Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Garfield 1 & 2: Fat Cat Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$9.98
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 03-28-2014, 04:21 AM   #281
Special Member

Dec 2009
Maryland

Did anyone else experience a problem with the Swerve Blu-ray freezing around 50 minutes in and then jumping forward to the final chapter? I gently cleaned the disc (from Netflix, not a purchase) and tried multiple times. I ended up reporting it as a problematic disc and returning it.

My Panasonic firmware is up-to-date. I hate when I have this type of problem. Though I will just choose to assume it is a bum disc.
top five films of 2014 (so far)

1. Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. Under the Skin
4. In Secret
5. The Raid 2
Old 03-29-2014, 03:22 AM   #282
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Inspector Lavardin Collection Blu-ray

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13310

Quote:
The Cohen Media Group will bring to Blu-ray two classic thrillers directed by Claude Chabrol: Cop Au Vin a.k.a Chicken With Vinegar (1985), starring Jean Poiret, Stéphane Audran, Michel Bouquet, and Lucas Belvaux, and Inspector Lavardin (1986), starring Jean Poiret, Jean-Claude Brialy, and Bernadette Lafont. The two films, which will be part of The Inspector Lavardin Collection, will be available for purchase on April 22.

Chicken With Vinegar

Stéphane Audran plays a cruel, wheelchair-bound invalid who bullies her teenaged son Louis (Lucas Belvaux) into abject obedience. The pair is threatened by a conniving trio of "upright citizens" that want to buy her property as part of a deal for a lucrative development project. However, the two eccentrics, who are given to reading everyone's mail before it is delivered, won't sell. With townsfolk dropping off left and right in a series of gruesome murders, it requires the deceptively charming Inspector Lavardin (Jean Poiret) to get to the bottom of it all.

Inspector Lavardin

Jean Poiret returns as the remarkably urbane detective from Cop Au Vin. This time he arrives at a cozy, seaside village to investigate the bizarre murder of a eminent Catholic author. A "pillar" of society, the writer is found dead by the shore, the word 'pig' scrawled across his naked body with lipstick and a huge stab wound in his back. The usually cool sleuth is shaken when he discovers that the victim's window is none other than his old flame. Stylish and charming, with lighthearted jabs at bourgeois conventions, Inspecteur Lavardin is a first-rate thriller from master film-maker Claude Chabrol.

UPDATE

Special Features: The Inspector Lavardin Colelction includes the two additional Lavardin mysteries that Chabrol directed for television: "The Black Snail" (1988) and "Danger Lies in the Words" (1989). Other extras in the set are audio commentary by film critics Wade Major and Andy Klein and a new essay by critic Peter Tonguette.
Pro-B
Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #283
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13663

Quote:
The Cohen Media Group has revealed that it plans to add two titles to its Blu-ray catalog in July: acclaimed Iranian director Abbas Kiarostami's The Wind Will Carry Us a.k.a. Bad ma ra khahad bord (1999), starring Behzad Dorani, Noghre Asadi, and Roushan Karam Elmi, and Emmanuelle Bercot's On My Way a.k.a. Elle s'en va (2013), starring Catherine Deneuve, Nemo Schiffman, and Gérard Garouste.

The Wind Will Carry Us

Palme d'Or winning-director Abbas Kiarostami's acclaimed film documents the arrival of an engineer and his colleagues from Tehran in a remote village in Iranian Kurdistan. Assumed by the locals with whom they form an ambivalent relationship to be archaeologists or telecom engineers, the visitors behaviour and keen interest in the health of an ailing old woman appear strange and their true motives are shrouded in mystery. Haunting and visually stunning, The Wind Will Carry Us is an absorbing abstract meditation on life and death and the divisions between tradition and modernity that stands among Kiarostami s best works. STREET DATE: JULY 22.

On My Way

Now in her early sixties, former beauty queen Bettie (Deneuve) finds herself jilted by her lover and left alone to deal with the financial problems facing her family's restaurant. What begins as a quick drive to clear her head turns into a full-fledged road trip, and along the way there are chance meetings, an ex-Miss France gala, renewed ties with her estranged daughter and grandson, and possibly, at the end of the road, love. STREET DATE: JULY 29.
Pro-B
Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #284
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Thanks for the news, Pro-B.

I've heard nothing but good things about The Wind Will Carry Us, so I will definitely be checking that one out.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #285
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

You are welcome, iScottie.

Hopefully Criterion is not too far behind with The Taste of Cherry.

Pro-B
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #286
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post

Pro-B
Seem like it's only a matter of time before it's upgraded.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #287
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post

Pro-B
Or the Koker Trilogy.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:43 AM   #288
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Default Cohen Media Film Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBaby View Post
Or the Koker Trilogy.
I concur. And hopefully if/when they do, they include the rest of his 70s/80s work as extras. He was making some truly wonderful films back then (not that he's since stopped doing so, but those are more difficult to get hold of in good quality).

I'm looking forward to The Wind Will Carry Us from Cohen. They've emerged as one of my favourite labels recently. Hopefully, they include the extras from the French DVD as they look rather good.

Last edited by Yami; 04-10-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #289
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13678

Quote:
Cohen Media Group has released an official U.S. trailer for director Cédric Klapisch latest project, Casse-tête chinois a.k.a. Chinese Puzzle. Currently, the film is set to open in theaters across the United States on May 16th.

Chinese Puzzle is the third installment in The Spanish Apartment series and reunites a number of the actors from the previous two films, including Audrey Tautou, Cécile De France, Romain Duris, and Kelly Reilly.

Official synopsis: A 40-year-old father of two, still finds life very complicated. When the mother of his children moves to New York, he can't bear them growing up far away from him and so he decides to move there as well.

The previous two films, L'auberge espagnole a.k.a. The Spanish Apartment (2002) and Les poupées Russes a.k.a. Russian Dolls (2005), are already out on Blu-ray in France, courtesy of StudioCanal. See our listings and reviews of these releases here and here

Pro-B
Old 04-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #290
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

4K restoration of Patrice Chereau's masterpiece, Queen Margot, is set to be released on Blu-ray on August 26th.

Pro-B
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #291
Power Member

Sep 2010

I haven't understood something:
All those titles I see in their site and it says available in HD, 2K and so on, and don't have Bluray releases, will they be released in Bluray eventually?
Most wanted Blurays: Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Krull, Free Willy, True Lies, Abyss, Bringing Up Baby, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #292
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
I haven't understood something:
All those titles I see in their site and it says available in HD, 2K and so on, and don't have Bluray releases, will they be released in Bluray eventually?

I'd imagine so, it's all the titles they have the rights to. They seem to be giving priority to films with an anniversary.
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #293
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA

There are a number of Cohen Media titles on-sale at Barnes & Noble. Decent prices when coupled with this weekends B&N coupons.

Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/cohe...t=PA&store=DVD

Also, Sears.com has the Inspector Lavardin Collection for $26.99

Link: http://entertainment.sears.com/inspe...n/741952772699
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. -The Big Lebowski (1998)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors