COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Predator Bundle (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Justified: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.24

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 07-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #2261
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It's
[Show spoiler]"what about the Hague", not headache!! Hence Sly saying "I am the Hague" when he kills him, which is one of the daftest one-liners I think I've ever heard.
Oh man, I misunderstood that line then. I agree, that really is one of the silliest one liners I have ever heard.
Expendables 3 August 15th 2014
Old Yesterday, 03:32 AM   #2262
Power Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
[Show spoiler]The only issue I have is the recruits are a permanent part of the expendables now. If Sly and the rest of the team plan to come back for another sequel we will have to see them again. I didn't know who any of those younger people were to be honest, I thought they were just annoying and couldn't act.
[Show spoiler]I am indifferent about the younger cast, I didn't hate them but I didn't like them either. I can understand using that concept for the film's plot device, but yeah having them as a permanent part of the expendables crew is a bit of a slap in the face, especially since the expendables isn't and shouldn't be about the next generation.

[Show spoiler]For what its worth I don't think they'll be back because with the PG-13 outrage, the lack of care that kids these days have for the expendables, and especially the leak, its going to seriously damage the box office intake domestically and internationally.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #2263
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2007
Winter Garden, Fl.

The Rock as A Villain for part 4!?!?!?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07/...manual#!bqr2Xq

What do you think? Would he be a good villain??
\m/ (^_^) \m/
Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM   #2264
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocielz View Post

No not at all.
Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #2265
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocielz View Post

He was a good villain in Doom, so I'd be all for it. I don't know if it'll ever actually happen, but I think he could pull it off.
"Poor people are crazy Jack. I'm eccentric."

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Star Wars 12) Jaws 13) Shaun of the Dead 14) Singin' in the Rain 15) Taxi Driver
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #2266
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-21 View Post
[Show spoiler]I am indifferent about the younger cast, I didn't hate them but I didn't like them either. I can understand using that concept for the film's plot device, but yeah having them as a permanent part of the expendables crew is a bit of a slap in the face, especially since the expendables isn't and shouldn't be about the next generation.

[Show spoiler]For what its worth I don't think they'll be back because with the PG-13 outrage, the lack of care that kids these days have for the expendables, and especially the leak, its going to seriously damage the box office intake domestically and internationally.
[Show spoiler]I completely agree, it is a slap in the face and goes against what the films are about. It would have been better if they had less screen time, the old crew is pushed to the side for majority of the screen time and we are left with Stallone and the children. Yeah, this is going to come back on them.
Expendables 3 August 15th 2014
Thanks given by:
Blu-21 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #2267
Power Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Guys I found something really interesting. Listen to this Arnold interview in 1999 from about 17 minutes in. He talks about how he would love to do a group assembly movie like The Magnificent 7/The Dirty Dozen with Sly and other big action stars - http://youtu.be/uBn0cUfSSM4?t=17m3s

of course we now have that now with The Expendables trilogy, however I can't help but feel that it would have been better timing to do it in the late 90's or early 2000's.

Last edited by Blu-21; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #2268

Sep 2013
Quebec, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I didn't mind him. He really wasn't anything more than an extra body for action scenes like Randy Couture is. He did alright when he delivered several lines in a row about his weapons. Rousey, on the other land, sounded bad delivering just one sentence.
Ok but he did nothing, i don't even remember seeing him fight.
I'm a maniac, maniac, blu-ray maniaccccc
And i'm watching BR like I never did before
I'm a maniac, maniac, Blu-Ray Maniac
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #2269

Jul 2014

Hi everybody what is the song at 52 min and 8 sec please ?
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #2270
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Am I missing something here? For those who've seen the movie:

[Show spoiler] Surely the fact that the young 'uns **** up and need to be rescued by the oldies (before they all team up together, natch) is a fakeout on Sly's part? He tried to be smart-arsed with the 'new recruit' routine by killing off whichever Hemsworth that was in EX2, now he's gone in a different direction with it in EX3, by proving that the oldsters still have what it takes.

That said, I think it's also a veiled comment from Sly about HIS own shelf life as a big-screen action hero. He's always been very cute about that sort of stuff and IIRC Rocky Balboa was supposed to be an unnofficial swansong for him as well as the Rocky character, but the unexpected success of that flick put him back on the radar again. (Heck, that whole series is a metaphor for his own rise and fall and rise in the movie biz, and he knows it.)

In other words: unbunch panties. Sly and his old-school Expendables ain't going anywhere.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #2271
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Canada

I think in Expendables 4 they could just
[Show spoiler]1. say the young members are off on their own mission or 2. Have them do a Jet Li scenario and disappear after act 1
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #2272

Jan 2007
Earth

Like there will be an Expendables 4.
Old Today, 12:14 AM   #2273

Mar 2012

I remember when Tarantino was writing Inglourious Basterds he toyed with the idea of using Bruce Willis, Stallone and the old school action heroes. Obviously he changed his mind but shortly after Stallone had The Expendables.

Personally, I loved the concept more than the execution. Stallone said during the making of EX3 they had planned to "out-Raid The Raid".
I thought that meant a frantic, adrenaline fuelled action spectacle with intense gunplay and bone crunching fight scenes.
I guess what he meant was, without subtitles you don't know what anyone's saying.
[Show spoiler]"what about the eggs", "I am the eggs!"
Old Today, 12:20 AM   #2274
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Like Van Damme, rather have him on the team.
It's showtime, folks!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies