Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Falling Skies: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Ultimate Laika Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
$159.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 AM   #721

Jan 2013
IL

Ok so I'm watching the film with the audio commentary track and at 25:53 the sound goes completely silent. It doesn't resume till 26:20. I watched the movie yesterday with the normal 5.1 dts track and the audio played fine. Curious if there's an issue with my disc or not. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:28 AM   #722

Nov 2009
Central, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarinsteven View Post
Ok so I'm watching the film with the audio commentary track and at 25:53 the sound goes completely silent. It doesn't resume till 26:20. I watched the movie yesterday with the normal 5.1 dts track and the audio played fine. Curious if there's an issue with my disc or not. Any help is appreciated.
Damn! That happens on my disc too.

Update: Okay, good news. I popped in the old pre-2013 DVD, the commentary indeed does stop at 25:53, and resumes at 26:20 like on the Blu-ray. However, the Blu-ray slightly, slightly cuts off after he says the word "beer." and makes it sound like an abrupt cut. Thankfully, no commentary is actually missed and no words are spoken during this timeframe on the DVD either. It just is cut weird and the audio level makes it sound like a glitch. If I have time, I'll pull out the LaserDisc to confirm, but I'd assume it's the same.

Last edited by LimeiBook86; 08-15-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #723

Jan 2013
IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeiBook86 View Post
Damn! This happens on my disc too. Thankfully I have the LaserDisc and DVD of the film so I can I guess listen to that to see what is missing... but... that's disappointing. They really couldn't have someone watch the whole thing with commentary once before releasing it?
UPDATE!

No need to worry actually. Just put in my dvd copy, and the commentators don't speak during that part and others spots that go silent on the blu-ray commentary. Just strange how on the blu-ray the audio goes completely silent whereas on the dvd the actual film soundtrack is still present.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #724

Nov 2009
Central, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarinsteven View Post
UPDATE!

No need to worry actually. Just put in my dvd copy, and the commentators don't speak during that part and others spots that go silent on the blu-ray commentary. Just strange how on the blu-ray the audio goes completely silent whereas on the dvd the actual film soundtrack is still present.
Yeah, must have been an audio glitch. Glad that crisis was averted!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #725
Expert Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumny View Post
There are a few. If I have to cite one example, I'd go with the painfully obvious CGI crowd in the end.
It's a given that it's a magnificent looking film because it's Disney, I just meant it wasn't as visually innovative compared to TLK and Pocahontas.

Gotta say by the way, best climax in a Disney movie ever.. It was just so unexpectedly epic!
Similar to Mulan in that respect ... Mulan was absolutely stunning and rock solid on stylistic confidence ... but meh on the story side.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #726

Apr 2016
San Antonio, TX
Send a message via Skype™ to maniac89

Is there any possibility for a standalone release on Blu-ray & Digital HD in the near future, without the DTV sequel at all?
Old 05-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #727
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac89 View Post
Is there any possibility for a standalone release on Blu-ray & Digital HD in the near future, without the DTV sequel at all?
I wouldn't count on it.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #728

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac89 View Post
After Mulan and Pocahontas, there's a chance. How soon though, I don't think any of us could say.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #729
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardback247 View Post
I have something important to ask. I've been trying to get a hold of someone named LimeiBook86 for a few weeks now. He sent me a private message saying he has an ISO file for the Hunchback of Notre Dame laserdisc. I sent him a few replies back over time, but he still hasn't responded yet. Will someone please help me out?
It's really strange they didn't include the Laserdisc extras with the blu ray. It's the least they could do! They included the shitty sequel, but not these.

I too want to get a hold of these now. They should release a 20th anniversary version with them on!

A nice person uploaded most of the video features to Youtube, but the concept art is missing:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB5...esourceChannel
Old 06-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #730

Nov 2009
Central, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac013 View Post
It's really strange they didn't include the Laserdisc extras with the blu ray. It's the least they could do! They included the shitty sequel, but not these.

I too want to get a hold of these now. They should release a 20th anniversary version with them on!

A nice person uploaded most of the video features to Youtube, but the concept art is missing:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB5...esourceChannel
I agree it's stupid this content is not on the Blu-ray. I doubt Disney will ever release it. But fear not... send me a PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #731
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Do you guys think there's a chance of an anniversary edition released this year??
Old 06-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #732

Jun 2012

Quote:
Do you guys think there's a chance of an anniversary edition released this year??
If they do, it will probably just be a DMC exclusive that only adds a digital copy and drops the sequel.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #733
Special Member

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

Quote:
Probably not. They don't care about this film enough to even slap the "20th anniversary edition" label on a normal release.
For every laugh, there should be a tear. - Walt Disney
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America