Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #2861
bmsmcr bmsmcr is offline
Senior Member
 
bmsmcr's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Florida (Originally Pennsylvania)
185
43
10
19
Default

I don't have a problem with the season sets, I've been enjoying them for what they are. I'm hoping that Dragon Ball and GT get some love soon on blu-ray. A re-release of a movie set would be pretty awesome too.
VIZIO M-Series 32" Class Full Array LED Smart TV (New 2014 Model) 1080p - 120 Hz
Dynex™ - Wi-Fi Built-in Blu-ray Player
Sony BRAVIA DAV-HDX265 5.1 Home Theater System
Xbox One - 500 GB
PlayStation 4 - 500 GB
Xbox 360 - 250 GB
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #2862
alvarez468 alvarez468 is offline
Expert Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
476
66
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmcr View Post
I don't have a problem with the season sets, I've been enjoying them for what they are. I'm hoping that Dragon Ball and GT get some love soon on blu-ray. A re-release of a movie set would be pretty awesome too.
I really want dragon ball on blu too.
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #2863
madridista8700 madridista8700 is offline
Expert Member
 
madridista8700's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Denmark
99
7
Send a message via MSN to madridista8700
Default

Season 7 and 8 are ordered!
What the hell is a dim mak?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #2864
deado deado is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2007
Australia
2
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridista8700 View Post
Season 7 and 8 are ordered!
Looks like Season 8 came out today, but it is still $38 on Amazon, a bit hot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #2865
ShamelessFanGirl ShamelessFanGirl is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ShamelessFanGirl's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Kentucky
183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
I really want dragon ball on blu too.

As long as FUNimation released Dragon Ball in its original 4:3 aspect ratio then I would gladly get them. If not, then I will stick buying the Blue Bricks and the Dragon Ball Movie Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #2866
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1243
3
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
I really want dragon ball on blu too.
So right now there is no good release of Dragon Ball Z on blu in the US correct?

The current release is cropped or no? And Kai is missing the filler?

Confused as they have released it multiple times.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #2867
ShamelessFanGirl ShamelessFanGirl is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ShamelessFanGirl's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Kentucky
183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
So right now there is no good release of Dragon Ball Z on blu in the US correct?

The current release is cropped or no? And Kai is missing the filler?

Confused as they have released it multiple times.
The current release for DBZ is cropped. As for Kai it does contain some filler but the rest is removed. Hope this helps
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #2868
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1243
3
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
The current release for DBZ is cropped. As for Kai it does contain some filler but the rest is removed. Hope this helps
It does...

So right now I guess the best ones to buy if I were to buy it would be the ones release now correct?
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:00 AM   #2869
ShamelessFanGirl ShamelessFanGirl is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ShamelessFanGirl's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Kentucky
183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
It does...

So right now I guess the best ones to buy if I were to buy it would be the ones release now correct?
That depends on what you are looking for. If you want Kai you can buy the Parts but 1-4 are very expensive because they are out of print. However, you can buy the Season Sets which are a cheaper option but it is really up to you in the end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #2870
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1243
3
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
That depends on what you are looking for. If you want Kai you can buy the Parts but 1-4 are very expensive because they are out of print. However, you can buy the Season Sets which are a cheaper option but it is really up to you in the end.
Thanks, I might hold out in the hopes Funi release a none cropped version. Which probably won't ever happen.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #2871
Scarface32 Scarface32 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Scarface32's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
New York
437
258
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
As long as FUNimation released Dragon Ball in its original 4:3 aspect ratio then I would gladly get them. If not, then I will stick buying the Blue Bricks and the Dragon Ball Movie Collection.
I was so disappointed by that set. It was a blind buy and I figured it would be unique, like how the DBZ movies are. They were all rehashes of the TV series, but with small story/plot changes. They are about 90% exactly the same; if you've seen all five seasons of Dragon Ball, then you pretty much seen the movies.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #2872
ShamelessFanGirl ShamelessFanGirl is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ShamelessFanGirl's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Kentucky
183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Thanks, I might hold out in the hopes Funi release a none cropped version. Which probably won't ever happen.
Sadly, I don't think we will ever see a proper release of DBZ in its original 4:3 aspect ratio or with the colors being right. Granted, the Season Sets are okay, they aren't perfect but they are definitely a step above the Orange Bricks which were a HORRIBLE release. The cropping is decent, but the inconsistency with the colors and the audio are the biggest down fall of these releases.

Honestly, if are looking for a good DBZ release I would recommend Kai. It is in the orginal 4:3 aspect ratio, the animation is very well done, the colors are really nice. Both the pacing and the dialogue is better. The only issue that most people have this version of DBZ is the fact they changed some of the voice actors (Bulma, Android 18, Gohan and Frieza) and also, there is no Bruce Faulconer score but honestly I don't find either of things that big of deal. Okay, when I first started watching it I had problems with them but after watching a few episodes it really didn't bother me anymore.

If you haven't watched it yet, Toonami is going to be premiering the episodes on November 8, 2014 at 12am. They will be completely uncut and you can see for yourself if the series is right for you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I was so disappointed by that set. It was a blind buy and I figured it would be unique, like how the DBZ movies are. They were all rehashes of the TV series, but with small story/plot changes. They are about 90% exactly the same; if you've seen all five seasons of Dragon Ball, then you pretty much seen the movies.
I use to own Path to Power but ended up selling it because I wanted to get the Movie Set because I have never seen the other movies and the only way you can get them now is I believe in this box set. I don't think you can buy them individually on DVD can you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #2873
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Contributor
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
138
466
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
Sadly, I don't think we will ever see a proper release of DBZ in its original 4:3 aspect ratio or with the colors being right. Granted, the Season Sets are okay, they aren't perfect but they are definitely a step above the Orange Bricks which were a HORRIBLE release. The cropping is decent, but the inconsistency with the colors and the audio are the biggest down fall of these releases.

Honestly, if are looking for a good DBZ release I would recommend Kai. It is in the orginal 4:3 aspect ratio, the animation is very well done, the colors are really nice. Both the pacing and the dialogue is better. The only issue that most people have this version of DBZ is the fact they changed some of the voice actors (Bulma, Android 18, Gohan and Frieza) and also, there is no Bruce Faulconer score but honestly I don't find either of things that big of deal. Okay, when I first started watching it I had problems with them but after watching a few episodes it really didn't bother me anymore.

If you haven't watched it yet, Toonami is going to be premiering the episodes on November 8, 2014 at 12am. They will be completely uncut and you can see for yourself if the series is right for you.




I use to own Path to Power but ended up selling it because I wanted to get the Movie Set because I have never seen the other movies and the only way you can get them now is I believe in this box set. I don't think you can buy them individually on DVD can you?
Rightstuf still sells the 1st movie seperately with an English dub that makes it sound like if there was a Kai version of Dragonball (since the original English dub I don't think is included). (No pun intended with the Japanese name for DBZ Kai).
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 AM   #2874
kidglov3s kidglov3s is offline
Special Member
 
kidglov3s's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
Sadly, I don't think we will ever see a proper release of DBZ in its original 4:3 aspect ratio or with the colors being right. Granted, the Season Sets are okay, they aren't perfect but they are definitely a step above the Orange Bricks which were a HORRIBLE release. The cropping is decent, but the inconsistency with the colors and the audio are the biggest down fall of these releases.
I disagree, and name the noise reduction/filtering that obliterates all fine detail as the biggest reason why these sets are pointless.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Dragon Ball Z Season 1-9 in Blu-ray!! Wish Lists tabikakasun 19 12-25-2012 06:03 PM
Dragon ball kai blu-ray Asia Luka 24 05-23-2011 04:52 PM
Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray??? Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology JBowen 2 12-22-2007 08:20 PM
Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray Blu-ray Movies - North America DealsR4theDevil 11 10-23-2007 08:23 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 AM.