Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 07-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #241
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
In the late '90s, he said he wanted to make "Mallrats 2: Die Hard in a Mall." In it, Shannon Hamilton would take the whole mall hostage after breaking out of prison.
I heard him say that on the Anniversary DVD commentary. I'm sure he was joking though.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012

A Mallrats 2 at this point would be much more interesting than a Clerks 3 considering many malls accross the country are on life support and have become the equivalent of the dirtmall from Mallrats.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #243
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I heard him say that on the Anniversary DVD commentary. I'm sure he was joking though.
I don't think so... Remember, he is making a movie about Justin Long being sewn into a walrus costume.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #244

Feb 2014

Harvey could offer a million reasons why he passed on Clerks III, but at the end of the day, something tells me this is why he passed:

Thanks given by:
stephenwilson04 (07-25-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #245

Sep 2012
Hilly valley, CA

Kevin Smith keeps saying "once Jeff Anderson signs on." I doubt it's because of financing. Kevin has made numerous films for under 2 million bucks & that was when he was shooting on film. Digital is 100x cheaper now.

Clerks has been "announced" on iMDB for months. If they were discussing financing then it would be in Pre-production. Cast needs to sign on first. Jeff's iMDB said he just did an small indie film called "Finding London." Maybe he's going back to his roots after all this time off?
This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #246

May 2010
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTF_ View Post
Kevin Smith keeps saying "once Jeff Anderson signs on." I doubt it's because of financing. Kevin has made numerous films for under 2 million bucks & that was when he was shooting on film. Digital is 100x cheaper now.

Clerks has been "announced" on iMDB for months. If they were discussing financing then it would be in Pre-production. Cast needs to sign on first. Jeff's iMDB said he just did an small indie film called "Finding London." Maybe he's going back to his roots after all this time off?

It's not about upfront financing, it's about the actors getting paid.

Jeff Anderson's holdout is because they're owed money from the profits of previous films.

I can't recall if Kevin mentions it in the above video (I've seen it, but it was a while ago), but he has talked about the only reason Jeff agreed to do Clerks II, was because Kevin gave him his cut.

In a nutshell, the main players - Kevin, Jeff, Jay Mewes, and Brian O'Halloran, all got X amount upfront to do Clerks II. Jeff wasn't keen because of money still owed by either Miramax or TWC (depends on the movie). Kevin said, OK, how about if I give you my cut, and he did - so essentially Jeff got paid double, and Kevin made Clerks II for free (as far as upfront money goes).

They're owed money on the back-end - most of which comes from DVD sales, etc - but the studios in question aren't coming through. It's typical Hollywood accounting.

Smith & Mosier have talked on their podcasts about instigating audits on them as he knows his films have turned profits after the fact.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #247
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTF_ View Post

Partly what the previous post said. Jeff is no longet holding out. Everyone (Brian, Jeff, Jason, Kevin, Rosario, Trevor) is on board. Its just that Harvey and Bob refuse to ind it and Kev feels like he's way too rich to use Kickstarter.

I imagine that he will use some of the profits from Tusk, AntiClaus, & Yoga Hosers to fund Clerks 3.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #248
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Motes View Post
Harvey could offer a million reasons why he passed on Clerks III, but at the end of the day, something tells me this is why he passed:

2011 Comic-Con: Kevin Smith Talks Red State at Private Press Conference Part 2/5 - YouTube
I am looking forward to Clerks III, as CLerks II is my favorite from him.

But I have kind of soured on Smith and his act over the years. Not a fan of Red State, and tusk just looks silly to me. Although I'm hoping it'll surprise me. Hopefully he'll make Clerks sooner than later.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #249
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Remember when Kevin Smith said Clerks 2 was going to his final film?
It's showtime, folks!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #250
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Thanks to ‘Tusk’, Kevin Smith Has Funding for ‘Clerks III’

Like almost all Kevin Smith films, Tusk has been incredibly polarizing. I found myself in the middle of the road, seeing great promise in a film with some major problems. Some loved the audaciousness of Smith’s horrific tale, while others just hated everything about it. Smith himself is very proud of Tusk, calling it the closest thing he’s ever done to what he imagined he’d be making as a filmmaker.

The box office tended to agree with the haters. Over its opening weekend, Tusk only grossed on $1.4 million in over 600 theaters, pretty much guaranteeing a certain cult status.

The legacy of Tusk is already paying dividends, however. The project lead to a friendship between Smith and Johnny Depp, and spinning Tusk off into Yoga Hosers. Plus, in a new podcast, the director also revealed Tusk gave financiers confidence to give him money for Clerks III.

Smith revealed the news on the latest episode of Hollywood Babble-On.

Here’s the quote itself:

Quote:
Tusk was the absolute bridge to Clerks III. Because of Tusk I got my financing for Clerks III. A year and change ago I was desperately trying to get Clerks III made for the 20th anniversary and that desperation — I must have reeked of it because I couldn’t f–king find money and shit. But it was Tusk, people going ‘Holy f–k, what else do you have?’ and I was like Clerks III and they’re like ‘Done.’ So, everybody that’s like, ‘He failed, he failed,’ I’m like ‘Thank you, I failed into Clerks III.’
He’s referring to the fact The Weinstein Company, which has financed many of Smith’s films, passed on the sequel a few months back. He then put it on the back burner to make a few other films.

On the podcast, Smith doesn’t reveal who the new financier is, but The Wrap reminds us, last year, he said he’d hoped to start shooting in May. There’s no word if the new financing has changed the timeline of his upcoming films but, odds are, audiences probably won’t see the final adventures of Dante and Randall until 2016. The poetry there is Clerks III would be ten years after Clerks II.

Are you surprised Smith got the money for Clerks III?
Slashfilm
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Thanks given by:
yeslek (10-02-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #251
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012

Is Tusk already VOD? If that's the case 1.4 million isn't really that bad of a haul. Not a huge success, but not a disaster either.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #252
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Sounds awesome. I hope to see Clerks III in the next few years. But make it good Kevin.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #253

Apr 2011
NY

I live on Staten Island which seems to have the largest land fill anywhere - as dubious a credit that is I wish Kevin Smith would make a movie with Seth Rogan so that credit could transfer.
Samsung 55" OLED KN55S9C
Marantz SR7008, Marantz NR 1601
Oppo BDP-103
11.2 System w/Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum Tactile Transducer, Mirage Speakers (2)OMD-15, (6) OMD-5, OMD-C1, (2) Nanosat® Prestige
Axiom Subwoofer EP600
X-Box One, WiiU
Old 09-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #254
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditcin View Post
I live on Staten Island which seems to have the largest land fill anywhere - as dubious a credit that is I wish Kevin Smith would make a movie with Seth Rogan so that credit could transfer.
Zack and Miri? Or did you like that one? Haters gotta hate, I suppose.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #255
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
Sounds awesome. I hope to see Clerks III in the next few years. But make it good Kevin.
It'll be good. It made Mewes and O'Halloran cry.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #256

Mar 2012

Quote:
The legacy of Tusk is already paying dividends, however. The project lead to a friendship between Smith and Johnny Depp, and spinning Tusk off into Yoga Hosers.
Smith and Depp were already friends before Tusk. Smith mentioned a couple of times in his podcast that they met through their daughters who are close friends.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies