Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$128.59
George A. Romero: Between Night and Dawn (Blu-ray)
$62.89
Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.42
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Atomic Blonde 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.75
The Lift (Blu-ray)
$19.90
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$25.99
Amores Perros (Blu-ray)
$9.69
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$56.44
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.59
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.40
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 07-15-2017, 02:31 AM   #381

Sep 2008

Well my P 55 is in a coma right now. We had a major thunderstorm with a power blink out. Now HDMI 1 thru 4 report no signal when any HDMI is in their slot. HDMI 5, the only non 4k input, works fine. Called Vizio and they had me do the hold the power button for 15 seconds and nothing. They're sending out a repairmen. I did do a factory reset and left it unplugged for 15 minutes and still no signal on HDMI 1 thru 4. Any suggestions? Not looking forward to the panel being opened to fixed.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:13 AM   #382

Oct 2009
Default New Cable?

#1Dad Benoit

Do you have another HDMI cable? If so why not try a new cable? It might be that the cable took a hit and won't work in the higher speed slots.

Just a thought.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #383

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECII View Post
#1Dad Benoit

Do you have another HDMI cable? If so why not try a new cable? It might be that the cable took a hit and won't work in the higher speed slots.

Just a thought.
Tried a factory sealed new HDMI cable and no luck on HDMI inputs 1 thru 4. I'm starting to think a chip or board dealing with HDR got fried and isn't processing any incoming signals
Old 07-16-2017, 01:25 AM   #384

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmodeous View Post
oOoOoh, looks really nice and the price is surprisingly affordable. I'm now torn between this and the LG UH7700 series. I do want to see how the viewing angles look on this though as I watch a lot from an angle and will even more when my son gets home.
LG has an IPS panel which is better for off angle viewing
TV- LG 55" E7
PLAYER- LG UP970
SOUNDBAR- LG SH7
Old 07-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #385
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Dad Benoit View Post
Well my P 55 is in a coma right now. We had a major thunderstorm with a power blink out. Now HDMI 1 thru 4 report no signal when any HDMI is in their slot. HDMI 5, the only non 4k input, works fine. Called Vizio and they had me do the hold the power button for 15 seconds and nothing. They're sending out a repairmen. I did do a factory reset and left it unplugged for 15 minutes and still no signal on HDMI 1 thru 4. Any suggestions? Not looking forward to the panel being opened to fixed.
Ugh, so sorry to hear that. We had an outage while we were away on vacation (just got back last night) and I have yet to fire up my P50 set. It's connected via an APC surge protector, but still you know how that goes.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:37 AM   #386
Special Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Ugh, so sorry to hear that. We had an outage while we were away on vacation (just got back last night) and I have yet to fire up my P50 set. It's connected via an APC surge protector, but still you know how that goes.
My Monster surge protector is 15yrs old an needs an upgrade. What made you choose the APC?
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Vizio P75-C1
DVR: DirecTV Genie HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox One(Elite Controller)
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old 07-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #387
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitution 101 View Post
My Monster surge protector is 15yrs old an needs an upgrade. What made you choose the APC?
Got a great deal on a highly rated one a few years back.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #388

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Dad Benoit View Post
I'm starting to think a chip or board dealing with HDR got fried and isn't processing any incoming signals
Start with what would have caused damage. Look up. Some three miles up was a cloud. Look left. Some four miles distant were charged particles. An electric current connected that cloud to those earthborne charges. You simply gave it a destructive path via household appliances.

Protection means that current connects to earth without passing destructively via appliances. But you did not have that. You all but invited that current inside. So it went hunting.

One obvious path was through those HDMI ports. Why? Because cable is required and would have best protection. It must be connected low impedance (ie less than ten feet) to single point earth ground. So no surge entered on the cable. But that was the outgoing path.

Most common incoming path occurs when lightning strikes far down the street. A surge incoming to every appliance. Was every appliances (furnace, GFCIs, clocks, central air, refrigerator) damaged? Probably not. Because a best outgoing path was via devices such as HDMI ports.

Did you have a 'whole house' protector on AC mains - at the service entrance? Was it (and this is more important) connected low impedance (ie less than 10 feet) to the same earth ground also used by cable? If not, damage is directly traceable to your mistakes.

We know a surge was all but invited inside. If on AC mains, then that surge was incoming to everything (washing machine, dimmer switches, LED & CFL bulbs). What was damaged (failed immediately or may fail weeks from now)? Each device that also provided an outgoing connection to earth. Damage is often on an outgoing path.

Meanwhile, Monster has a long history of identifying scam. Then selling a similar product for even higher prices. Monster does not even claim to protect from a surge that caused your damage. But hearsay, wild speculation, emotions, and advertising still keep promoting Monster products.

Quite simple. Where is its low impedance (ie less than 10 foot) connection to single point earth ground? Does not exist. No effective protection. A protector is only as effective as its earth ground. That has not changed in over 100 years.

Last edited by westom; 07-20-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #389

Sep 2008

TV repair update. Called Vizio since it was still under warranty and they sent out a local repairman with a new motherboard. Took him all of 15 minutes to swap out the old with the new. TV is working great.
This is the third Vizio I have had since 2009 and all had a panel issue, and each time Vizio has step the place and fix or replaced the unit with no problems.....and no out of pocket expenses.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (07-31-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #390

Jul 2017

How are the viewing angles on the 65" Vizio?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #391

Aug 2016

hey everyone. I am hoping to get honest opinions from the more well schooled tv peeps.

I have a 50 inch samsung plasma (going on 10 years) without issue. I love it. however, my family and I are moving into a bigger home in a few months, with the soon to be addition of my third daughter.

we will finally have a designated bonus room, big enough to house everyone's interests/hobbies. ideally I would like to go with something bigger and 4k with hdr. I have been looking at various samsung and vizio models. samsung because of the great experience I have had with those products, and vizio because it seems to offer a great return on price.

the M65-EO has stood out to me as a great value. it has many of the features that I am looking for. I read that it will get an update allowing it to have smart apps available on screen without using the chromecast functionality. I also have read some reports that say it is not as strong as the prior years model.

I guess what it comes down to, can anyone speak about the quality of this set? there are so many review sites and it always seems like a 50/50 split among the reviews. I have read through a little of this thread and a few others, and you all seem much more thoughtful in giving impressions on an item. so please if you have the time, please let me know. thanks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs