COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Bankers of God: The Calvi Affair (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #81
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wman1996 View Post
I am still hoping too. I would love a complete series Blu-ray (probably 9 discs) with all the old extras plus some new ones.
Not gonna happen unless Nickelodeon is willing to spend the cash and time to re-produce/reanimate the whole series in high definition (likw Gainax did to Gurren Laggen for its Blu-ray release in Japan), and who knows if Nick still has all the resources to do that.
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"
Old 11-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #82
Banned

Aug 2010

Well, I guess A:TLAB is still in fairly high demand - Amazon had a Lightning Deal last night for all 3 full-season sets DVDs at 7:20pm - and within 50 seconds all three seasons were gone! I got the first two season sets into my cart, but by the time I clicked the third season in, it was already gone and I was put on the waitlist for it! Fortunately, about ten seconds later the third season came back briefly as available again, and I quickly snagged it. So, I was lucky enough to get all three for $11.97 per season. I only had burned copies of the series before, so at least now I have original sets...
Old 12-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #83

Jul 2013

Are the US dvd's region free? I'm thinking of buying them because of the special features!

I asked before but nobody answered...
Old 12-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omiros View Post
Are the US dvd's region free? I'm thinking of buying them because of the special features!

I asked before but nobody answered...
They are not.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #85

Nov 2010

Aw man, every time I see this thread resurface I think there's news on an actual BR release. Quit getting my hopes up!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #86
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooze33 View Post
Aw man, every time I see this thread resurface I think there's news on an actual BR release. Quit getting my hopes up!
i dont know why this hasn't been moved to the Wish List section.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #87

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac013 View Post
They are not.
Thanks! I guess that i'll have to settle for the UK releases...
Old 12-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #88
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooze33 View Post
I highly doubt they'll ever see a Blu-ray release... don't keep your hopes up.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #89

Feb 2011

Amazon just dropped their prices on all three "Airbender" seasons to $10.99.

Does this mean a blu-ray release is in the works?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #90
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrunter View Post
Amazon just dropped their prices on all three "Airbender" seasons to $10.99.

Does this mean a blu-ray release is in the works?
Um, no?
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"
Old 06-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #91

Jul 2013

lol
Old 08-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #92
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands
Question

Don't know if anyone will catch this, but I'm wondering something about last year's DVD-release of the complete series:

When I look on Play or Amazon they say that it's a 5-disc set, which I guess... could be?
But then I checked on Bol.com (the "Dutch Amazon" here in The Netherlands I guess you could call it), just to check if they have it and at what price, but there it says there are 13(!) discs, AND, as opposed to the 20 or so Euros (about 15 Pounds I guess) it costs at Play and/or Amazon, it's almost 60 Euros.

Also, now I found that there's another version at Bol called "The Complete 3-Nations Collection", as opposed to "The Complete 3 Bookcollection", and it's also 15 Euros more at almost 75 Euros. Bút, it also seems to have 13 discs, while this release is supposed to be from March 2011, oddly enough...

On a side-note; The latter version has a sticker on it which says "Inspired by the popular theaterfilm 'The Last Airbender'.".

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]

Well, anyway. Does anyone know how all this sticks together?
Is the latest "Complete Collection" of 5 discs from the UK good? Or Is the "Dutch" version with supposedly 14 discs actually spread out across more discs and perhaps of better quality or something?

I also couldn't really find anything on TVshowsonDVD apart from separate seasons or volumes and stuff like that...

Thanks for reading.
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 08-19-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #93

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The DVD release of the complete series in the UK is just the previous discs repacked.

Just get the season sets from the USA, all other regions missed out on most of the extras, and the bonus discs.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #94
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

I see. But how many discs are those sets from the US then? Would it make 13 like the Dutch release because of the extras?

But I doubt I could use them though. I mean, as they're DVDs they probably wouldn't work in my region's players?
"Many great films fail and many shitty movies make a lot of money." - John Landis

BD Wishlist: - Prince of Egypt - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Beverly Hills Cop - Bowfinger - Multiplicity - One Hour Photo - Series: - Over There - Flashpoint - Monk - Friends - My Name Is Earl - Music: - Maiden Rock In Rio - MetallicA S&M - Godsmack Changes - Ramms+ein Berlin - SlipKnoT Disasterpieces - Ozzy At Budokan - Satriani SF
Old 08-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #95

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The first book is 6 discs in the USA, and second & third books are 5 discs in the USA. So 16 discs for the complete series in the USA.

Unfortunately the DVD releases in the USA are region restricted, so you would need an all region DVD player.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #96

Jul 2014

I've got both the R1 and R2 sets.

The R1 set has lots of extras and lovely gatefold packaging/art for each season.
The R2 set takes up less space on the shelf, all three seasons are housed in a slipcase.
Unfortunately both the R1 and R2 sets suffer from the same distracting sharp edged issues, ruining the fluid and beautiful art in places. It's funny, I don't remember these issues on the broadcast version of the show.....

For those living in an R2 area, I say go for the R2 set. Yes, you lose the extras, but the set is cheaper, and it saves you having to resort to a multi-region player.

And mods, please move this to wish list territory. It breaks my heart every time I see the thread pop up, then realising it's only speculation.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #97

Jan 2014
Magalia, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Thoix

I still have the individual volumes releases for each book on DVD. They're worth watching but every time I watch them the more I want a good bu-ray release. Unfortunately, based on Nickelodeon's action over The Legend of Korra it seems like they're trying to forget their "Harry Potter" franchise doesn't exist anymore. Luckily they're still release Blu-ray copies of Korra though.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #98
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands

Well, that's great... I'm really disappointed there's not even an official DVD-release that has a plain GOOD quality image. That release of September last year should have been the "complete package" and nothing more after that.

Also, I was also not that bothered by the downloaded TV-recordings I'd watched a couple of years ago. The bitrate might not have been that high, and thus there were some artifacts and such, but with my mind just accepting it, overall it was very watchable and I enjoyed it immensely, and figured a DVD-version would at least be better, even if it would still be in SD.

One other question about the DVD-version though; How is the audio? And also, what format is it in?
I'm guessing it would be plain stereo, but if it's 5.1 it would make things more interesting of course.
I just wonder about the difference in the audio between TV-rips and the DVD-version, as the quality of TV-recordings are often inconsistent. Which is a reason why I stopped watching "Korra" some time ago too, cause I was struggling to find consistent versions to download, so I'll just get that on Blu-ray once they're done.
Anyway, if the DVD-audio would be superior, it might be interesting to put that to a TV-rip that might potentially look better than the official DVDs. But that might be quite some work to put together. I would do it, especially since I have experience in working with audio and video, but I also just kinda want to sit down and watch it again first...

If only there was something they would do for "Avatar" once "Korra" is done and being released as a complete set on Blu-ray.
Also, as far as I know my impression of Nickelodeon is that they're not the wealthiest company in the business? But still, if they'd be smart they would release some great "definitive set" (in high quality of course) of this very popular series and just rake in the money, even if they'd have to "remaster" it. I don't get why they don't take advantage of that and only release mediocre sets that (sure, might sell, but) get criticism.
Are they afraid it won't pay off because of piracy or the availability of TV-rips anyway? Still, they could make a nice set with some small but fancy figurines or whatever nice collectibles like that. I can totally see what it would look like already. Maybe add in a nice hardcover book with like "The Art Of Avatar" or something, or some kind of lithograph at least.
I think some decisions are easy to make. Are there no petitions for something like this? :P

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Last edited by Damage Inc.; 08-20-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #99

Nov 2010

And yet again I'm fooled into thinking there's been some sort of announcement about this great show getting a Blu-ray release...stop crushing my dreams!
Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #100
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
The Netherlands
Lightbulb

Let's say this; The next time when there's actual news, although I'm sure someone else would find it much sooner than me, I'll have the title of the thread updated. OK?

Try to not get your hopes up until you actually read something significant to get your hopes up about. It's good practice. :P

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America