Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Old 11-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #341
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101
29
1511
169
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vw Driver View Post
Just got this movie this week, didn't know there were so many great actors of today in it.
Agreed. I just wish it was restored, remastered, and presented in its OAR of 1.66:1 instead of 1.78:1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #342
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Agreed. I just wish it was restored, remastered, and presented in its OAR of 1.66:1 instead of 1.78:1.
AND in a nice digibook!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #343
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101
29
1511
169
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
AND in a nice digibook!
Yeah, instead Warner treats this title like a bastard stepchild.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #344
Uxi Uxi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Uxi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
626, So Cal
177
9
Default

I would double dip to buy a copy with that deleted scene of Lancelot, Guenevere, and the bandit if nothing else.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #345
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Yeah, instead Warner treats this title like a bastard stepchild.
I know, such a shame! Oh well, maybe in 2016 for the 35th Anniversary!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #346
Eye Candy Eye Candy is offline
Senior Member
 
Eye Candy's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
N. Texas
31
27
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Agreed. I just wish it was restored, remastered, and presented in its OAR of 1.66:1 instead of 1.78:1.
I will patiently wait to double-dip on this one.
The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear with hearing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #347
Barbossa Barbossa is offline
Senior Member
 
Barbossa's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Default

Hope it's okay to post this here as I just stumbled across it - a company is in the process of making a documentary (titled: "Behind the Sword in the Stone") about the making of Excalibur, featuring new interviews with many of the cast (including Nigel Terry, Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson, Cherie Lunghi, Gabriel Byrne, etc and of course director John Boorman). It looks like all of the interviews have now been completed (all work so has has been financed out of the producers own pockets) and they are looking for donations in order to complete post production on the documentary:

http://www.indiegogo.com/excaliburdoc?c=home

I've donated, but they have just 14 days to reach their $30,000 target.

Just thought I'd throw it out there - feel free to spread the word.

Last edited by Barbossa; 01-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #348
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101
29
1511
169
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
Hope it's okay to post this here as I just stumbled across it - a company is in the process of making a documentary (titled: "Behind the Sword in the Stone") about the making of Excalibur, featuring new interviews with many of the cast (including Nigel Terry, Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson, Cherie Lunghi, Gabriel Byrne, etc and of course director John Boorman). It looks like all of the interviews have now been completed (all work so has has been financed out of the producers own pockets) and they are looking for donations in order to complete post production on the documentary:

http://www.indiegogo.com/excaliburdoc?c=home

I've donated, but they have just 14 days to reach their $30,000 target.

Just thought I'd throw it out there - feel free to spread the word.
Now, I would love for a re-release with this in the extras. I'd even double dip for $10 or less if the film was not restored and remastered just to have these priceless interviews. I'd love to hear Neeson and Stewart's take on the film as this was before anyone knew who they were in the U.S.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #349
Rizor Rizor is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Rizor's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NJ, USA
1219
142
32
78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
Hope it's okay to post this here as I just stumbled across it - a company is in the process of making a documentary (titled: "Behind the Sword in the Stone") about the making of Excalibur, featuring new interviews with many of the cast (including Nigel Terry, Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson, Cherie Lunghi, Gabriel Byrne, etc and of course director John Boorman). It looks like all of the interviews have now been completed (all work so has has been financed out of the producers own pockets) and they are looking for donations in order to complete post production on the documentary:

http://www.indiegogo.com/excaliburdoc?c=home

I've donated, but they have just 14 days to reach their $30,000 target.

Just thought I'd throw it out there - feel free to spread the word.
Sounds cool. I'd love a documentary on Excalibur!

Damn you, Warner Bros! You make the little people finance behind-the-scenes Excalibur documentaries as you greedily roll around in your mountains of gold!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #350
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Make it so!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #351
Monroville Monroville is offline
Expert Member
 
Monroville's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Louisville, KY
1
14
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
AND in a nice digibook!
Well, they HAVE released DELIVERANCE in a digibook. While I wish they used one of the artwork panels as the main cover (as opposed to the kinda generic photoshopped version), there are some really interesting articles and pics inside.

I think it would be cool to see both EXCALIBUR and ZARDOZ on digibooks!

Is there any way to create a petition to Warner Brothers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #352
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1550
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroville View Post
Well, they HAVE released DELIVERANCE in a digibook. While I wish they used one of the artwork panels as the main cover (as opposed to the kinda generic photoshopped version), there are some really interesting articles and pics inside.

I think it would be cool to see both EXCALIBUR and ZARDOZ on digibooks!

Is there any way to create a petition to Warner Brothers?
I agree!
If you wanted to start a petition, I would definitely post in the digibook thread to gather your army!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #353
Uxi Uxi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Uxi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
626, So Cal
177
9
Default

Excalibur Round Table Edition needs to be polished armored steelbook.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #354
Eye Candy Eye Candy is offline
Senior Member
 
Eye Candy's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
N. Texas
31
27
1
Default

I wanted to add a link to the Movie Poster of the film



Poster
The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear with hearing.

Last edited by Eye Candy; 05-31-2013 at 05:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #355
Barbossa Barbossa is offline
Senior Member
 
Barbossa's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Default

Very nice.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33 PM.