Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Family Guy, Season 15 (iTunes)$14.99 The LEGO Batman Movie (iTunes)$9.99
The Big Bang Theory, Season 10 (iTunes)$14.99
The Big Bang Theory, Season 9 (iTunes)$14.99
Beatriz at Dinner (iTunes)$9.99 John Wick: Chapter 2 (iTunes)$9.99 Free Fire (iTunes)$9.99 Arrow, Season 5 (iTunes)$14.99 The Flash, Season 3 (iTunes)$14.99 Westworld, Season 1 (iTunes)$29.99
Erin Brockovich (iTunes)$4.99
Don't Breathe (iTunes)$7.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 08-14-2017, 12:08 AM   #5321

Nov 2012

I am ambivalent to Apple products (like the iPad, use an iPhone, but prefer Google/Samsung phones over it, never had a Mac), and buy 90% of my music there, but greatly prefer the Roku to the Apple TV. The Roku interface and remote are just much easier and more user-friendly in my opinion. That means that most of our viewing is Vudu. I think Vudu might be slightly higher quality in terms of picture quality and sound on my setup, but both are more than acceptable.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:48 AM   #5322
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahS View Post
Stop....just stop. Stop with your Brit BS from across the pond that knows nothing about what a niche is in the USA. It may be a niche in jolly ole England but not here!
Vudu is absolutely niche. There are more popular digital storefronts and digital HD itself is not exactly breaking records for the industry. It's niche, sorry.

I love the BS comm t as well. In the short time I have read your posts across the forum, I don't think I have ever read more bullshit than yours lol.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #5323
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
For me, I like commentaries. The Venture Bros, Family Guy and Buffy The Vampire Slayer are some of my favorites. Especially the first 2. Still, it has been forever since I've watched them. So I've stopped picking things up unless I know I'm going to watch them, rinse and repeat. Otherwise it becomes a want over need situation.

I know, right? Always talking in absolutes with that that guy
I know, right? what is this? . All the teens are speaking like this lately, is this koolade talk?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #5324

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Vudu is absolutely niche. There are more popular digital storefronts and digital HD itself is not exactly breaking records for the industry. It's niche, sorry.

I love the BS comm t as well. In the short time I have read your posts across the forum, I don't think I have ever read more bullshit than yours lol.
I don't think I have ever seen so much paranoia over movies as your posts.

What works in the US is different than the UK.
Thanks given by:
flyry (08-15-2017), The_Donster (08-17-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #5325

Jul 2010

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 had the biggest opening week/most digital downloads of ANY Marvel Studios title EVER."

http://screenrant.com/guardians-gala...igital-launch/

Digital HD continuing to break records.
Thanks given by:
flyry (08-17-2017), master gandhi (08-15-2017), The_Donster (08-17-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #5326
Special Member

Sep 2014
1313 Mockingbird Lane

I'll always be a physical copy kind of guy, and until very recently I adamantly refused to even touch a digital copy. But now that I've started trading UV codes with people I've adopted a new policy, and that's I'll get a movie on digital if it's something I want to see but not something I'd like to blind-buy. Or something that I like, but not enough to spend shelf space on it. I'm running out of room for my physical collection so I figure this way I'll at least be able to make better purchasing habits and save some space in my home for things I know deserve it.

EDIT: Oh, and for movies I already have on DVD that I don't want to spend the money upgrading to HD.
UV codes up for trade, Lots of stuff here!

Top 100 Favorite Films

Top 5 Favorite Directors:
Rob Zombie l Alfred Hitchcock l Chang Cheh l Jack Hill l Quentin Tarantino

Last edited by FilmKoala; 08-15-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:47 PM   #5327
Special Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmKoala View Post
I'll always be a physical copy kind of guy, and until very recently I adamantly refused to even touch a digital copy. But now that I've started trading UV codes with people I've adopted a new policy, and that's I'll get a movie on digital if it's something I want to see but not something I'd like to blind-buy. Or something that I like, but not enough to spend shelf space on it. I'm running out of room for my physical collection so I figure this way I'll at least be able to make better purchasing habits and save some space in my home for things I know deserve it.

EDIT: Oh, and for movies I already have on DVD that I don't want to spend the money upgrading to HD.
Well that's all you have to do is get your foot in the door, and then all of a sudden you're all in. Especially if your Home Theater is all set up for proper Streaming of all your Movies. That's all I do now is Stream the latest Movies as they come out on Release Dates. I just watched Baywatch last night, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 the week before. I feel with Streaming Movies the Release Dates will be cut shorter and shorter.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 PM   #5328

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Well that's all you have to do is get your foot in the door, and then all of a sudden you're all in. Especially if your Home Theater is all set up for proper Streaming of all your Movies. That's all I do now is Stream the latest Movies as they come out on Release Dates. I just watched Baywatch last night, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 the week before. I feel with Streaming Movies the Release Dates will be cut shorter and shorter.
You can now get 10gb speeds from Copper. It's the wave of the future.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:21 AM   #5329
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I know, right? what is this? . All the teens are speaking like this lately, is this koolade talk?
UGH!! That's the best you've got for a rebuttal? How old are you? And don't come back asking me how old I am when I ask the question first! I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm probably older than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmKoala View Post

I'm sort of the same way FilmKoala. As much as I hate to admit, my wife is right, we don't need every movie that comes out. Most of the time she is talking to my son, but she makes sure to say it in front of me too. So now I tend to pick up what I know I'll watch more than a few times on disc and then casually watch on DC.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?

Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM   #5330
Special Member

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
You can now get 10gb speeds from Copper. It's the wave of the future.
Copper is Obsolete, if you were counting on G.Fast Verizon just announced it is skipping this and going straight to Fiber. Even DOCSIS 3.1 won't last long in this fast paced World. You need Symmetrical Speeds to keep up with UHD Streaming and Cloud Services. FTTH is the only solution, if you will never get this it's time to set your priorities. Live with what you have, or move to a location that will give you FTTH!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies