Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
No Holds Barred (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #21

Aug 2011
Arizona

Wow, nice stand and a great set up! That's a LOT of CD storage there! Amazing, I never get tired of looking at the creative set ups that people put together. )
A/V Room System: TV: Samsung UN55C8000 55" 3D TV Blu-Ray: Samsung BD6900 3D Player AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-32 Amplifier: ADCOM GFA-6000 7.1 Speakers: Polk Monitor 70s (fronts) ~ Polk CS2 (center) ~ Polk Monitor 50s (sides) ~ Polk Monitor 40s (rears) Subwoofer: ED a5-350 Other: XBOX 360 Elite w/ Kinect

Bed Room System: TV: Samsung UN55C7000 55" 3D TV AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-5222 5.1 Speakers: Polk r300s (fronts) ~ Polk CS10 (center) ~ Dayton bookshelves (rear)
Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #22

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
Wow, nice stand and a great set up! That's a LOT of CD storage there! Amazing, I never get tired of looking at the creative set ups that people put together. )
Thanks! With my stand I particularly like how I went with the walnut for the top and bottom only and black for the rest. Is a unique look I think. The ability to mix and match is awesome. Love the modular approach. Going all walnut or all black was just too much for the room I thought. The black matches all my equipment while the walnut still ties the stand in well with the rest of the room.

As for my towering stack of changers...
The 6 changers in my A/V closet house my DVD collection which currently consists of 2,158 DVD's. Still have 242 slots available in my 6th changer which is the one at the top. That should last me for a number of years I'd imagine as I'm only purchasing new seasons of certain TV shows on DVD each year now. Any TV shows I haven't already started collecting on DVD I purchase on Blu-ray instead if available. Everything else I generally rent first, then purchase on Blu-ray if it warrants repeat viewings.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 12-15-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #23

Dec 2009

Well I finally started a gallery. Posted additional pics in my gallery not already offered in this thread. Purchased another Salamander stand recently to house the 6 Sony BDP-CX7000ES Blu-ray changers I purchased from my local Sony Style Store a couple years ago when they were on closeout. Four of the changers have been sitting under my bed all this time. Figured it was about time to crack them open and at least make sure they work! In any event, pics posted to my gallery. Feel free to check them out.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 05-06-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #24

Dec 2009

For anyone interested I posted some additional pics to my gallery providing a "behind the scenes" look at my Sony Blu-ray changer setup per the Salamander Synergy Twin 40 I recently purchased. Enjoy checking out the pics and comments are always welcome of course. Cheers. :-)
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds1834 View Post
For anyone interested I posted some additional pics to my gallery providing a "behind the scenes" look at my Sony Blu-ray changer setup per the Salamander Synergy Twin 40 I recently purchased. Enjoy checking out the pics and comments are always welcome of course. Cheers. :-)
Welcome back .........

I'll take a look
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 05-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #26

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Welcome back .........

I'll take a look
Thanks. Yeah, I finally took the time to start a gallery. In fact, I pulled an all nighter last night getting the serial connectivity up and running for my Sony Blu-ray changers. Took fresh pics today of the finished result. Used my iPad 3 this time rather than my iPhone 4. Pics turned out much better. Feel free to check them out. All that's left to do now is run the USB over CAT6 and HDMI cable under the house to the main viewing room. Probably do that this weekend.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 05-09-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning buddy ........

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, I finally took the time to start a gallery. In fact, I pulled an all nighter last night getting the serial connectivity up and running for my Sony Blu-ray changers. Took fresh pics today of the finished result. Used my iPad 3 this time rather than my iPhone 4. Pics turned out much better. Feel free to check them out. All that's left to do now is run the USB over CAT6 and HDMI cable under the house to the main viewing room. Probably do that this weekend.
Dude....... I checked out the flicks and they are stunning to say the least . Is your complete library loaded ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #28

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning buddy ........

Dude....... I checked out the flicks and they are stunning to say the least . Is your complete library loaded ?
Yeah, my entire DVD/Blu-ray collection is loaded in the Sony changers. My DVD collection which presently is just north of 2,100 discs resides within 6 Sony DVP-CX985V DVD Changers which are pictured in my gallery as well. The DVD changers are located in a small closet in the same room as my Blu-ray changers. All 6 DVD changers fit perfectly on a standard A/V cart, 2 changers per shelf. Only using the Blu-ray changers with my Blu-ray collection right now which spans across the first 2 Blu-ray changers. Have only been collecting Blu-ray discs for the past couple years. Now that I have all 6 Blu-ray changers setup to be used I plan to start purchasing more Blu-ray titles. My original plan when purchasing the 6 Blu-ray changers was actually to replace my DVD changers with them and I may still do that. As Sony discontinued the changers they sell I decided to just keep my DVD changers in place for now only using the Blu-ray changers with my Blu-ray collection.

As far as browsing my DVD/Blu-ray collection, I created an activity called "DVD Juke" years ago when purchasing my first Pronto remote that allows for browsing my collection by any one of 24 genres/categories by cover image, then initiating playback of a given disc. When selecting a particular disc the remote ensures all the needed equipment is powered on and set to their proper source selects, then loading the disc from the particular changer. Loading pages are displayed on the remote while all of this takes place. Just as the selected disc starts to play the remote then takes me to the activity for controlling the particular changer. Screenshots of my "DVD Juke" activity provided below to give you a better idea. For a more comprehensive look feel free to hit up this thread over at Remote Central.

The "Activities" page...
The "DVD Juke" activity is accessed from the "Activities" page shown below.

Entering the "DVD Juke" activity...
When entering the "DVD Juke" activity you are taken to the "Menu" page. From the "Menu" page one can browse my entire DVD/Blu-ray collection by any one of 24 genres/categories. Presently my Blu-ray collection is listed only under the "Blu-ray" category".

The "Index" page...
Once selecting a genre/category you are taken to the "Index" page which provides for jumping to the titles starting with a particular letter. The "Index" page as well as the "Menu" page can be accessed at any time throughout the "DVD Juke" activity via the firm keys or Menu and Guide hard buttons.

Making a selection...
Titles are displayed alphabetically by cover image, 8 per page. Throughout the activity you can touch the screen to navigate and make your selection or use the directional pad/scroll wheel and OK hard buttons instead if you want.

Confirming your selection..
When selecting a title you are taken to it's "Disc Confirmation" page. If the title you select contains more than one disc to choose from you are instead taken to a page or series of pages allowing you to browse and select a particular disc from the title. In the below example I had selected the title, "Flight". Tapping the cover image or pressing the OK hard button at this point would initiate playback of the title.

The feature presentation is about to begin...
Once confirming your selection from the "Disc Confirmation" page the remote displays loading pages as it prepares the system to load and play the selected disc.

On with the show!
As the disc finishes loading and starts to play the last of the loading pages is displayed, then taking you to the activity for controlling the particular changer. Alternatively a settings option is available allowing for the lights to ramp all the way down just as you are taken to the changer activity.

Controlling the changer...
From here obviously you have complete control of the particular changer the selected disc is playing from. Should note as well that I've built lighting options into the "Play", "Stop" and "Pause" functions. When enabled pressing "Play" not only starts or resumes playback, but also ramps the lights all the way down. Pressing "Pause" will pause playback and raise the lighting level just enough that you can see where you are going. Pressing "Stop" will stop playback, then raising the lighting level significantly higher instead. Will mention as well that throughout my configuration file I use the "Power" hard button in the upper left corner as the "Home" button per returning to the "Activities" page. The soft button in the upper left corner acts as the "Home" button as well. This in turn frees up the actual "Home" hard button over to the right for more commonly used tasks as it's positioned over next to the "Menu" and "Guide" hard buttons. In the case of the changer activity shown below the "Home" hard button is used to return to my "DVD Juke" activity. It serves two functions actually. On a normal/short press you'll be taken to the "DVD Juke" activity. On a long/extended press you'll hear a short tone, then be taken to my HTPC activity instead per browsing my Blu-ray collection via My Movies for WMC7 which I eventually plan to use with my DVD collection as well.

Manually selecting a changer activity...
From the "Activities" page the "DVD Changers" activity provides direct access to each changer activity. In fact, I've programmed the remote to remember the last changer activity that was in use, so that you don't have to remember that yourself. Comes in very handy as one might leave a particular changer activity planning to return to it later on to finish watching something. Why have to remember which changer that last disc you were watching happened to be in when the remote can remember that for you!

Last edited by AmishParadise; 05-10-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

That's quite the setup you have there

I love the automation
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 06-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Yeah, my entire DVD/Blu-ray collection is loaded in the Sony changers. My DVD collection which presently is just north of 2,100 discs resides within 6 Sony DVP-CX985V DVD Changers which are pictured in my gallery as well. The DVD changers are located in a small closet in the same room as my Blu-ray changers. All 6 DVD changers fit perfectly on a standard A/V cart, 2 changers per shelf. Only using the Blu-ray changers with my Blu-ray collection right now which spans across the first 2 Blu-ray changers. Have only been collecting Blu-ray discs for the past couple years. Now that I have all 6 Blu-ray changers setup to be used I plan to start purchasing more Blu-ray titles. My original plan when purchasing the 6 Blu-ray changers was actually to replace my DVD changers with them and I may still do that. As Sony discontinued the changers they sell I decided to just keep my DVD changers in place for now only using the Blu-ray changers with my Blu-ray collection.

As far as browsing my DVD/Blu-ray collection, I created an activity called "DVD Juke" years ago when purchasing my first Pronto remote that allows for browsing my collection by any one of 24 genres/categories by cover image, then initiating playback of a given disc. When selecting a particular disc the remote ensures all the needed equipment is powered on and set to their proper source selects, then loading the disc from the particular changer. Loading pages are displayed on the remote while all of this takes place. Just as the selected disc starts to play the remote then takes me to the activity for controlling the particular changer. Screenshots of my "DVD Juke" activity provided below to give you a better idea. For a more comprehensive look feel free to hit up this thread over at Remote Central.

[Show spoiler]The "Activities" page...
The "DVD Juke" activity is accessed from the "Activities" page shown below.

Entering the "DVD Juke" activity...
When entering the "DVD Juke" activity you are taken to the "Menu" page. From the "Menu" page one can browse my entire DVD/Blu-ray collection by any one of 24 genres/categories. Presently my Blu-ray collection is listed only under the "Blu-ray" category".

The "Index" page...
Once selecting a genre/category you are taken to the "Index" page which provides for jumping to the titles starting with a particular letter. The "Index" page as well as the "Menu" page can be accessed at any time throughout the "DVD Juke" activity via the firm keys or Menu and Guide hard buttons.

Making a selection...
Titles are displayed alphabetically by cover image, 8 per page. Throughout the activity you can touch the screen to navigate and make your selection or use the directional pad/scroll wheel and OK hard buttons instead if you want.

Confirming your selection..
When selecting a title you are taken to it's "Disc Confirmation" page. If the title you select contains more than one disc to choose from you are instead taken to a page or series of pages allowing you to browse and select a particular disc from the title. In the below example I had selected the title, "Flight". Tapping the cover image or pressing the OK hard button at this point would initiate playback of the title.

The feature presentation is about to begin...
Once confirming your selection from the "Disc Confirmation" page the remote displays loading pages as it prepares the system to load and play the selected disc.

On with the show!
As the disc finishes loading and starts to play the last of the loading pages is displayed, then taking you to the activity for controlling the particular changer. Alternatively a settings option is available allowing for the lights to ramp all the way down just as you are taken to the changer activity.

Controlling the changer...
From here obviously you have complete control of the particular changer the selected disc is playing from. Should note as well that I've built lighting options into the "Play", "Stop" and "Pause" functions. When enabled pressing "Play" not only starts or resumes playback, but also ramps the lights all the way down. Pressing "Pause" will pause playback and raise the lighting level just enough that you can see where you are going. Pressing "Stop" will stop playback, then raising the lighting level significantly higher instead. Will mention as well that throughout my configuration file I use the "Power" hard button in the upper left corner as the "Home" button per returning to the "Activities" page. The soft button in the upper left corner acts as the "Home" button as well. This in turn frees up the actual "Home" hard button over to the right for more commonly used tasks as it's positioned over next to the "Menu" and "Guide" hard buttons. In the case of the changer activity shown below the "Home" hard button is used to return to my "DVD Juke" activity. It serves two functions actually. On a normal/short press you'll be taken to the "DVD Juke" activity. On a long/extended press you'll hear a short tone, then be taken to my HTPC activity instead per browsing my Blu-ray collection via My Movies for WMC7 which I eventually plan to use with my DVD collection as well.

Manually selecting a changer activity...
From the "Activities" page the "DVD Changers" activity provides direct access to each changer activity. In fact, I've programmed the remote to remember the last changer activity that was in use, so that you don't have to remember that yourself. Comes in very handy as one might leave a particular changer activity planning to return to it later on to finish watching something. Why have to remember which changer that last disc you were watching happened to be in when the remote can remember that for you!

Very cool man!! I can't believe I missed this post. Your xcf file is well put together. I love the design!! I also have been using a pronto for many years now. I use mce controller and mediabrowser frontend for movies. Good to see a fellow pronto user on here. Welcome!
Receiver-Yamaha RXV-3800, Amps- Pass Labs X250, Pass Labs X3, DAC- M2Tech Young, Projector-Epson 8500UB, Screen-Elite 103", Remote-TSU 9600, Towers-Focal Electra 1038be2, Center chan- Focal 1038be, Side surr-Polk Rm6751, Rear surr-Polk FXi3, Sub-Paradigm PW2200 Ver2, DVR-Dish VP622, Console-Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox Kinect, HTPC-Antec fusion black enclosure.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #31

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post
[/SPOILER]

Very cool man!! I can't believe I missed this post. Your xcf file is well put together. I love the design!! I also have been using a pronto for many years now. I use mce controller and mediabrowser frontend for movies. Good to see a fellow pronto user on here. Welcome!
Thanks for the props and way cool that you are a Pronto user too! I knew I couldn't be the only one around here. :-)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #32

Mar 2012

Love the Kappa's. And holy automatic-disk-switching batman! SIX DVD mega changers??
Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #33

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillGehring View Post
Love the Kappa's. And holy automatic-disk-switching batman! SIX DVD mega changers??
6 DVD changers (Sony DVP-CX985V) and 6 Blu-ray changers (Sony BDP-CX7000ES) to be precise. :-) Quite a small footprint for storing and automating playback of 4,800 physical DVD's and Blu-ray's. :-P

Last edited by AmishParadise; 06-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries