Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3)
$16.23
4 hrs ago
Driver: San Francisco (PS3)
$24.03

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3)
$11.99

Persona 5 (PS3)
$28.63

Disney Infinity 3.0 - Star Wars (PS3)
$10.68

NCAA Football 09 (PS3)
$12.71

Minecraft: Story Mode Season Pass Disc (PS3)
$18.75

Drakengard 3 (PS3)
$18.50

Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$3.38

Madden NFL 11 (PS3)
$5.62

Skylanders: Trap Team Starter Pack (PS3)
$12.36

Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
$6.65

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Around
Default BioShock Infinite

Genre: Action / Adventure, First-Person Shooter Players: Single-Player Rating: Pending
Extras: PlayStation Move support, free copy of BioShock on one disc.
Released on Blu-ray Disc: Q2 2012

Welcome to Columbia. With the United States emerging as a world power, the floating City of Columbia is a mighty symbol of American ideals, launched with great fanfare to the cheers of a captivated public. But what begins as an endeavor of hope soon turns to disaster, as the city disappears into the clouds, its whereabouts unknown. The greatest accomplishment in American history has vanished without a trace.

STORY

The player assumes the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to Columbia to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned there since childhood. He will develop a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt will learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.

KEY FEATURES:
  • Superhuman Abilities - DeWitt will possess extraordinary abilities though the use of Vigors and Nostrums, giving him potent powers against the citizens of Columbia.
  • Dynamic Environments - Infinite features a range of environments that will force the player to adapt different weapons and strategies for each situation.
  • The Sky-Line - Take advantage of the Sky-Line, an on-rails freight transportation system designed to give players a greater degree of freedom and combat than ever before.
  • Meet Elizabeth - With Elizabeth, her and Booker can combine powers for unique and powerful attacks.

Credit to GLaDOS for assistance
"Big things have small beginnings...."

Pigeon Boys #04

Last edited by dereksworl; 06-10-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
UK

The trailer blew me away.

More info on GameInformer here and here.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #3

Jul 2010

I want this right now! Bioshock 2 may have been a disapointment but my god does this look good.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jan 2009
MO, USA

*adds BioShock Infinite to wishlist*

PSN: tarboxbagpiper

Latest Plat - LittleBigPlanet 2
Latest 100% PSN Game: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Boosting - Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Platinum Brotherhood Thread
Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

This is from Ken Levine who created the first Bioshock, so it should be awesome.
LG OLED65B6P
Oppo UDP-203
Denon AVR-X4200W
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X
Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Bioshock 2 was a HUGE disappointment for me even when I had relatively low expectations. Rapture in Bioshock 2 was boring and dull with every level looking the same. Only towards the end could the game be at least put in the same galaxy as the first one and those weren't even close to the best parts of the first one.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Old 08-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
Gaming Moderator

Jul 2008
Arkham Asylum

I guess I'm one of the few who loved Bioshock 2.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Power Member

May 2009
The Fissure of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynch View Post
The trailer blew me away.
yeah that is one good trailer.
There are stories of young men stopping to gaze longingly at statues of the beautiful goddesses, only to forget themselves and die of thirst while simply looking on.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #9

Dec 2009
Tokyo PSN:hotsauce2888
Send a message via Skype™ to Denoku
Default Multiplayer Not Guaranteed For Bioshock Infinite

The
Quote:
first BioShock game had no multiplayer mode, a rarity for first-person shooters. BioShock 2, which was overseen by a different creative team, added multiplayer. The series' next game may not, BioShock's original creator told Kotaku.
"Here's what I have to say about multiplayer," Irrational Games creative director Ken Levine said as I broached the topic during an interview with the designer last week in New York City. "It's what we said about BioShock 1: We have not made any determinations about multiplayer.
"I will say that we experiment with things, but for us we are never interested in making a multiplayer mode you could just play in some other game. Because, A) that's not creatively interesting and B), financially, you're wasting your time. They're going to go play Halo. They're going to go play Call of Duty.
"If we do something new — if we do something like Left 4 Dead that has something new to say — people will come to your game. If you don't, don't waste your time."
Over a year ago, Levine was on a panel I co-hosted at the New York Comic Con. He mentioned then, back when his next game was still a mystery to the public, that he was making himself play more multiplayer games, despite typically playing solo games. That does not mean, he said during our Bioshock Infinite interview last week, that he would include multiplayer in Infinite.
"You're not much of a game designer if you can't draw lessons out of A) good games and bad games and B) games that are not really applicable to what you are doing," he said. "You need to look past the surface." The interaction of the lead characters in Left4Dead, for example, inspired the interaction between the two lead characters in the single-player demo of BioShock Infinite that debuted in New York last week.
Multiplayer has been a staple of recent hit games and designs that allow for more than solo-play have become integral to formerly solo-only series as disparate as Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto and Resident Evil.
If BioShock Infinite lacks multiplayer, it will join another rare crowd, the lonely gathering of series like Metroid Prime that added multiplayer for one sequel and then excluded it for the next.
A sound Soul, dwells within a sound mind and a sound body.

Formerly Dark Moses
Old 08-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

just saw the trailer. My jaw dropped. Looks great. And I love the new "Little sister" look. If the girl in blue is the little sister... oooh... What if thats the player?
Game of the Year 2017: Assassin's Creed Origins
Game of the Year 2016: Overwatch
Game of the Year 2015: The Witcher III Wild Hunt
Old 08-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #11

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
just saw the trailer. My jaw dropped. Looks great. And I love the new "Little sister" look. If the girl in blue is the little sister... oooh... What if thats the player?
Yeah, that chick in the blue isn't a little sister, she's the gal you're supposed to go save from Columbia.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #12

Jan 2008
ME

I'll say this , they need to bring back the U-invent machine and the old system of hacking in Bioshock 1
37' inch Panasonic plasma
42' inch Panasonic 1080'p plasma
Wii, 8 games
3 X-Box 360's 20gig(now RRoD) and 2 Arcade units 13 Games
2 PS3's 60G and 80g MGS Bundle , 9 Games 13 Blus
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

I wonder if people will start calling this the "true" sequel to Bioshock
"Film lovers are sick people." - François Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I wonder if people will start calling this the "true" sequel to Bioshock
haha, Well technically, it's a prequel.
PSN ID: ZanFear
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ZanFear.png
Platinums: 60
Favourite video games: Star Wars KOTOR, Star Wars Battlefront 2, GTA 4, Bioshock Infinite, Mortal Kombat series, Uncharted series, God of War series, inFAMOUS, LBP series, Heavy Rain, Goldeneye, Hotline Miami, Rocket League
Favourite films: Star Wars saga, Inception, District 9, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mummy, Goldeneye, The Mask of Zorro, Rush Hour 1&2
Old 08-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #15

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
haha, Well technically, it's a prequel.
Maybe not, no one knows the connections between the two.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #16
Banned

Oct 2008
Montreal, Canada

The game looks awesome.

Day 1 buy for me.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain K View Post
Maybe not, no one knows the connections between the two.
I could have sworn IGN stated what year it was set in and said it takes place before the first 2 games.
Favourite video games: Star Wars KOTOR, Star Wars Battlefront 2, GTA 4, Bioshock Infinite, Mortal Kombat series, Uncharted series, God of War series, inFAMOUS, LBP series, Heavy Rain, Goldeneye, Hotline Miami, Rocket League
Favourite films: Star Wars saga, Inception, District 9, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mummy, Goldeneye, The Mask of Zorro, Rush Hour 1&2
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
I could have sworn IGN stated what year it was set in and said it takes place before the first 2 games.
Ah here we go: http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1111864p1.html

Quote:
The setting for BioShock Infinite may seem even more fantastic and technologically advanced than rapture, but it's set in 1912, years before the events of the first game
Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #19
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom is set a few years before Raiders, yet that's still considered the sequel
"Film lovers are sick people." - François Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #20

Jul 2010

Quote:
Yes, it's true that it takes place in 1912 before the first two games but we still don't know exactly how they're linked together, if they are at all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3