Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #2861

Mar 2012
Florida (Originally Pennsylvania)

I don't have a problem with the season sets, I've been enjoying them for what they are. I'm hoping that Dragon Ball and GT get some love soon on blu-ray. A re-release of a movie set would be pretty awesome too.
VIZIO M-Series 32" Class Full Array LED Smart TV (New 2014 Model) 1080p - 120 Hz
Dynex™ - Wi-Fi Built-in Blu-ray Player
Sony BRAVIA DAV-HDX265 5.1 Home Theater System
Xbox One - 500 GB
PlayStation 4 - 500 GB
Xbox 360 - 250 GB
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #2862
Expert Member

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmcr View Post
I don't have a problem with the season sets, I've been enjoying them for what they are. I'm hoping that Dragon Ball and GT get some love soon on blu-ray. A re-release of a movie set would be pretty awesome too.
I really want dragon ball on blu too.
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
Old 10-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #2863
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Denmark
Send a message via MSN to madridista8700

Season 7 and 8 are ordered!
What the hell is a dim mak?
Old 10-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #2864

Sep 2007
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridista8700 View Post
Season 7 and 8 are ordered!
Looks like Season 8 came out today, but it is still $38 on Amazon, a bit hot.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #2865
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post

As long as FUNimation released Dragon Ball in its original 4:3 aspect ratio then I would gladly get them. If not, then I will stick buying the Blue Bricks and the Dragon Ball Movie Collection.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #2866

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
So right now there is no good release of Dragon Ball Z on blu in the US correct?

The current release is cropped or no? And Kai is missing the filler?

Confused as they have released it multiple times.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #2867
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
So right now there is no good release of Dragon Ball Z on blu in the US correct?

The current release is cropped or no? And Kai is missing the filler?

Confused as they have released it multiple times.
The current release for DBZ is cropped. As for Kai it does contain some filler but the rest is removed. Hope this helps
Old 10-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #2868

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
The current release for DBZ is cropped. As for Kai it does contain some filler but the rest is removed. Hope this helps
It does...

So right now I guess the best ones to buy if I were to buy it would be the ones release now correct?
My WTB's HERE

Old 10-29-2014, 02:00 AM   #2869
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
It does...

So right now I guess the best ones to buy if I were to buy it would be the ones release now correct?
That depends on what you are looking for. If you want Kai you can buy the Parts but 1-4 are very expensive because they are out of print. However, you can buy the Season Sets which are a cheaper option but it is really up to you in the end.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #2870

Dec 2009

Quote:
That depends on what you are looking for. If you want Kai you can buy the Parts but 1-4 are very expensive because they are out of print. However, you can buy the Season Sets which are a cheaper option but it is really up to you in the end.
Thanks, I might hold out in the hopes Funi release a none cropped version. Which probably won't ever happen.
My WTB's HERE

Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #2871
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
As long as FUNimation released Dragon Ball in its original 4:3 aspect ratio then I would gladly get them. If not, then I will stick buying the Blue Bricks and the Dragon Ball Movie Collection.
I was so disappointed by that set. It was a blind buy and I figured it would be unique, like how the DBZ movies are. They were all rehashes of the TV series, but with small story/plot changes. They are about 90% exactly the same; if you've seen all five seasons of Dragon Ball, then you pretty much seen the movies.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #2872
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Thanks, I might hold out in the hopes Funi release a none cropped version. Which probably won't ever happen.
Sadly, I don't think we will ever see a proper release of DBZ in its original 4:3 aspect ratio or with the colors being right. Granted, the Season Sets are okay, they aren't perfect but they are definitely a step above the Orange Bricks which were a HORRIBLE release. The cropping is decent, but the inconsistency with the colors and the audio are the biggest down fall of these releases.

Honestly, if are looking for a good DBZ release I would recommend Kai. It is in the orginal 4:3 aspect ratio, the animation is very well done, the colors are really nice. Both the pacing and the dialogue is better. The only issue that most people have this version of DBZ is the fact they changed some of the voice actors (Bulma, Android 18, Gohan and Frieza) and also, there is no Bruce Faulconer score but honestly I don't find either of things that big of deal. Okay, when I first started watching it I had problems with them but after watching a few episodes it really didn't bother me anymore.

If you haven't watched it yet, Toonami is going to be premiering the episodes on November 8, 2014 at 12am. They will be completely uncut and you can see for yourself if the series is right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I was so disappointed by that set. It was a blind buy and I figured it would be unique, like how the DBZ movies are. They were all rehashes of the TV series, but with small story/plot changes. They are about 90% exactly the same; if you've seen all five seasons of Dragon Ball, then you pretty much seen the movies.
I use to own Path to Power but ended up selling it because I wanted to get the Movie Set because I have never seen the other movies and the only way you can get them now is I believe in this box set. I don't think you can buy them individually on DVD can you?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #2873
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Sadly, I don't think we will ever see a proper release of DBZ in its original 4:3 aspect ratio or with the colors being right. Granted, the Season Sets are okay, they aren't perfect but they are definitely a step above the Orange Bricks which were a HORRIBLE release. The cropping is decent, but the inconsistency with the colors and the audio are the biggest down fall of these releases.

Honestly, if are looking for a good DBZ release I would recommend Kai. It is in the orginal 4:3 aspect ratio, the animation is very well done, the colors are really nice. Both the pacing and the dialogue is better. The only issue that most people have this version of DBZ is the fact they changed some of the voice actors (Bulma, Android 18, Gohan and Frieza) and also, there is no Bruce Faulconer score but honestly I don't find either of things that big of deal. Okay, when I first started watching it I had problems with them but after watching a few episodes it really didn't bother me anymore.

If you haven't watched it yet, Toonami is going to be premiering the episodes on November 8, 2014 at 12am. They will be completely uncut and you can see for yourself if the series is right for you.

I use to own Path to Power but ended up selling it because I wanted to get the Movie Set because I have never seen the other movies and the only way you can get them now is I believe in this box set. I don't think you can buy them individually on DVD can you?
Rightstuf still sells the 1st movie seperately with an English dub that makes it sound like if there was a Kai version of Dragonball (since the original English dub I don't think is included). (No pun intended with the Japanese name for DBZ Kai).
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 AM   #2874
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
I disagree, and name the noise reduction/filtering that obliterates all fine detail as the biggest reason why these sets are pointless.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime