Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prey (Xbox One)
$29.79
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox One)
$40.19
For Honor (Xbox One)
$29.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 (Xbox One)
$29.99
MXGP3 (Xbox One)
$39.99
The Surge (Xbox One)
$39.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (Xbox One)
$34.99
Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)
$74.99
The Golf Club 2 (Xbox One)
$29.99
Madden NFL 18 (Xbox One)
$59.88
Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One)
$29.99
NASCAR Heat Evolution (Xbox One)
$19.93
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 07-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #981
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestocolon30 View Post
I dont think it will be the same cause xbox one x can record gameplay at 4k resolution and xbox one s can only record at 720p .
What has that got to do with the UHD drive or UHDBD playback? Am I missing something?
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #982
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Springfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
What has that got to do with the UHD drive or UHDBD playback? Am I missing something?
It has absolutely nothing to do with the UHD playback.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #983
Special Member

Mar 2009

Only problem is that it doesn't have Dolby Vision. So, Oppo 203 here I come...
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Vizio P75-C1
DVR: DirecTV Genie HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox One(Elite Controller)
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old 07-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #984
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitution 101 View Post
Only problem is that it doesn't have Dolby Vision. So, Oppo 203 here I come...
Doesn't have it yet, PS4 and Xbox are able to be updated via software to DV question is will they.
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #985
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore

I believe the Xbox One S is already capable enough to do Dolby Vision. Question now is will Microsoft release an update to support Dolby Vision.

I asked this in another thread, whether you'd be willing to pay a small fee for the Dolby Vision upgrade, like what they did with the Dolby Atmos for headphones. And personally, I will be willing to pay up to $50 or so for the upgrade.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #986
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I wouldn't pay anything for something like that. My TV doesn't support DV and OLEDs are just coming in to their own. It'll be another 2 or so years before it will be worth upgrading to OLED by then the amount of DV titles should be great enough to justify the upgrade.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #987

Feb 2016

Quote:
If it can record 4k than its a much better system than xbox one s. And xbox obe x can record gameplay like xbox one s but in 4k and even hdr but with limitions. So thats huge set forward with media record 4k and even some hdr and post it to youtube. Itll be more a complete 4k system so maybe the 4k blu ray can get advanced options or something to play movies. Atleast hoping
Old 07-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #988

Feb 2016

Yeah heard no dobly vision which makes it a dumb 4k player either way lol
Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 AM   #989
Special Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Doesn't have it yet, PS4 and Xbox are able to be updated via software to DV question is will they.
I read that(can't remember where) that they can't be patched, even though DV was designed to be able to upgrade thru firmware.
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Vizio P75-C1
DVR: DirecTV Genie HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox One(Elite Controller)
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old 07-11-2017, 02:55 AM   #990

Jul 2017
Murica

I'm on the fence about this. I have the S and the PS Pro with 2 4k tv's. Just not sure if it's worth it
Old 07-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #991
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2015
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticlvr View Post
I'm on the fence about this. I have the S and the PS Pro with 2 4k tv's. Just not sure if it's worth it
Yeah, this console isn't really aimed at someone like you then. I still have the VCR Xbox One so I'm definitely jumping on this new console.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:59 AM   #992

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

well i saw in a video if this is true on you tube last night i forget which one, where

the 4K's when you buy one that's true 4K will be get this 100 MB each time you download. for those with the OG or the One S it's not something that is going to be an update on that of course only the One X. shit that's a BIG ass file for 4K no joke. if that is true we will have to buy an extra drive or space cause depending on the game you want to buy. like if they do another Elder Scrolls that will be a HUGE damn game and will no doubt take half your drive up on how huge that will be.

if that's true just a heads up i guess
Old 07-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #993

Dec 2009

I'll probably get one to start out and then consider getting a 2nd one. I'm also excited for this.

My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ

RIP ironsmile35
Old 07-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #994

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

you know what really pisses me off guys ? fan boys. i think all the consoles out there are great systems in their own way. i have yet to even play the switch but i'm sure at some point i will. on you tubve there's a guy who runs a news channel and reviews games as well called Crap Gamer. he's to be fair at times can be a pretty good news source. he claims he's not a fan boy. he's a huge x box fan and there's nothing wrong with that,

but here is the thing check out the comments for each video he does and not including mine i'm stimpson j. kat on there. in case anyone ever sees that comment from someone.
anyways, he has a PS4 and i'm not complaining about that either. but in most of his videos lately all he does is just ***** about Sony

and now weak and so forth they are. and i'm about to unsubscribe to him actually. now than you have him and the commentors on there ***** about Sony fan boys. Ponies a term i had NEVER even heard of until recently.

but it never occurs to them that when they are x box fan boys as well. cause if you read some of the comments most of them x box fanboys who can't accept that people like Sony and or Nintendo and not everyone is about how powerful this or that system is. yes i do plan on getting a one X. but it's always about the games i think, not how they look and people forget that today it seems. yes we all want games to look good, but i'm more worried about good controls, a good story if there is one. how it plays and shit like that.

not about if it's 30 FPS or 60. why am i posting this on here? cause since i started posting on here none of you guys and maybe gals as well think like that. are saying this console is so weak and just act so immaturely that it's not even funny. sure some of you do like a game to look good but it's not always about just how it looks to you folks on here. it's about more than that and i can respect that.

sorry i just had to vent
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #995
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm guessing that this was what they were set to reveal during their gamescom livestream?

There will be a limited day one "Project Scorpio" edition Xbox One X
Quote:
It looks like Microsoft will incorporate the name of Project Scorpio in the console. According to various images that appeared on Twitter and on various German retailers, Xbox One X: Project Scorpio Edition will be the Day One version of the console. It looks like it has an amazing textured pattern on one side too. However, the star of the design has to be the “Project Scorpio” in green letters on the front of the console and the controller. I can’t wait to get my hands on it when it launches on November 7.

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-x-p...-ahead-reveal/
Thanks given by:
neoz (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #996
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

Interesting. It was Phil that said in an interview iirc that they really liked the Scorpio code name and wanted to find a way to use it at some point. Also this wouldn't be the first time they did a launch day edition type of system.
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #997

Aug 2017

I still don't like how it looks like the Xbox S. They should have gave it a different design.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One