Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$15.00
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
$19.99
MLB 13: The Show (PS3)
$18.99
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$24.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$29.96
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$29.77
BioShock Infinite (PS3)
$19.99
Diablo III (PS3)
$37.48
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
$15.99
Dead Rising 2 (PS3)
$12.79
Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
$15.44
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$54.99
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
$39.99
Monster Jam: Path of Destruction (PS3)
$27.33
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3)
$14.99
NASCAR The Game 2011 (PS3)
$26.36
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3)
$26.28
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
$63.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 04-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #3581

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

That's pretty awesome that you can see players live. Sticky bombs are endless fun. It's the best way to get the cops on your tail really fast. One of my recent getaways was REALLY close. My car was toast and the cops actually knocked it onto a moving train and I got away!

"We put liquid paper on a bee, and it died."

Last edited by PrestigeWorldwide; 04-15-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #3582
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

I considered coming back to GTA Online to see if I could get to level 100. I'm currently level 38 with 52 hours logged so far. Is repeating Potshot still the best solo RP method by time or have updates gimped that as well? I really want to plat this game but the level requirements for the Above the Law trophy are beyond stupid when done without glitching or cheating.
Plats--86:
Latest Plat--Dark Souls 2
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #3583

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
I considered coming back to GTA Online to see if I could get to level 100. I'm currently level 38 with 52 hours logged so far. Is repeating Potshot still the best solo RP method by time or have updates gimped that as well? I really want to plat this game but the level requirements for the Above the Law trophy are beyond stupid when done without glitching or cheating.
I'd like to know this as well. I'm only level 15 since I finished the single player offline main missions and played online some and then moved on to the PS4 and Xbox One. Now that my excitement of next gen has worn off, I'm wanting to play GTA 5 more.

I'd really like to unlock the rocket launcher, but I highly doubt I'll ever reach level 100 (ridiculous requirement). Hell, I'll be lucky if I reach level 50 considering how long it takes to level up.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #3584
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeWorldwide View Post
I'd like to know this as well. I'm only level 15 since I finished the single player offline main missions and played online some and then moved on to the PS4 and Xbox One. Now that my excitement of next gen has worn off, I'm wanting to play GTA 5 more.

I'd really like to unlock the rocket launcher, but I highly doubt I'll ever reach level 100 (ridiculous requirement). Hell, I'll be lucky if I reach level 50 considering how long it takes to level up.
Yeah, Rockstar really blew it in regards to leveling up. They made it a total chore and unfun.

They seem to think people have 100s of hours to put into a game and they don't/
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Old 04-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #3585
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Something has happened after the 1.12 update that has caused many missions (including Potshot and Coveted) to be missing from my playlist. If R* took them out to get people to play other stuff I'll be really pissed.

On another note, in case you didn't know rating a mission now (either like or dislike) will net you 50 additional RP. There's also a double XP mini promotion going on for capture missions until Friday, but you need 2 people minimum to play capture.

I have some guy's created capture game that supposedly offers high RP for like 30 seconds or something, and replaying it makes the loading quick. I'd be willing to try it with someone later tonight if anyone is up for it and see if the payout is better than Potshot.
Plats--86:
Old 04-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #3586

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
Yeah, Rockstar really blew it in regards to leveling up. They made it a total chore and unfun.

They seem to think people have 100s of hours to put into a game and they don't/
I really don't understand why they did that. Rockstar should have gone the Call of Duty/Titanfall route of letting people prestige to their hearts content while the rest of us that don't have that much time can actually unlock all of the weapons.

On the plus side, last night I discovered that they added the special carbine rifle that I can use at level 15. So I don't feel completely useless like I was before with just a weak SMG with crap range. GTA 5 online really sucks when you're just starting out. High level players have way too many advantages. And sure, you can go into passive mode, but it feels pu$$y to do that. Just give me GOOD weapons so I can defend myself adequately rather than enter passive mode!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #3587
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Kansas

Haha MGS V's trailer recreated in GTA V.

And side by side with the original.

Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #3588
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Quote:

Yeah, reminds me how much I hate level systems in general. Much prefer skill based systems. You could pratice at Ammunation or perhaps the military base with select missions building up individual skills which would behave just like sneaking around or driving. The more you do it, the better you get not tied to RP grinding.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 AM   #3589

Sep 2010
Corpus Christi, TX (Hopefully Austin soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Haha MGS V's trailer recreated in GTA V.

And side by side with the original.

【GTA5再現】MGSV:TPP比較 - YouTube

Oh, man. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile!
Proud member of the Cobra Juicy gang.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:55 AM   #3590
Power Member

Jan 2013
UK, south

Regarding the stock market on single player, whens the best time to cash in on shares that has risen? For example, I did the Franklin Hotel Assassination, waited a few game days after investing in one of the stocks, and it got to about 39.9 before I cashed it all in. When does it peak? Should I have waited longer? I just don't want it to go down...
Old 04-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #3591

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Something has happened after the 1.12 update that has caused many missions (including Potshot and Coveted) to be missing from my playlist. If R* took them out to get people to play other stuff I'll be really pissed.

On another note, in case you didn't know rating a mission now (either like or dislike) will net you 50 additional RP. There's also a double XP mini promotion going on for capture missions until Friday, but you need 2 people minimum to play capture.

I have some guy's created capture game that supposedly offers high RP for like 30 seconds or something, and replaying it makes the loading quick. I'd be willing to try it with someone later tonight if anyone is up for it and see if the payout is better than Potshot.
Haven't seen either of those missions listed, but I'm currently at level 27 so they may not have opened up yet. You're playing the PS3 version, right? I'm game for some co-op missions, but I'm on the 360.

Edit: As far as farming for XP and money, "The Boneyard" survival mission gives a lot (east of the Sandy Shores airfield), but you have to survive 10 rounds. The easy way to do it is to take cover behind the shed and you really need two people. One person on each end of the shed. When I passed it, each of us got $20K and a lot of XP.

Last edited by PrestigeWorldwide; 04-20-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #3592
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Canada

Quote:
Haven't seen either of those missions listed, but I'm currently at level 27 so they may not have opened up yet. You're playing the PS3 version, right? I'm game for some co-op missions, but I'm on the 360.

Edit: As far as farming for XP and money, "The Boneyard" survival mission gives a lot (east of the Sandy Shores airfield), but you have to survive 10 rounds. The easy way to do it is to take cover behind the shed and you really need two people. One person on each end of the shed. When I passed it, each of us got $20K and a lot of XP.
Even without others you get some nice points. almost made Wave 4

One of the car repo missions is the biggest waste of time. Am at level 20 & spent a good 1h hunting it down. On the map you'd think its a fighter jet.

It's grinding for sure either way for XP but if the game wasn't fun I think I'd quit a lot sooner online. I like infamous but replay value is nothing there compared to GTA V.

Ooo gotta go Trevor is calling might be some real coin!
PSN = derb
Xbox Live = BMW 135i Coupe

2013 Game of the Year - The Last of Us

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 500GB, Nintendo Wii U 2TB Western Digital, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB
Old 04-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #3593

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Even without others you get some nice points. almost made Wave 4

One of the car repo missions is the biggest waste of time. Am at level 20 & spent a good 1h hunting it down. On the map you'd think its a fighter jet.

It's grinding for sure either way for XP but if the game wasn't fun I think I'd quit a lot sooner online. I like infamous but replay value is nothing there compared to GTA V.

Ooo gotta go Trevor is calling might be some real coin!
Seems like most of the repo missions are easy. The most difficult ones for one player are from Lester. Some of them require a helicopter and the problem with that is ALL of the areas where they usually spawn (top of the hospital, Sandy Shores airfield, etc), you can't get a helicopter, and I can't call for a helicopter pick up (& shoot the pilot so I can use it) until level 30. So that leaves me with two options - go buy a Maverick for $780K (I don't have enough money and even if I did, I'd rather save my money and wait until I can buy the helicopter with guns and missiles when I reach level 42) or go the helicopter pads by the docks and hope that NPC guy is landing a helicopter - this is hit and miss. Seems like the only time I see a helicopter is when I start the mission during the day. If it's night time, you're screwed, which is what happened last time. Finally said, F' this, I'll wait until I'm level 30 to try those missions.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #3594
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Canada

Quote:
Seems like most of the repo missions are easy. The most difficult ones for one player are from Lester. Some of them require a helicopter and the problem with that is ALL of the areas where they usually spawn (top of the hospital, Sandy Shores airfield, etc), you can't get a helicopter, and I can't call for a helicopter pick up (& shoot the pilot so I can use it) until level 30. So that leaves me with two options - go buy a Maverick for $780K (I don't have enough money and even if I did, I'd rather save my money and wait until I can buy the helicopter with guns and missiles when I reach level 42) or go the helicopter pads by the docks and hope that NPC guy is landing a helicopter - this is hit and miss. Seems like the only time I see a helicopter is when I start the mission during the day. If it's night time, you're screwed, which is what happened last time. Finally said, F' this, I'll wait until I'm level 30 to try those missions.
Damn. Ok shouldn't complain then

I think I bought a chopper.. Dunno. I Bought stupid stuff like the plane from the business update & a Coach Bus.
PSN = derb

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 500GB, Nintendo Wii U 2TB Western Digital, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB

Last edited by Derb; 04-22-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #3595

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
Damn. Ok should complain then

I think I bought a chopper.. Dunno. I Bought stupid stuff like the plane from the business update & a Coach Bus.
If you're level 30, don't worry about it since you can just call in a helicopter for pick up and steal it.

I experienced one of those awful repo missions last night. I was going solo, so that made it even worse. It had me retrieving two moving cars. I drove to the other side of the map, chased the 1st one down, finally killed the driver, had to shake my 3 star wanted level, went back for the car, got a wanted level the moment I got in the car, evaded the cops again, drove it to the dealership, called the mechanic to get my car back, chased down the other car on the other side of the map, killed the driver, evaded cops, got in the car, got another wanted level, evaded the cops again, and finally drove it to the dealership. That took a ridiculous amount of time. Wouldn't be so bad if I had the option of turning off the cops or Rockstar would make them less annoying.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 AM   #3596
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Canada

Quote:
If you're level 30, don't worry about it since you can just call in a helicopter for pick up and steal it.

I experienced one of those awful repo missions last night. I was going solo, so that made it even worse. It had me retrieving two moving cars. I drove to the other side of the map, chased the 1st one down, finally killed the driver, had to shake my 3 star wanted level, went back for the car, got a wanted level the moment I got in the car, evaded the cops again, drove it to the dealership, called the mechanic to get my car back, chased down the other car on the other side of the map, killed the driver, evaded cops, got in the car, got another wanted level, evaded the cops again, and finally drove it to the dealership. That took a ridiculous amount of time. Wouldn't be so bad if I had the option of turning off the cops or Rockstar would make them less annoying.
Yeah I just reached 22. There are a bunch of gas truck repo's & 1 of them is really dumb. It's located in a busy area where there is no real good place to hide & obviously can't outrun the cops. I did a few different ones after that & they were not too bad.

Lester is useless. I tried him when I had a 3 star wanted level in the truck repo. $5K & its unavailable.. I dunno but seems like a waste of money anyway even if it did work.

So far I'm enjoying the drug bust missions the most cuz I level up faster & if need cash, parachuting is easy. Been playing mostly solo. I jumped online a few times just to cruise the city & what-not & no surprise there are a ton of random ******* players out there that will kill you just because. Or they stake out your apartment & rig the entrance with sticky bombs. Wow. No thanks, I'll stick to levelling up on my own & then 1 day go back guns blazing in a Tank.

I am experiencing terrible pop-in textures online. I did notice a few in story mode but I have been noticing them a lot more online. I deleted the digital & am now installing the disc version. I don't remember any problems like that with the disc version. I had a few hard crashes with the digital as well.. I guess the system can't handle too much chaos or something. Well I'll also free up 10GB by playing the game on disc.
PSN = derb

Old 04-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #3597

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
So far I'm enjoying the drug bust missions the most cuz I level up faster & if need cash, parachuting is easy. Been playing mostly solo. I jumped online a few times just to cruise the city & what-not & no surprise there are a ton of random ******* players out there that will kill you just because. Or they stake out your apartment & rig the entrance with sticky bombs. Wow. No thanks, I'll stick to levelling up on my own & then 1 day go back guns blazing in a Tank.
If I go solo, I get in an invite only session to keep the dunderheads away and if a friend gets online, I can easily invite them. When I went into a regular session with a buddy this past weekend, the moment I got there, I was mugged. So there are people online that just wait until someone joins a session and immediately request a mugging. But the funny thing is that it was pretty easy to kill the mugger and get my money back (got an achievement for it). A good tip for playing in regular sessions is to change your aim settings to "free aim" (you have to change the setting in single player). The free aim folks tend to be a little more civil and it actually takes some skill to kill in a free aim session.

The drug busts missions are by far the easiest and most fun. For the truck fuel heist, I had to get out of the truck since I had so many cops on me, stole a police car, evaded the cops by going into a tunnel, and then came back for the truck when my wanted level was gone.

The jet race by Sandy Shores is fun even going solo and it gives you decent money & XP and challenges your piloting skills by going through the mountains and under a bridge.

Quote:
I am experiencing terrible pop-in textures online. I did notice a few in story mode but I have been noticing them a lot more online. I deleted the digital & am now installing the disc version. I don't remember any problems like that with the disc version. I had a few hard crashes with the digital as well.. I guess the system can't handle too much chaos or something. Well I'll also free up 10GB by playing the game on disc.
Are you on the 360 version? Rockstar recommended only installing the first disc and running the game on the second disc, otherwise there's a lot of pop in issues from a full install.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #3598
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:

Yeah i'm running PS3, and I'm also on the Bluray crew as well.

The problem with Boneyard is it takes about 15 minutes to complete 10 waves. In that time, you could have replayed Potshot 4 times and gotten a ton more XP (even though Potshot doesn't pay $). So Boneyard is cool to break up the grind, but for actual XP efficiency it takes way too long.
Plats--86:
Old 04-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #3599
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Canada

Quote:
Are you on the 360 version? Rockstar recommended only installing the first disc and running the game on the second disc, otherwise there's a lot of pop in issues from a full install.
Thanks for em tips. I played a ton yesterday. 20-25 rank now. I see I am being bugged with new missions now.

For 360 I have the discs installed. Pop-in is there in story mode but it's not so bad it distracts me. I haven't gone online yet on the 360 version.

For PS3, I first bought the disc, finished story & then later got digital cuz PS3 disc drive is loud. (Doesn't matter the model) while playing story I found I really had to look out of my line of sight to see the pop-in textures. Online however, they find you. The switch from digital to physical in one play session online was WoW difference. At least double the traffic & the city is way more alive. It actually makes the game more challenging. lol

I gotta correct that Lester comment. Repo a tanker & I tried to lower star level & thought it was $5,000. My bad that's for something else. It was only $400..

So I went ahead with that as soon as I got the tanker. There were 4 guards. I killed 3 got in called Lester & I was on my merry. I heard shots fired.. By the fourth guy I didn't kill. I stopped & got out of tanker to get him. Oops! So much for Lester's call. Just killing him gave me instant 3 stars & no Lester option now. I managed to drop trailer attached, lose wanted level, go back, pic up trailer & deliver. Freaking game is epic.

Btw, did the Titan mission solo. Dunno if that's an accomplishment. Took a few tries.
PSN = derb

Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #3600

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

I figured out how to grind the online portion easier. You have to bookmark someone elses's playlist since Rockstar removed Potshot and Coveted (among many other higher earning missions) from the list of missions that you can select manually (see video).

You can't even add these missions to your own customized playlist anymore. The only reason that I can see for doing this is to push people to buy their cash cards. It's INCREDIBLY slow to level up and get money from most of the regular missions. I end up spending a good portion of my earnings on bullets and grenades unless I grind the races.

In terms of mission time, ammo & explosive expenses, Potshot still seems like the best way to earn money & XP. Coveted is more difficult and takes more time, but I think it's more fun (some good sniping action) and gives more money and XP.

Last edited by PrestigeWorldwide; 04-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
grand theft auto v, rockstar games, san andreas