Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.91
Mud (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love & Mercy (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #2081
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
For those who're upset about not getting free shipping, the shipping cost is only $1.99 for any size order. $1.99 is practically nothing, compared to what other online merchants are charging for shipping, especially if you're ordering multiple Blu-rays or DVDs. It's well worth it!
Agreed. It's not worth it if you're only buying 1 movie, but if you're buying multiple movies, $1.99 is reasonable for shipping.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #2082

Sep 2010

new $5 off 50 code - ZYXCUWGA
Thanks given by:
Arlington (07-24-2015), MrTwoArms (07-24-2015), NoirFan (Yesterday), themp3000 (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #2083
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by frakking toaster View Post
new $5 off 50 code - ZYXCUWGA
Thanks! I'll add that to the OP.

The only 2 updates I see today are Survivor added for $9.99 and Run All Night dropped to $8.49.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #2084
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
Agreed. It's not worth it if you're only buying 1 movie, but if you're buying multiple movies, $1.99 is reasonable for shipping.
There isn't a online or a local retailer that offers Free Shipping for any size item on a regular basis, unless there is a promotion for a limited time. Otherwise a shipping and handling fee is charged! If there is local Family Video store in town, just go there and buy the movie(s) in person, then you don't have to pay a shipping fee. GoHastings charge $1.98 for shipping per item. Buy 5 movies from GoHastings and you'll be paying $9.99 for shipping, vs $1.99 from Family Video.

Last edited by slimdude; 07-24-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #2085
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
There isn't a online or a local retailer that offers Free Shipping for any size item on a regular basis, unless there is a promotion for a limited time. Otherwise a shipping and handling fee is charged! If there is local Family Video store in town, just go there and buy the movie(s) in person, then you don't have to pay a shipping fee. GoHastings charge $1.98 for shipping per item. Buy 5 movies from GoHastings and you'll be paying $9.99 for shipping, vs $1.99 from Family Video.
It's not really the actual cost that's the issue, it's the fact that if you buy just 1 title, most of these aren't worth $9.00 used. But at $7 they are a bit more enticing.

Besides, the savvy shopper knows PLENTY of ways to get free shipping from a variety of online retailers.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Thanks given by:
disneywildcat (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #2086
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

Quote:
If there is local Family Video store in town, just go there and buy the movie(s) in person, then you don't have to pay a shipping fee.
Not only that, but prices are generally much cheaper in store. The stores usually have a pretty good inventory to choose from.

Some of these blu-ray titles are $2.95 or two for $5!

Quote:
GoHastings charge $1.98 for shipping per item. Buy 5 movies from GoHastings and you'll be paying $9.99 for shipping, vs $1.99 from Family Video.
Hastings charges $1.29, so it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. Especially if you're just ordering one item. But if you're ordering multiple, yes, it adds up quickly.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #2087
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
ND, USA
Default Family Video Thread

Quote:
There isn't a online or a local retailer that offers Free Shipping for any size item on a regular basis, unless there is a promotion for a limited time. Otherwise a shipping and handling fee is charged!

Target.com offers free shipping for any size order (and 5% off) for Redcard customers, and it's been going on for quite a while now. Granted, you have to either open a Redcard (credit or debit) account, but at least there's no recurring cost (unlike Amazon Prime) and Target's return policy is equal to Amazon in terms of BDs.

Now back to discussing Family Video deals.

Last edited by disneywildcat; 07-24-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #2088
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
It's not really the actual cost that's the issue, it's the fact that if you buy just 1 title, most of these aren't worth $9.00 used. But at $7 they are a bit more enticing.

Besides, the savvy shopper knows PLENTY of ways to get free shipping from a variety of online retailers.
That's if free shipping is offered as a promotion, but if not then you will have to pay for it, rather if you're a savvy shopper or not. When available, free shipping is offered to everybody, not just specifically for savvy and regular customers.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #2089
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
Target.com offers free shipping for any size order (and 5% off) for Redcard customers, and it's been going on for quite a while now. Granted, you have to either open a Redcard (credit or debit) account, but at least there's no recurring cost (unlike Amazon Prime) and Target's return policy is equal to Amazon in terms of BDs.

That's the catch! What if a person don't want to open another credit or debit account, if they already have other major credit and debit cards. Beside a 5% discount is really not that much of a savings at all because, you'll be paying that back (and more) for tax on the item(s).

Last edited by slimdude; 07-24-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #2090

Jan 2012

no matter how i look at it family video is cheaper than amaazon
lower prices and no sales tax in my state
i pay tax when i buy from amazon
Old 07-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #2091

Jun 2012
Northern VA

Quote:
That's the catch! What if a person don't want to open another credit or debit account, if they already have other major credit and debit cards. Beside a5% discount is really not that much of a savings at all because, you'll be paying that back (and more) for tax on the item(s).
redcard debit card requires just a voided check (and no hard pull, obviously), as it's linked to your debit account and transactions come in as ach push/pull. and hey i'll take 5% off at target before tax to maybe 2% back after tax after using my citi doublecash. i'd rather spend less money in the first place than get cash back (although obviously i don't get the 30+ days to pay it like i would with my credit card). every little bit counts, even if it's just a wash after you throw in sales tax.
Thanks given by:
disneywildcat (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #2092

Nov 2012
Almost Heaven

My order finally showed up from the free shipping offer.

Into the Woods - with slip
Paddington
Jupiter Ascending

All retail.
Let's Go Mountaineers!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:02 PM   #2093
Power Member

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post

Quote:
That's the catch! What if a person don't want to open another credit or debit account, if they already have other major credit and debit cards. Beside a 5% discount is really not that much of a savings at all because, you'll be paying that back (and more) for tax on the item(s).
Target card does come in handy though when they have deals and you don't have a Target within 2 hours of where you live.
Just last month they had a box set sale and I got Wild Wild West: The Complete Series (26 Discs) for $27.99 ($28.19 after tax and discount). Them offering free shipping and stuff Amazon doesn't always price match is the only reason I have one.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #2094

Aug 2009

Got my 3 already. Interstellar was 2 disc and it and American Sniper came with slips.

Last edited by sbaker44; 07-26-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #2095
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

New used titles:

- Maggie $9.99
- Gunman $9.99

I might be interested in buying those 2 when it drops to either $8.49 or $6.99.
strong sexual desire
pleasure, delight
enthusiasm, eagerness

definitions of lust
Thanks given by:
MrTwoArms (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 02:21 AM   #2096
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
New used titles:

- Maggie $9.99
- Gunman $9.99

I might be interested in buying those 2 when it drops to either $8.49 or $6.99.
I rented Maggie and wasn't really all that impressed with it. I mean, it was alright, but I honestly don't see me buying it unless I can get it cheap. Like $5 or less cheap.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:30 AM   #2097

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
I rented Maggie and wasn't really all that impressed with it. I mean, it was alright, but I honestly don't see me buying it unless I can get it cheap. Like $5 or less cheap.
Just saw it tonight. It was good, but considering that it was $12.99 release week, I think it'll be pretty cheap soon enough.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM   #2098

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiwan24 View Post
Yup. FREESHIP is working, used it earlier today to get Interstellar & Lucy. Thanks MrTwoArms
For those keeping score, mine showed up last week. Lucy had a slipcover and Interstellar was 2 discs, no dvd but it did have the film cell.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals