Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Phantasm Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Hacksaw Ridge (Blu-ray)
$12.99
A Cure for Wellness (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Seven Days in May (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.96
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Bad Moms (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Inquisition (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$50.78
Guardians of the Galaxy (Blu-ray)
$15.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_Dut View Post
4k, 16k, 32k, it's all a lot of hoopla. Blu-ray is as far down this road I am going to go. With dvd still the dominant home format, anything past blu-ray seems like it's targeting a really small market.
Agreed. 1080p Blu Ray is my "good enough" threshold. I have no desire to upgrade yet AGAIN.
Why would anyone eat a 3 Musketeers bar? Milky Way is the exact same thing, only with caramel and everything is better with caramel!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #22

Sep 2016
Michigan USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78deluxe View Post
So in 30 years are homes are going to be larger? That is the only justification for higher resolution, sitting in front of a larger screen farther away.

4K projectors with a 120 inch screen are already way larger than 99.9% of home theaters can handle with the proper viewing distance.

Sitting 4 feet away from a 65 inch tv does not allow you to see the entire image clearly, your vision cannot have all of the screen in focus.

??? I think you are misunderstanding my post. Ultra screen will surely exist at large sizes for theatres of course. Home maybe 10 12 ft screens at most. I can see 8k coming from screens that big. Other benifits are surely coming as well. Wait till Native 3d Holography. You'll see 33+k on something in 30 years.
Gamers, Astronomers, photographers, Hell even video editors have a need for much higher resolution. I think we'll reach a part of time where in 10-12 years flat screens will be obsolete.

As for now I am more then pleased with whats out there, but I have an idea of whats coming or will be coming. So naturally I will upgrade overtime.
The Serious Horror Collector and Supporter
Vestron, Scream Factory, Arrow, Vinegar Syndrom, Severin, Code Red
Wishlist
Sundown a Vampire in retreat, Rawhead Rex, There's Nothing out there, Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3, The Gate 2,The Keep, Necronomicon, Dust Devil, Space Truckers, Stay Tuned, 976 Evil 1& 2, Texas Chainsaw Massacre; The Next Generation, Cast A Deadly Spell, Witch Hunt, Project Metal Beast, The Cellar, The Unholy, Xtro, Split Second, Monster In The Closet, Dead Alive
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #23

Nov 2008
Warwickshire, UK

Loving how people flip flop opinions instead of been honest on this site,, some of you should re-read previous threads. Doesn't espouse great confidence either in you're memory or longitudinal thinking guys.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=284305
Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #24

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunZenBomZ View Post
Loving how people flip flop opinions instead of been honest on this site,, some of you should re-read previous threads. Doesn't espouse great confidence either in you're memory or longitudinal thinking guys.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=284305
I'm with Brad1963 in the link you have provided . He is holding out for the 401K format, . Funny as Hell .
7.2 Denon 4520c.i. AVR, Samsung 47" 1080P HDTV, Monster HTS-1600, AMD Custom Built Computer/Media Player, Polk Audio RTi 12 Speaker's-Main's, Polk Audio CS-2 Center, JBL ES 80 Speaker's Surround, Polk Monitor 60 Surround Back, Acoustech 12" PL 200 Sub, Polk Audio 10" PSW 110 Sub, Sony BDP 570-SACD, Panasonic BDP 360 2.0 Onkyo 809 AVR, Polk Audio Monitor 70s, Audio Technica AT-LP-120
HOLD ON, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND NEVER SURRENDER
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology