Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Garfield 1 & 2: Fat Cat Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$9.98
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Default 3d effect controls

I have the panny bdt 310. I cant find an explanation for the manual 3d controls. It has a distance control but is this depth? Or is it depth and pop? It has a zero and the - and + on either side. Anyway the two extremes (-4 and +3) seem to have the most separation. Honestly I'm havin a hard time figuring out what's best or what im even looking at. Is - depth and + pop?
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
Northern Ireland

I find just putting a disc on and playing with the settings is best,just get something you are happy with.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
I find just putting a disc on and playing with the settings is best,just get something you are happy with.
Oh I've played with the settings a plenty. Like I said it would be easier if I knew exactly what I was increasing and decreasing.

Anyone?
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke smot View Post
Oh I've played with the settings a plenty. Like I said it would be easier if I knew exactly what I was increasing and decreasing.

Anyone?
I don't own a Panasonic but with my Samsung if the film has a pop out moment and I increase the setting that will give it more of an effect and the same goes with something that is shown depth.
It just depend's how much of that effect I want to use and what I believe look's correct.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009

I figured that by moving into the + range it would be increasing the 3d effect. But when I mess with it I dont notice a difference between -3 and +3. I sometimes mess withit with glasses off then you can see the difference in distance. You know the space between the double image.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke smot View Post
I figured that by moving into the + range it would be increasing the 3d effect. But when I mess with it I dont notice a difference between -3 and +3. I sometimes mess withit with glasses off then you can see the difference in distance. You know the space between the double image.
Moving it on my set definitely make's a difference,actually to the point where it is too much going from one extreme to the other so I have maybe only changed the + and the - one place.
It seem's a bit strange that you don't notice a difference but like I said I don't own a Panasonic so I am afraid I can't help you there,hopefully someone else who does may chime in.

Are you happy with your effect?if so I wouldn't worry to much about the setting although I am sure you would like to see it make some kind of difference even if it is only to reset it back to what it was at.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009

On the panosonic the + and - are on the same line. Its set up like a number line with 0 in the middle. Anyway I like the unit. The more I watch the more superior I find the picture than my ps3. Both 2d and 3d look clearer and sharper on the panosonic. Blacks are more resolved. I'm super happy especially since I got it for $150.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by patspet View Post
yeah,me too, On the panosonic the + and - are on the same line. Its set up like a number line with 0 in the middle.
But have you figured out exactly what it all means? I've been leaving it set to normal for now. Still looks better than the ps3.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players