Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Psycho Biddy Double Feature: Strait-Jacket / Berserk! (Blu-ray)
$8.39
14 hrs ago
Nightwing / Shadow of the Hawk (Blu-ray)
$8.79

Jurassic World (Blu-ray)
$7.88
14 hrs ago
The Incredibles 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.85

Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (Blu-ray)
$19.04
15 hrs ago
The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #1

Jul 2011
Default Perversion Story coming from Mondo Macabro

U.S. label Mondo Macabro has detailed its upcoming Blu-ray release of cult Italian director Lucio Fulci's thriller Perversion Story a.k.a. One On Top of the Other (1969). The release will be available for purchase this summer.

Please note that the label will have two different editions of the film available for purchase: an early Limited Edition (red case) and standard edition.

Synopsis: In a controversial career that flayed every envelope of cinematic excess, nothing can prepare you for this stunning thriller from the infamous director of Zombie and The Beyond.

Jean Sorel (Belle De Jour) stars as an arrogant San Francisco doctor trapped between his sultry mistress (Elsa Martinelli of Blood And Roses) and an amoral stripper (Marisa Mell of Danger: Diabolik) who bears an uncanny resemblance to his recently deceased and possibly murdered wife. What follows has been called Fulci's first true masterpiece, where sexual obsession, cruel deception and depraved murder all come together in one unforgettable Perversion Story.

John Ireland and Faith Domergue co-star in this gripping giallo - also known as One on Top of the Other - that features eye-popping nudity, provocative locations (including the gas chamber at San Quentin) and a badass jazz score by Riz Ortolani (Mondo Cane, Kill Bill).

Special Features and Technical Specs:
HD presentation of the longer, 108 minute "European cut" of the film
English or Italian opening credits options
English or Italian with optional English subtitles language track options
BRAND NEW interview with actor Jean Sorel
BRAND NEW interview with actor Elsa Martinelli
BRAND NEW interview with critic Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
Original trailer
Mondo Macabro previews

*The numbered limited edition will feature a slipcover, a new thinner red case, a 12 page booklet with new writing on the film by Roberto Curti, and 8 postcard reproductions of the German lobby cards and poster for the film
Blu-ray Wishlist: Twentieth Century (1934), My Man Godfrey (1936), Bringing Up Baby (1938), Holiday (1938), Midnight (1939), My Favorite Wife (1940), Ball of Fire (1941), The Lady Eve (1941), Arsenic and Old Lace (1944), Sorry, Wrong Number (1948), The Furies (1950), Magnificent Obsession (1954), There's Always Tomorrow (1956), Written on the Wind (1956), Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971), The Stepford Wives (1975), Private Benjamin (1980), Protocol (1984)
Thanks given by:
Brutalizer79 (06-15-2018), Undeadcow (06-16-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 12:42 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014
Maryland

Looking forward to this but I think it's funny how every Fulci movie I own on Bluray claims to be his true masterpiece. Well, maybe not A Cat in the Brain..
My 2017 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJhzKIvmDlI
Thanks given by:
bluesparrow (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #3

Mar 2018

This is one Fulci I've never seen, so I'll certainly be buying this. While he certainly went downhill around the mid-80's, pretty much everything he made before that [that I've seen/bought] ranges from pretty good to very good indeed. Still an overlooked filmmaker in my view.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Looking forward to this but I think it's funny how every Fulci movie I own on Bluray claims to be his true masterpiece.
Well, maybe not A Cat in the Brain..
Especially considering BEATRICE CINCI is Fulci's peak crowning achievement
( in the historical / exploitation drama genre ).

P STORY is fun, and stylish ,and sexy.
Also a bit dated ( but a magnificent time capsule of the location ) and it's plot mechanics creak.
Very much a late 60's film, and not like the giallo films that would be popular a year plus later.
Still, almost all of this still works in the film's favor. So great MM are adding this title to their roster.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #5

Jun 2013

Man, for a second I thought you said Perversions of Science. I was super hyped. Now I'm bummed.....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America