Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Judge (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Monsters, Inc. (Blu-ray)
$13.99
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 01-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #3861
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

My Sopranos arrived from the 12/28 Lightning Deal -- shipped Royal Mail 12/29 estimated Delivery 1/20, fairly appropriate size box with the paper packing. Some fairly minor corner dings, but looking at the packing and outer box, I suspect this pre-shipping.

My House Boxset (LD 12/28, shipped 12/29, est del 1/15)) with tracking number via I-Parcel (grimace) was still floating around somewhere in the UK the last I saw. Arrived GRIMBERGEN (Belgium) 12/29, arrived/left Surrey (UK) 1/2.

My reading of early I-parcel (apparently some sort of UPS spinoff) feedback reads like I may miss DHL Global who lost 2 of the 6 things I ever got from them and never came close to delivery estimated times ( average 3.5wks) . Why can't they just use Royal Mail for all their shipments -- fast (average 7 business days), reliable, never had a packaged lost of delayed from them. If Royal Mail had some sort of Tracking number they'd be perfect.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:24 AM   #3862
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology 1978-2006 [Blu-ray] [1978] [Region Free]

8.99 on Amazon UK, which calculates out to 10.57 shipped. With a Foreign Exchange Free card and better exchange rate than Thanksgiving/Xmas that's now down to $16USD shipped

Disc 1: Superman: The Movie - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 2: Superman: The Movie - Expanded Edition
Disc 3: Superman II - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 4: Superman II - Donner Director's Cut
Disc 5: Superman III - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 6: Superman IV - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 7: Superman Returns
Disc 8: Additional Bonus Material

(borrowed from Ring of Honor's last thread -- see how long this lasts before it's exiled to the B forum)
Old 01-09-2015, 02:00 AM   #3863

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner xxx View Post
my misfits set just arrived!

2 things.
[Show spoiler]#1 it enrages me they are too cheap to use any packaging material other than a small amount of fill paper. If you're going to use fill paper, atleast make sure the item wont shake around the box. it's hard to tell but there is a very small amount of fill paper.

and #2 i'm not sure how the plastic wrap would get ripped like that in a box so i'm assuming they sent me a set with a tear in the wrap (picture #2, hard to see).

i try not to complain about trivial things but for an $50 order, overseas you would think they could pack it a little better.

Is the Misfits box set Region Free?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #3864
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2013
Michigan

It is. I'm finishing Series 2 tonight actually.

Forgot how good this show is. At least the first 2 series.
WTB Scrubs, The Office (US DVD) COMPLETE series - PM me
Always
Be
Cageing
Thanks given by:
HazelEyes (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 AM   #3865

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelEyes View Post
Is the Misfits box set Region Free?
Yes, BUT you'll need to have a player/tv that can output or convert 50hz. This thread can help.
Thanks given by:
burner xxx (01-09-2015), HazelEyes (01-09-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #3866

Dec 2009

Some decent box sets in the 3 for 24 pound promo, but note they do NOT back out VAT, so you are paying 8 pounds each (when you buy 3):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&em...d_i=B005OW7U7U
Old 01-18-2015, 03:04 AM   #3867

Mar 2010

Amazon Italy is having a decent sale: http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/gb/bd?gb_...31,s:available
Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #3868

Apr 2011
Default Amazon UK 2 for 10

I picked up a bunch (a mix of Region B and Region Free titles), including titles not released in North America such as Rumble In The Bronx, Bend It Like Beckham, Fever Pitch (Colin Firth), Departures, and A Monster In Paris. Plus a few others that were good deals anyway such as Metallica Through The Never 3D, Akira, 12 Angry Men, and The Last Temptation of Christ.

Other "not released in North America" titles that I noticed included The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Philadelphia.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&em...d_i=B003YXZH58

Edit: as noted by zeze, rather than being unreleased in North America: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is OOP, Philadelphia and Fever Pitch were released by Shout Factory but much more expensive, and A Monster In Paris was also released by Shout Factory (I can't seem to find that one on Amazon).

Last edited by sbmess; 01-23-2015 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Clarification of "not released in NA" titles
Old 01-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #3869
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmess View Post
I picked up a bunch (a mix of Region B and Region Free titles), including titles not released in North America such as Rumble In The Bronx, Bend It Like Beckham, Fever Pitch (Colin Firth), Departures, and A Monster In Paris. Plus a few others that were good deals anyway such as Metallica Through The Never 3D, Akira, 12 Angry Men, and The Last Temptation of Christ.

Other "not released in North America" titles that I noticed included The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Philadelphia.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&em...d_i=B003YXZH58
Some good deals to be had.

A Monster in Paris was released by Shout Factory here in North America. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was released in North America but is now OOP. Also Philadelphia and Fever Pitch were released in North America as well but they were Twilight Time titles. Anyways buying both from the UK is way cheaper than buying their North American counterparts. Also The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is region B locked for those that don't have a region free player.
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 01-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #3870
Expert Member

Nov 2013

That's good to know about there being a Region Free import version of Philadelphia available at a much lesser price than the Twilight Time copy.
Edit: Would like to hunt down a cheaper Region Free version of Sleepless in Seattle as well eventually.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #3871
Special Member

Jan 2011
Bay Area, CA, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
That's good to know about there being a Region Free import version of Philadelphia available at a much lesser price than the Twilight Time copy.
Edit: Would like to hunt down a cheaper Region Free version of Sleepless in Seattle as well eventually.
Both of these can be had fairly cheap from amazon.it
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #3872
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketb View Post
Even cheaper on Amazon.de and I believe they have cheaper shipping to the US.
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 01-20-2015, 04:36 AM   #3873
Expert Member

Nov 2013

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Even cheaper on Amazon.de and I believe they have cheaper shipping to the US.
Thank you both for the information. I will look into those in the future.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:11 AM   #3874
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Thank you both for the information. I will look into those in the future.
The German edition is likely the cheapest now. I got mine from Australia doing one of the JBHifi deals before they changed their shipping (used to be $6-8 for one item and $1.25 each additional and now it's $8 each). I think all the Region B's have the same basic transfer.

Also go While You Were Sleeping in the same order -- $10 each was quite reasonable I thought.
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (01-20-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals