New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Hidden Figures (Blu-ray)
$7.96
Jason Bourne 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Baby Driver (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Fate of the Furious 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Spy (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Wonder Woman 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Logan (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Eddie the Eagle (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gone with the Wind (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City
WBShop Warner 4 Film Favorites

Similar to their DVD line, Warner Brothers will be releasing a "4-Film Favorites" line on Blu-ray. The first wave is currently a Best Buy exclusive, and has an official release date of 5/28/13 (though it may be available right now at some stores).

All movies come with the original discs found in individual releases. They're housed in a standard-size Blu-ray case with stacked disc hubs (2 hubs for 4 discs) and includes a slipcover.

Full List:

Wide Releases

Wave 1 (Release Date: 1/7/14)

Batman Collection (Batman / Batman Returns / Batman Forever /Batman & Robin)
Deep Space Collection (Lost in Space / Red Planet / Mars Attack / Galaxy Quest)
Fantasy Adventure Collection (The Last Airbender / Hugo / The Golden Compass / Inkheart)
Gritty Thrillers Collection (Unknown / Edge of Darkness / Seven / Training Day)
Leonardo DiCaprio Collection (Shutter Island / Blood Diamond / The Aviator / Body of Lies)
Lethal Weapon Collection (Lethal Weapon 1-4) Note:
[Show spoiler]The first batch has had several issues. LW 1 and 2 were the old 2006 versions, instead of the 2012 discs. To make matters worse, some have received Swordfish on their disc instead of LW2. A second batch was released which included the 2012 version of LW2, but still has the old version of LW. There are no issues with the LW3 and LW4 discs. Full detail of the issue can be found here (credit to: blu-ray_girl_fan)

Matthew McConaughey Collection (Magic Mike / Fool's Gold / How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days / Failure to Launch)
Modern Comedy Collection (Wedding Crashers / Horrible Bosses / Hall Pass / Dumb & Dumber)
Romantic Comedy Collection (Sex and the City 1 and 2 / Valentine's Day / New Years Eve)
Sci-Fi Action Collection (I Am Legend / V for Vendetta / Blade / Constantine)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 / TMNT)

Wave 2 (Release Date: 5/6/14)

Tim Burton Collection
(Beetlejuice / Sleepy Hollow / Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Will Ferrell Collection (The Campaign / Old School / Blades of Glory / Semi-Pro)
Colossal Monster Collection (Jack the Giant Slayer / 10,000 B.C. / Cloverfield / King Kong)
Clint Eastwood Action Collection: (Firefox / Absolute Power / The Enforcer / Sudden Impact)

Wave 3 (Release Date: 10/28/14)

Blades and Battles Collection (Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 / Mortal Kombat Legacy / Spawn)
Family Fantasy Collection (Beetlejuice / The Neverending Story / Scooby Doo / Willy Wonka)
The Final Destination Collection (Final Destination 1-4)
Kids & Family Collection (Legend of the Guardians / Where the Wild Things Are / Yogi Bear / Space Jam)
Action Thrillers Collection (Ninja Assassin / Blood Diamond / Domino / Executive Decision)

Wave 4 (Release Date: 1/6/14)
The Matrix Collection (The Matrix / Reloaded / Revolutions / Animatrix)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy Exclusives

Wave 1

Batman Collection (Batman / Batman Returns / Batman Forever /Batman & Robin)
Dirty Harry Collection (Dirty Harry / Magnum Force / The Enforcer / Sudden Impact)
Gritty Thrillers Collection (Unknown / Edge of Darkness / Seven / Training Day)
Kids & Family Collection (Legend of the Guardians / Where the Wild Things Are / Yogi Bear / Space Jam)
Lethal Weapon Collection (Lethal Weapon 1-4) Note:
[Show spoiler]The first batch has had several issues. LW 1 and 2 were the old 2006 versions, instead of the 2012 discs. To make matters worse, some have received Swordfish on their disc instead of LW2. A second batch was released which included the 2012 version of LW2, but still has the old version of LW. There are no issues with the LW3 and LW4 discs. Full detail of the issue can be found here (credit to: blu-ray_girl_fan)

Modern Comedy Collection(Wedding Crashers / Horrible Bosses / Hall Pass / Dumb & Dumber)
Sci-Fi Action Collection (I Am Legend / V for Vendetta / Blade / Constantine)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 / TMNT)

Wave 2 (Release Date: October 1st)

Action Thrillers Collection (Ninja Assassin / Blood Diamond / Domino / Executive Decision)
DC Comics Collection (Watchmen / Jonah Hex / Losers / A History of Violence)
Family Fantasy Collection (Beetlejuice / The Neverending Story / Scooby Doo / Willy Wonka)
The Final Destination Collection (Final Destination 1-4)
Guy Comedies (Harold and Kumar 1 and 2 / A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas / Beerfest)
The Matrix Collection (The Matrix / Reloaded / Revolutions / Animatrix)
Romantic Comedy Collection (Sex and the City 1 and 2 / Valentine's Day / New Years Eve)
Blades and Battles Collection (Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 / Mortal Kombat Legacy / Spawn)

Here's a pic of what the sets look like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarmanks View Post
i just bought the Batman collection BBy exclusive and they had like 4 more collections with slipcover
[Show spoiler]

Last edited by MifuneFan; 05-07-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Thanks given by:
mapsapjap7 (05-01-2014)
Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

Odd that Dirty Harry is five films. No love for The Dead Pool.
Thanks given by:
mapsapjap7 (05-01-2014)
Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guydowood View Post
Odd that Dirty Harry is five films. No love for The Dead Pool.
Yeah, Warner did the same for the DVD release too

Old 05-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Not sure I like the idea that Blu-Ray is gonna do stack hubs too, and only Batman excites me out of this batch, but I love multi-features, so I approve.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 05-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

So I guess Lethal Weapon is missing the bonus disc.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Does anyone yet know if the Lethal Weapon discs are the new or the old transfers?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Stacked disc hubs equals no sale for me. Not after having to deal with the disasters of some of the Disney releases with them. I would have considered the Turtles one at some point too.

I would have skipped the Lethal Weapon one even if they included the new disc for the first movie (I want the bonus disc), but like others have said, it's an odd choice either way.
Last Watched: Wonder Woman 3D
Last Bought: Being There | Hopscotch | Rebecca
PSN ID and Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 05-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #8
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Like the idea, don't care much for those movies.
TV: LG OLED65C6P Projector: BenQ 1080st
Old 05-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #9
Special Member

Feb 2011

What do the spines of these suckers look like?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #10
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Szyslak View Post
What do the spines of these suckers look like?
There's a pic of the Batman one in the op:

[Show spoiler]
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
-
-

According to the signage I saw this afternoon, the display that has these should be up until 7/6.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

I'll be hitting my local Best Buy later today, they have them in.

I plan to at least pick up the Batman Collection, which I have been dying to get since the Anthology Set, but never got around to.

At some point I will grab the TMNT Collection, but I think that will be it for me.

Im definitely curious to see what future 4-Film Favorites they update, probably only the ones that feature film currently on BD. I can't see them doing, say the Hammer - Dracula Collection. But that would be fantastic.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #13

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
According to the signage I saw this afternoon, the display that has these should be up until 7/6.
so that means u&s starts 7/7.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
Banned

Feb 2013
Canada

Stacked discs are the worst. How hard is it to get one of those separator cases? They can't be that much more expensive.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #15

Mar 2010
Default Lethal weapon 2 disc problems

I wanted the 4 film Lethal weapon set but I was disappointed to find out that in four *separate* copies, the LW2 disc contained the 'Swordfish' movie not LW2. Clearly a BIG misprint at the factory.

I advise people to not waste their money. Did any one get the Lethal Weapon set and get the right LW2? It has the right art on the disc face but it's not the right film!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goedken View Post
I wanted the 4 film Lethal weapon set but I was disappointed to find out that in four *separate* copies, the LW2 disc contained the 'Swordfish' movie not LW2. Clearly a BIG misprint at the factory.

I advise people to not waste their money. Did any one get the Lethal Weapon set and get the right LW2? It has the right art on the disc face but it's not the right film!
I'm telling you guys, just order the REGION FREE Lethal Weapon Collection from Amazon UK for the same price shipped. You won't be disappointed.
"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."- Tyler Durden
Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #17

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
I'm telling you guys, just order the REGION FREE Lethal Weapon Collection from Amazon UK for the same price shipped. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks! Just did...
Old 05-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #18

Jan 2010
North Carolina

I can also tell you the managers do read those surveys. The manager in Fayetteville, N.C., called and talked to me for 20 minutes about how he, too, was upset Best Buy had downgraded their Blu/DVD stock and that he and some other managers were trying to work with corporate to at least make the section better organized and stock some catalog titles. Apparently their distributor SUCKS so there will be zero if any niche titles and tons of DTV crap.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by willh51 View Post
I can also tell you the managers do read those surveys. The manager in Fayetteville, N.C., called and talked to me for 20 minutes about how he, too, was upset Best Buy had downgraded their Blu/DVD stock and that he and some other managers were trying to work with corporate to at least make the section better organized and stock some catalog titles. Apparently their distributor SUCKS so there will be zero if any niche titles and tons of DTV crap.
Anderson is the problem. None of the employees at my local store like them whatsoever. Also, if you ask one of the Anderson folks where a title is they just stare at you blankly.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #20
Expert Member

Nov 2010
U.S.A.
Default Really?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goedken View Post

Yep I just put it in to see and it's Swordfish. Taking this back to Best Buy tomorrow and letting them know to take these off the shelves. Very displeased right now!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America