Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the move (after you have seen it)
One Star 4 1.59%
Two Stars 5 1.98%
Three Stars 15 5.95%
Four Stars 82 32.54%
Five Stars 146 57.94%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 AM   #961
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace112096 View Post
i hope tarantino puts waltz in his next movie
I'm sure he will. Waltz and Sam Jackson are his "lucky charms" if you will.
"Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."-Tyler Durden
Old 03-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #962
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

Gonna cross $160 million (US and North America) and prob. get close to $400 million Worldwide this weekend!
Gonna check it out again today.
Such a great film. Really think it might be Tarantinos best
Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #963
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

Officially over $400 million Worldwide:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $161,095,000 40.1%
+ Foreign: $241,100,000 59.9%
= Worldwide: $402,195,000
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #964
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
Officially over $400 million Worldwide:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $161,095,000 40.1%
+ Foreign: $241,100,000 59.9%
= Worldwide: $402,195,000
Where is that guy who said it was going to flop now?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #965
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Where is that guy who said it was going to flop now?
Someone actually believed that would happen?
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #966
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Canada

Third best of 2012!!
♪ LONG LIVE THE NOTE!! ♪ LET'S GO BLUES!! ♪
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #967
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

'Django Unchained' Becomes First Quentin Tarantino Movie Released in China

"China meet Quentin.

"Django Unchained" will premiere in the People's Republic of China on April 11, Sony Pictures said Wednesday. The antebellum revenge thriller will be the first Quentin Tarantino movie ever to debut in China.

That means the Chinese are in for a whole lot of Blaxploitation and Spaghetti Western references along with a healthy dollop of the old ultra-violence. The film has grossed $402 million worldwide so far, $80 million more than Tarantino's next highest grossing film, "Inglourious Basterds." It also earned a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for star Christoph Waltz.

Sony Pictures has handled the international rollout of the hit film, which is a co-production between The Weinstein Company and Sony Pictures."

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...ed-china-81131
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #968
Special Member

Jan 2009

Ennio Morricone on working with Tarantino:

Quote:
“I wouldn’t like to work with him again, on anything,” Morricone told students in a music, film and television class at Rome’s LUISS University, according to Italian media reports Friday. “He said last year he wanted to work with me again ever since Inglourious Basterds, but I told him I couldn't, because he didn’t give me enough time. So he just used a song I had written previously.”

Tarantino is frustrating to work with, Morricone said, observing that the two-time Oscar winner “places music in his films without coherence" and "you can't do anything with someone like that."

Morricone said he saw Django Unchained but was not impressed: "To tell the truth, I didn't care for it," he said. "Too much blood."
SOURCE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...rantino-428954
Old 03-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #969

Feb 2012
Germany

That article doesn't make much sense. They claim "Morricone and Tarantino actively worked together on Inglourious Basterds, Tarantino’s 2009 reinterpretation of the end of World War II, and on both installments of the Kill Bill franchise." As far as I know, some Morricone stuff from the 60s was re-used for Kill Bill and Tarantino wanted him to do the score for Basterds but he wasn't available. I wouldn't call that "actively working together".

Morricone recently clarified some of his statements:

Quote:
What I read about my statements on Quentin Tarantino is a partial writing of my thoughts which has deprived the true meaning of what I said, isolating a part from the rest. In this way my statement sounds shocking, penalizing me and bothering me a lot.

I have a great respect for Tarantino, as I have stated several times, I am glad he chooses my music, a sign of artistic brotherhood and I am happy to have met him in Rome recently. In my opinion, the fact that Tarantino chooses different pieces of music from a work in a film makes the pieces not to be always consistent with the entire work.

The risk for me, when I compose, is not to be consistent with the film work and my desire is that the director accepts my consistency.

Tarantino proposed me to work for Inglorious Basterds, which I consider a masterpiece, but I could only had two months to work since I had to compose the soundtrack for “Baaria” directed by Giuseppe Tornatore and it was not possible.

Regarding Django, the thing is that I cannot see too much blood in a movie due to my character, is how I feel and impress me especially with a film that is made very well and where the blood is well shot. But this has nothing to do with my respect for that Tarantino which remains great.
(insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/18/ennio-morricone-is-not-feuding)
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #970
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I watched this movie on Saturday and I am impressed by it. I really enjoyed the acting of Leonardo DiCaprio and especially Christoph Waltz. A very unique and interesting story. I was surprised to see
[Show spoiler]Jonah Hill and Samuel Jackson
in the movie.
I voted 5 stars.
"Sometimes i hate that chaos surrounds me,
when all the answers that i seek are around me,
am i drowning, am i fading away,
or am i living up to all your dreams that make me this way"

song: drowning by crazy town [album: gift of game/2002]
Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #971
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

this is really lame:

China pulls 'Django Unchained' on day of premiere

By DIDI TANG | Associated Press – 5 hours ago

"BEIJING (AP) — "Django Unchained" became "Django Unscreened" on Thursday as Quentin Tarantino's violent slave-revenge saga was pulled from Chinese theaters on its opening day, with the importer blaming an unspecified technical problem.
The rare suspension order by China Film Group Corp. was confirmed by theater employees throughout China, and has led to speculation that the Hollywood film could have run afoul of Chinese censors despite weeks of promotion in the country.
Calls to the importer and to China's regulatory agency, the State Administration of Radio Film and Television, were unanswered. The China office of Sony Pictures, which released the film, refused to comment.
"Django Unchained" reportedly cut some violent scenes and had already been cleared by China's rigorous censors, who generally remove violence, sex and politically edgy content. With such an exacting system, suspension on a film's premiere date is unusual.
Tian Zaixing, general manager of the Beichen Fortune Center movie theater in the southern city of Kunming, said he could not recall any other imported film being halted on the opening day. The order from China Film Group came in a phone call around 10 a.m., he said.
"We were excited about the film yesterday," he said. "We had had high expectations for this film's box office."
Tian said he had hoped the movie would bring about one-tenth of the monthly box office, or about 150,000 yuan ($24,000), to his six-screen theater in April. Now, he must scramble to fill newly opened slots for screening.
"This means we might not be able to meet our box-office goal for the year," Tian said.
The cited technical reason might only be a ruse, said Tian, who was unable to provide an alternative explanation.
He dismissed speculation that a nude scene was the offending culprit.
"The censors have sharper eyes than we do," Tian said. "Shouldn't they have already spotted it?" He added the scene was not lewd at all but powerful in making the audience sympathetic toward one character.
The film stars actors well known to the Chinese audience: Leonardo DiCaprio as a plantation owner and Jamie Foxx as a freed slave who trains to become a bounty hunter and demands his wife's freedom.
It made more than $160 million at the North American box office and has proved successful overseas as well. China has risen to the second-biggest movie market with sales of $2.7 billion last year, according to the Motion Picture Association of America.
A man who is on the official promotional team for the film but refused to give his name because of the perceived sensibility of the issue said there had been no prior warning about the suspension and that the film's midnight premiere was unaffected.
Photographer Xue Yutao said he was about one minute into the movie at a Beijing theater Thursday morning when a couple of theater employees walked in and told the audience that the screening would be postponed. The announcer did not give a reason or say when the movie would be re-shown, Xue said.
"It was so sudden. I was very shocked," Xue said. "How could this be possible? Something like this has never happened before."
Xue said he resorted to a pirated copy of the film and did not see anything that would have offended Chinese censors.
"I'm not a noble man," the photographer said of his viewing of pirated movies. "I would still prefer to see it in the theater."
Old 11-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #972
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

This is coming out in a week.

Very excited for it as it will have lots of scenes that were cut from the film and never before seen
Buy/Sale/Trade
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=13688
New UV codes for sale or trade :Have:Anchorman 2/ wolf of wall street / Nebraska/ Mandela/ Homefront UV/ Oldboy SD UV from DVD/ Gravity/Riddick/DIANA (vudu)/Machete 2/Fruitvale Station
Want:Diary of a Wimpy kid uv/ Far and away uv
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #973
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

movies been out for a year...unless I'm missing something
(Pre-)ordered: Alice in Wonderland SB / American Hustle / Beetlejuice SB / CA:TWS SB / Frozen 3D Kimichi SB / Robin Hood SB / The Wolf of Wall Street SB / V for Vendetta SB
For Sale/Trade: Lady & the Tramp UK w/slip + TLM US 2D w/3D slip / Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Lady & the Tramp & Dumbo Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients
Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #974
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
movies been out for a year...unless I'm missing something
It's the comic based on the script.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #975
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

doesnt say that on the picture and looks exactly like the movies posters ...thanks for clearing it up
(Pre-)ordered: Alice in Wonderland SB / American Hustle / Beetlejuice SB / CA:TWS SB / Frozen 3D Kimichi SB / Robin Hood SB / The Wolf of Wall Street SB / V for Vendetta SB
For Sale/Trade: Lady & the Tramp UK w/slip + TLM US 2D w/3D slip / Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Lady & the Tramp & Dumbo Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients
Old 11-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #976
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Exiled on Main Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
This is coming out in a week.

Very excited for it as it will have lots of scenes that were cut from the film and never before seen
Yes, but will it take at least two hours to read it?
"Jesus, what's with all the greed here? It's unattractive." - Uncle Jack
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies