Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Unfriended (Blu-ray)
$19.88
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #321

Feb 2011
Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Oh.....that's right, customs Well hopefully you will be able to get a bottle somehow. GG works like a charm

What are you using now to remove stickers?
Nothing

I've had the luxury of not having a lot of Walmart and Best Buy stickers to deal with. However, I recently managed to get some of those Fox poster slips from Walmart and I don't want to ruin the them.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:04 AM   #322

Jul 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I never bothered to keep them, but I've been keeping the ones on my recent purchases.

Upper shelf: No slipcover

Lower shelf: With Slipcover

Old 07-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #323

Feb 2011
Sydney

For any Australians out there, I found something called Orange Power: Sticky Spot & Goo Dissolver. Guess it's our version of Goo Gone and it works a treat. Managed to remove Walmart stickers without too much hassle, although I ruined two slips by accident - one because I used too much, and the other because I used too little.
Thanks given by:
hidef al (07-12-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #324

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
I really wish Fox would use something better if they insist on stickers. My Wild came today and I can't get the residue off, and my Goo Gone is in storage because I just moved. It shouldn't be this difficult to remove stickers without ruining the slip.
The last 2 Fox blu-rays I purchased had that stupid digital copy sticker that was a pain to get off. And in getting it off with Goo-Gone, it caused a crease to form in the bottom.

I don't understand why is there a need to put a digital copy sticker when it says on the top of the slip, "Blu-ray + Digital HD"?
Old 07-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #325
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Улбар шар өнгийн

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurhythm View Post
For any Australians out there, I found something called Orange Power: Sticky Spot & Goo Dissolver. Guess it's our version of Goo Gone and it works a treat. Managed to remove Walmart stickers without too much hassle, although I ruined two slips by accident - one because I used too much, and the other because I used too little.
Cool! Glad you found something similar to GG Sorry to hear about the two slips that you ruined. How are you adding Orange Power to the slips?
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions

R.I.P. ironsmile35
Old 07-13-2015, 03:17 AM   #326

Feb 2011
Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Cool! Glad you found something similar to GG Sorry to hear about the two slips that you ruined. How are you adding Orange Power to the slips?
I'm dipping a Q-tip into the bottle and painting over the stickers with it. The lid on the bottle doesn't make for easy pouring. I think I've gotten the hang of it though and am pretty happy with the results.

I have noticed it's not good for getting rid of leftover residue though, but if it doesn't have a gloss finish, I can easily get rid of it using the tape trick. I never ever use tape (especially Scotch) on something with gloss though because it strips the finish.

One of the slips I ruined I applied the stuff onto the remaining sticky and what was left of the paper and it didn't really work. In fact, once the residue was gone, it left a stain and took out some of the paint as well.

The one I didn't use enough of basically left a massive patch of paper behind, and it just became impossible to remove without damaging it.

Looks like the trick is to 'colour in' the sticker, making sure it gets to the edge but doesn't spill over. Haven't quite worked out exactly how much I need to leave no sticky residue after though.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:31 AM   #327
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

it's interesting to think about--- box stores complain about the internet taking away sales but....

I did not buy a film last week at Target because their stupid security cases had ruined all 3 copies of a blu ray I wanted...

and I don't buy any movies with slip cases at Best Buy because they also ruin the covers!!
Thanks given by:
Futurhythm (07-13-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #328

Jun 2011
Wuhan, China // Leeds, United Kingdom SteelBooks™:15 Slipcovers:26

It's all about using the right stickers. Why stores don't use easy peel ones is beyond me. But then again, these are the people that open video games, sling the disk and instruction manual into a cupboard and call it new.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #329

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post
it's interesting to think about--- box stores complain about the internet taking away sales but....

I did not buy a film last week at Target because their stupid security cases had ruined all 3 copies of a blu ray I wanted...

and I don't buy any movies with slip cases at Best Buy because they also ruin the covers!!
Haha, I remember when I asked for a sealed copy of DMC4 and they didn't have one. Your loss, he said. No, I'll get it on Amazon for less, probably. Oh the look on his face. He just didn't understand.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #330
Expert Member

Feb 2013
American Midwest

Not arguing with you guys at all, but I can understand why stores want their price stamps to be hard to remove. Frustrating as it is, it makes a certain amount of old-school retail sense to me.

Why Fox is shipping out slips direct with impossible to remove product advertising and other feature tags is a whole 'nother matter though.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #331

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrian View Post
Not arguing with you guys at all, but I can understand why stores want their price stamps to be hard to remove. Frustrating as it is, it makes a certain amount of old-school retail sense to me.

Why Fox is shipping out slips direct with impossible to remove product advertising and other feature tags is a whole 'nother matter though.
Often, though, blurays are security tagged anyway. And the price is displayed on the shelving. There are always better ways of doing things. When I worked in retail, I tried to keep games sealed as much as possible... but the other staff didn't understand why. Many people only see a disk. The rest is disposable.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #332

Jul 2009

Quote:
Glad to finally hear someone else who gets it. This will continue to be a larger concern as the market for physical media becomes more collector-centric as the masses watch their compressed streaming movies.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #333

Jul 2013

I got Ex Machina at Best Buy and it took me awhile but I got the white sticker off the upper right corner but it left sticky residue. I tried over several days to get rid of it but I couldn't get it done. I stopped trying for a couple of days then decided to try again. I wound up ripping a one inch strip of the slipcover off so I had to throw it in the trash because it was ruined. Out of several dozen slipcovers this was the first one I ever screwed it up. For some reason it was stickier than normal. That happened a few days ago and it pissing me off because it's still in the trash can near my computer. It's like it's haunting me. Good thing that the can is almost full.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers