Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #4481
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

What's the best way to buy the Harry Potter series? I just saw these year 1 & 2, etc., sets. The site lists the regular editions as 1-disc but the Wal-Mart versions as 2-disc. But I assume one of the box sets may have more extras/better quality? So which for content - and which for cost - is the best way to go?
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #4482
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
What's the best way to buy the Harry Potter series? I just saw these year 1 & 2, etc., sets. The site lists the regular editions as 1-disc but the Wal-Mart versions as 2-disc. But I assume one of the box sets may have more extras/better quality? So which for content - and which for cost - is the best way to go?
Best bang for the buck is the UK set.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #4483
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Best bang for the buck is the UK set.
Not sure which one you mean. This one's no good 'cause it's Region B :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter...rry+potter+set
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #4484
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Not sure which one you mean. This one's no good 'cause it's Region B :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter...rry+potter+set
It' region free like just about all Warner releases. It's probably the best set to get outside of getting the Ultimate editions.

the 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc.. sets are definitely 2 discs, Warner won't put multiple HP movies on a single disc
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #4485
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Not sure which one you mean. This one's no good 'cause it's Region B
As usual, Amazon region descriptions are somewhat "creative." One of these days people will really stop paying attention and check with reliable sources.

That set is not at a great price right now, but it's not too bad. $41 shipped though it's been a bit under $30 fairly recently.

Assuming you weren't able to get in on the Hogwarts WBSHOP deal for $60 last week and really want the extended editions or 1/2, 3D of 7/8 and all the extras -- I'd say the best hope before next Christmas season would be to hope to get it at Barnes and Noble during there expected Spring 40% sale (probably May). If you can get it in store with member discount and hopefully a coupon I suspect you could get it for around $110 (a bit less if you can get get some discounted Gift Cards).
Old 04-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #4486
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Thanks for the heads up on the region thing, guys, I shoulda known better. Okay, to clarify - I don't want any coasters and I don't do 3D. The UK set has 11 BDs - which means 3 BDs of "extras"? The Ultimate editions seem to have 2 BDs each - which would be 8 "extras" discs. Do the 3 "extras" discs in the UK set have the best stuff so I shouldn't lose sleep over the 5 "missing extras" discs? Any word on a possible AVC "remaster" set? Right now I've got the UK set saved at Amazon UK and I'll monitor the price pending updated advice.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #4487
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on the region thing, guys, I shoulda known better. Okay, to clarify - I don't want any coasters and I don't do 3D. The UK set has 11 BDs - which means 3 BDs of "extras"? The Ultimate editions seem to have 2 BDs each - which would be 8 "extras" discs. Do the 3 "extras" discs in the UK set have the best stuff so I shouldn't lose sleep over the 5 "missing extras" discs? Any word on a possible AVC "remaster" set? Right now I've got the UK set saved at Amazon UK and I'll monitor the price pending updated advice.
There's more in the UE/Wizard's/Hogwarts sets, which is reflected in their prices. As I previously said, the UK set is the best value.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #4488
Special Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
You have a couple of options, if you don't want any extras and you want just the films, buy the Harry Potter Years 1-8 box set. If you want extras, then I would suggest either getting the Hogwarts Collection, or if you want memorabilia, then get The Wizard's Collection. The UK sets will have region free blu-ray diss, but when it comes down to the dvds/ documentaries discs, they will be the UK region and will not work with your US player. I would suggest getting the Ultimate Editions like myself, but most of them are becoming out of print but I must say, the Ultimate Editions look good on a shelf! Hope you can buy the right set and enjoy the Harry Potter series!
Old 04-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #4489
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
You have a couple of options, if you don't want any extras and you want just the films, buy the Harry Potter Years 1-8 box set. If you want extras, then I would suggest either getting the Hogwarts Collection, or if you want memorabilia, then get The Wizard's Collection. The UK sets will have region free blu-ray diss, but when it comes down to the dvds/ documentaries discs, they will be the UK region and will not work with your US player. I would suggest getting the Ultimate Editions like myself, but most of them are becoming out of print but I must say, the Ultimate Editions look good on a shelf! Hope you can buy the right set and enjoy the Harry Potter series!
Well, thanks for the heads up on that, pardner. No one's mentioned that before. You can have all the little statues, coasters and cards or whatever, but I do like me some good extra features, deleted scenes, etc - preferably in 1080p. I can wait a wee bit if I have to. With the Ultimate Editions going out of print, I'm hoping a new AVC/maybe Remastered set for Christmas?

Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #4490
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

I have the ultimate 1-4. I got pissed that they stopped releasing extended editions, especially since they air every year on abc family. Hopefully someday WB will release them, with commentaries.
Mary Elizabeth Winsteads biggest fan!
Follow Mary on Twitter!
Alex of Venice: April 18th
Kill the Messenger: August 31rst
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Attendee
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America