the animated movie was cohesive and was easy to follow.

The $55 is a good price so I'm tempted but I'm 50/50. I want the prequels because you want the story that leads into the main books but that's where I can't decide whether to keep my standard movies or get the prequels. Maybe if the price was $40 it'd be an easier buy for me, like the original extended edition has been to. I got it at $45 a year or two ago. $55 still seems like a lot for movies that weren't as good as the previous trilogy.
Set a price tracker for $40 and have a great day!
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 12-25-2015, 04:30 AM   #14425
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
Set a price tracker for $40 and have a great day!
Can I have a great day even if I don't set a price tracker? Maybe? Possibly?
Thanks given by:
Petra_Kalbrain (12-25-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #14426
Power Member

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Just opened my copy of the set as a Christmas present today and sure enough, it has the same sort of packaging as the Hobbit Extended Trilogy set.

Thank goodness the slimmed down, cheaper Canadian slipcover version shown several pages back isn't as widespread as I feared.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:03 AM   #14427
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Houston, TX

Quote:
Can I have a great day even if I don't set a price tracker? Maybe? Possibly?
The day has passed, but the greatness of your days depend mostly upon you.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 01-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #14428
Expert Member

Mar 2012
South Italy

For years I've debated waiting for the grand super duper mega extended set of all six films but the new films simply suck too hard. Finally snapped-up the original US extended package on eBay with the black boxes. It isn't as nice as the extended DVD package and buying nine DVDs with my six BDs seems a farce, especially as I already own them, but I'm looking forward to seeing these masterpieces again.
Faster than a bullet from a gun. Closer to Heaven than to Earth.

2K setup: 65" Panasonic VT65, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2, Oppo BDP-103 Region-Free, Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 fronts, Jamo E8CEN centre, E800 surrounds and rear surrounds, E8SUB subwoofer, Sony MDR-HW700DS 9.1 headphones, Monster Power HTS-2600, 1TB Mediacentre, 500GB PS4, Cyron RGB LEDs. 50" VT30 and 40GB fat PS3 in the lounge.

4K setup to follow...
Old 01-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #14429

Aug 2015
Portland, OR

I near fell asleep in the dang theatre!
Old 01-07-2016, 04:44 PM   #14430

Oct 2010
Kelso
Angry

I'm so frustrated. I received this set from Amazon and inside The Two Towers box was discs for The Return of The King. Sent it back and got a replacement. Exact same issue with that so sending that back now. I'm in the UK so postage is costly and it'll take weeks for me to receive the replacement.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #14431
Special Member

Apr 2011
NY

Quote:

If you like them less, pay less - by them used. I've gotten BDs in excellent condition.
Samsung 65" UHD JS9500
Marantz SR7009,
Oppo BDP-103
7.2.2 Atmos - Orb Audio Speakers
ADX Maximus Tactile Bass Shaker (2)
Axiom Subwoofer EP600 & Definitive Technology Supercube
X-Box One, WiiU
Old 02-10-2016, 06:20 AM   #14432

Dec 2015

Has anyone purchased in the last couple of weeks from Amazon US (Shopville) and got the magnetic flap version?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #14433

Jun 2010

I finally got to photograph the three Japanese Lord of the Rings extended edition versions. These are the best looking editions of LOTR worldwide.

Detailed photos: FOTR | TTT | ROTK

Pete
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (02-13-2016), frogmort (02-11-2016), Jafar (02-12-2016), Mr. Forest (02-11-2016), Petra_Kalbrain (02-11-2016), Visionist (02-29-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #14434
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Wish the U.S. had gotten something like that.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #14435

Dec 2015
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHutt View Post
I finally got to photograph the three Japanese Lord of the Rings extended edition versions. These are the best looking editions of LOTR worldwide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Wish the U.S. had gotten something like that.
That's what the DVDs looked like, of course, which is one reason for keeping the DVDs...

No New Line logo on Return of the King? Why can't spines match

Now all it needs is a digipak foldout (again, like the DVDs) inside the slipcase, instead of Blu-ray case.

I definitely miss the amazing packaging some DVDs had. Quite a few nice packages in my collection.

Wonderful photos!
*** Fox Replacement Program for X-Files Season 8 ***
Detailed Information about X-Files Blu-rays, with DVD comparisons
I'm looking for the original X-Files region 1 cardboard foldout sets and I'm in Canada - please PM me if you're parting with yours.
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (02-14-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #14436
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

I've still got the DVD releases. The packaging is so damn nice I hate to get rid of them.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #14437

Dec 2015

Quote:
When were these released, and why are they all in English?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #14438
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post
When were these released, and why are they all in English?
According to Amazon.co.jp, FOTR was released on 2014/07/09. TTT was released on 2014/12/03. ROTK was released on 2015/12/04.

And they aren't entirely in English.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:43 AM   #14439
Power Member

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK
Smile

Quote:

Detailed photos: FOTR | TTT | ROTK

Theyre beautiful. Just like the US DVD EE sets
Display: Panasonic ET61 1080p HD LED 3D (ISF Pro Cal'd)
Blu Ray: Panasonic BDT370 3D Player
Reciever: Yamaha RXV373

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/grim_tales1

My Collection
Thanks given by:
flyry (02-18-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #14440

Jun 2010

A bit more about the contents of the Japanese sets:

- The movie blu-rays are region free and contain an English and a Japanese menu. When the player is set to a non-Japanese menu language, the English menu is displayed, with the following language and subtitle options:

Audio: English
Subtitles: English HOH, Dutch

When the player is set to a Japanese menu language, the following language and subtitle options are available:
Audio: English, Japanese
Subtitles: English HOH, Japanese.

The bonus DVD discs (Region 2, NTSC) contain only Japanese menus and subtitles.
Pete
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America