Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #861
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogoosedmoose41 View Post
at $65 + per season who can afford it.. big TNG fan but I already paid a boatload for the DVD versions when they came out. now if they got around say $50 / season I might think about it... theres always black Friday though.
The first couple of seasons already went down to $49 for a short while. Did you miss that sale? Watch for it again. These sets are so worth it.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #862
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
okay but that's 10 000 in the first week - what is the total so far?
More than 10,234? But of course, only CBS has the true totals for everything. I'm afraid all we can do is get little crumbs of information via the-numbers.com and homemediamagazine.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
you have to take these totals with a grain of salt too
True, and I certainly am. Check the second half of my reply to Cap.T in post #853.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbess View Post
Hmmm. That's lower than I would have thought. But that's just the US, right? There are probably something like equal sales from the rest of the world.
Yep, these are only U.S. numbers.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #863
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

I think re-releaseing the dvds didn't help either. I can bet more than one person grabbed that thinking they were remastered as well.

studios not tell the truth? dude, you've been watching too many consipracy shows. what kind of organization would intentionally lie about how well or how poorly something is doing? oh wait, we are talking Hollywood. never mind.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #864

Jul 2012
West Columbia, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbess View Post
The first couple of seasons already went down to $49 for a short while. Did you miss that sale? Watch for it again. These sets are so worth it.
I always thought "sales" are bull... people feel good for getting 40% and such, because, yes, it does save money... but a lot of these things are marked up and the sale is just the original price...

I usually wait until the release date, when I know I have the money and the price is reasonable...

Most costs are heavily influenced by the subject they happen to be, just look at Trek merchandise... a coffee mug is easily $15+, simply because it has "Star Trek" on it...
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out." - Richard Dawkins

"Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one." - Richard Dawkins

See my animation thread here

Last edited by Chris2005; 10-22-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #865

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
And I thought it was more than a little unfair of Guinan to place the responsiblity for Sela on Picard's head, talking to him with an almost accusatory tone, when it was she who persuaded Tasha that she was out of step with the universe, and Tasha took it upon herself to request the transfer to the C.
Guinan has her moments but for the most part I find her self righteous. I never quite get why everyone one the ship opens up to her. I think I even prefer Neelix as far as bartenders go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
I have been waiting a long time now for someone to explain to me how Tasha going back with the C makes any sense whatsoever. Either she should have disappeared the moment they went back, or she should never have reappeared in the first place.
I don't quite get your meaning. She simply goes back with the C and ends up in the main timeline. Why would she disappear?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #866
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Guinan has her moments but for the most part I find her self righteous. I never quite get why everyone one the ship opens up to her. I think I even prefer Neelix as far as bartenders go.
Neelix was a cook, not a bartender.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #867

Jul 2012
West Columbia, SC

I actually liked Guinan...

This really touched me:

Replaced it with a smoother video.
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out." - Richard Dawkins

"Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one." - Richard Dawkins

Last edited by Chris2005; 10-22-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #868

Oct 2011

That is pretty touching!
4K? Really? Why? 720P looks pretty good projected @ 120"!!! I haven't seen 1080P(projected), but I imagine it's GREAT!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #869
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2005 View Post

This really touched me:
Whoopi Goldberg touched by student's message - YouTube

+++!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #870
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY
Default We need more reviews for Next Gen S4

So far I'm the only person to have written a consumer review for the 4th season for blu-ray.com. Come on Star Trek fans, how about a few more reviews....

Here's mine that I posted a few months ago:

"benbess - Aug 09, 2013
50% Voted

Movie:4.5
Video:4.5
Audio:4.5
Extras:4
Overall:4.5

another excellent release of this TV classic

The basic idea of Star Trek on TV is this: each episode is a small sci fi movie of above average intelligence. And the two-parters really are like movies. The show was a huge hit, and by the fourth season they were working on all cylinders, with strong screenplays, great performances, very good FX, interesting sets, Emmy-award winning costumes, and Emmy-award winning make-up. A lot of talent went into this show, both in front of and behind the camera. But until this remaster we were seeing it through a glass darkly, because the final output on video often was a blurry muddy mess.

With these amazing remasters we can finally see this show as it was meant to be seen. The PQ is outstanding, as is the surround sound.

Tired of dystopian end-of-the-world sci fi films that all seem the same? The cure for that is Star Trek, which deals with difficult themes in an optimistic and problem-solving way.

Need a show that you can watch with your whole family, even kids? Star Trek again fits the bill.

Outstanding show, reborn for the 21st century. Buy it."

Last edited by benbess; 10-30-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #871

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

I watched the Redemption standalone release last night. I love going back to an episode after a couple of years, as I watch so much that I cant always remember everything.....the main gist of the story yes, but not all the little details. Loved revisiting Data's first assignment as Captain of his own ship and look foward to jumping into the exclusive special features tonight.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #872
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

I like the standalone 2 parters because they don't have that cheesy, "Last time on Star Trek" intro things.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #873

Jul 2012
West Columbia, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPom View Post
I like the standalone 2 parters because they don't have that cheesy, "Last time on Star Trek" intro things.
Most shows with 2 parters have those...

Old 10-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #874
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Quote:
Most shows with 2 parters have those...
I know that, but the Majel Barrett voice over sounds so cheesy because they try to make it sound like you are watching a Captain's Log or something.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #875

Sep 2013

Quote:

This really touched me:
Whoopi Goldberg touched by student's message - YouTube

Just beautiful <3 thank you so much for sharing this video!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #876
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
I have been waiting a long time now for someone to explain to me how Tasha going back with the C makes any sense whatsoever. Either she should have disappeared the moment they went back, or she should never have reappeared in the first place.
ever watch Back to the Future Part 2? same thing. She existed because history was changed so everything from the moment the Enterprise-C disappeared is different than what it was supposed to be. let the effects trickle down and the Enterprise was never at the planet where she died so she exists. This is the universe if the Enterprise-C had disappeared and no one knew it was at the planet. as for how she went back in time, she still existed because she came from a legit timeline. Until the Enterprise-C went back in time, the Yesterday's Enterprise world was the real universe so she was a real person. This is where things get tricky - because she was actually alive before the Enterprise-C disappeared(as a child), she could still exist when it returned to the past because she can claim that past just the same as the Tasha who died in season 1. or it is possible that the rift protected everyone on the ship the same way it protected the Enterprise-E in First Contact when the Earth was suddenly borgified. or time travel just allows you to go back to the past. it is tough to say why since we don't really know how time travel works but there are several theories that explain why she would survive and exist. pick the easy one - the rift just protected everyone.

it is kind of funny but really Guinan is at fault for Sela. Had she not told Tasha about her death, Tasha would never have asked to go to the Enterprise-C and Sela would never have been born. If it had been anyone other than Guinan who told Tasha, Picard would never have sent her over - he did because of what Guinan told her. so really, Picard isn't to blame or at least not entirely.

My only complaint with Redemption is that the jump from Part 1 to Part 2 is rough. Where was BOBW 2 picks up right where BOBW 1 ended(or at least is supposed to, again why cut staight to the deflector firing?), Part 2 doesn't so the cut from Sela to the ships is awkward. but I watched it again a couple night ago and am finding that I like it more now than I did when I first saw it back in the 90's.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #877

Jul 2012
West Columbia, SC

I posted a short review on Amazon, where I purchased it.

Not very in depth though...

Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #878
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Future Imperfect comparison, SD to HD. Produced by TrekCore.com. Best watched full screen at 720 or higher....

Old 03-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #879
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Old 04-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #880
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

SD to HD comparison First Contact:

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America