Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #2941
Mithrandir-Grey Mithrandir-Grey is offline
Expert Member
 
Mithrandir-Grey's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Peterborough, U.K
231
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Japanese.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #2942
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is online now
Special Member
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
21
466
14
Default

Can't recall exactly. With shipping, maybe $65.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #2943
RYJAPE21 RYJAPE21 is offline
Expert Member
 
RYJAPE21's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Maryland
462
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
UK has a similar dvd set, packaging-wise, which I bought to match my dvd LotR EE's.
I did the same Though I exchanged the DVDs with the BDs.
"You're a woman, Harry"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #2944
tiger_qc tiger_qc is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tiger_qc's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada.
40
624
74
Default The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition 2D 3D Statues 11/5/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Can't recall exactly. With shipping, maybe $65.

Ouch, that's the price I paid for the extended blu-ray with the weta statue. It looks great but I'll pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 AM   #2945
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101
29
1512
169
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Can't recall exactly. With shipping, maybe $65.
Whoa. I guess that's why I only have a few JP discs in my collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #2946
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
284
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
UK has a similar dvd set, packaging-wise, which I bought to match my dvd LotR EE's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYJAPE21 View Post
I did the same Though I exchanged the DVDs with the BDs.
I think I'll be doing the same. I love my LOTR sets, and the DVD sized version would look nicer lined up next to it as seen in this Amazon customer pic:



It's about $26 shipped too, which isn't too bad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:57 AM   #2947
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1552
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I think I'll be doing the same. I love my LOTR sets, and the DVD sized version would look nicer lined up next to it as seen in this Amazon customer pic:



It's about $26 shipped too, which isn't too bad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Yeah it's a great deal, for what amounts to a package grab, as the BD have much more...but it looks great on the shelf.
Of course now that we go and do this, there won't be one for DoS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #2948
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is online now
Special Member
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
21
466
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post
Ouch, that's the price I paid for the extended blu-ray with the weta statue. It looks great but I'll pass.
I like the black case, which you don't see too often. Here some more pics:
Img_4196.jpg
Img_4197.jpg
Img_4198.jpg
Img_4200.jpg
Img_4205.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #2949
MacEachaidh MacEachaidh is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MacEachaidh's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
569
26
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
UK has a similar dvd set, packaging-wise, which I bought to match my dvd LotR EE's.
We got the same packaging here in Australia, but for the Extended Edition Blu-ray (plus DVD and UV copy, but no 3D). Black Blu-ray case, leather-looking slipcase.

The only question, of course, is whether they'll release matching editions for the remaining two films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #2950
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1552
183
2
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
We got the same packaging here in Australia, but for the Extended Edition Blu-ray (without 3D). Black Blu-ray case, leather-looking slipcase.

The only question, of course, is whether they'll release matching editions for the remaining two films.
Haha! That's always the $1million question. We can only hope the answer is YES!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #2951
FlawlessVictory FlawlessVictory is online now
Active Member
 
FlawlessVictory's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Canada
-
14
Default

Sorry if this has already been brought up but does the extended edition also include the theatrical cut? Thanks.
PS4 and Xbox One owner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #2952
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
284
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Sorry if this has already been brought up but does the extended edition also include the theatrical cut? Thanks.
Nope, it's one or the other.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #2953
FlawlessVictory FlawlessVictory is online now
Active Member
 
FlawlessVictory's Avatar
 
Mar 2014
Canada
-
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Nope, it's one or the other.
Okay I thought so but just needed confirmation.
PS4 and Xbox One owner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #2954
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
284
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I think I'll be doing the same. I love my LOTR sets, and the DVD sized version would look nicer lined up next to it as seen in this Amazon customer pic:



It's about $26 shipped too, which isn't too bad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Just a heads-up for anyone that might be interested in doing this, it just got a huge price drop, going down to 7 GBP. It works out to about $15 shipped to the US

http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/The-Hobbi...ney-DVD/72654/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #2955
Nikka488 Nikka488 is offline
Senior Member
 
Nikka488's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
N.Cali
23
863
609
Default

I need some advice. I want to get the 3D version of the The Hobbit. Generally I'll always pony up for the extended edition. But the theatrical 3D edition is $14.99 now & the extended 3D is $29.99. I'll be honest that I don't watch a lot of special features. I'm on the fence on whether to get the theatrical 3D edition for $14.99 or waiting for the 3D EE to hit $19.99. I've read mixed stuff on whether the addition of 13 mins is good or not. Ill be honest as well that the singing in the troll village actually sounds bad to me. I'd rather it not be silly.

Thoughts? Advice?

I'm not sure what the future holds in terms of sets but I could see picking up a 2D EE trilogy set when all is said & done at the right price.

If the EE had seem less branching I wouldn't be so unsure...
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 Projector
Samsung-46" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV-LN46B640
PS3 - 60GB
Yamaha 765
Polk Monitor 70s (x2)
Polk CS2
Klipsch Synergy Sub-12 300W 12" Sub
Polk Monitor 40 L/R & Polk OWM3 Rear L/R
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:51 AM   #2956
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is online now
Special Member
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
21
466
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikka488 View Post
I need some advice. I want to get the 3D version of the The Hobbit. Generally I'll always pony up for the extended edition. But the theatrical 3D edition is $14.99 now & the extended 3D is $29.99. I'll be honest that I don't watch a lot of special features. I'm on the fence on whether to get the theatrical 3D edition for $14.99 or waiting for the 3D EE to hit $19.99. I've read mixed stuff on whether the addition of 13 mins is good or not. Ill be honest as well that the singing in the troll village actually sounds bad to me. I'd rather it not be silly.

Thoughts? Advice?

I'm not sure what the future holds in terms of sets but I could see picking up a 2D EE trilogy set when all is said & done at the right price.

If the EE had seem less branching I wouldn't be so unsure...
Get the 3D set now and the complete extended set later. I just got the 3D one from Amazon - it didn't come with a slip.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 AM   #2957
Blu_Ray_Addict Blu_Ray_Addict is offline
Senior Member
 
Blu_Ray_Addict's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Arizona
407
19
120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Get the 3D set now and the complete extended set later. I just got the 3D one from Amazon - it didn't come with a slip.
Aww SOB! I hope mine comes with one This is the one reason I hate ordering 3D movies from Amazon, they always seem to not have a slip.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #2958
Edword Edword is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Edword's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
SoCal, CA
236
69
80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Ray_Addict View Post
Aww SOB! I hope mine comes with one This is the one reason I hate ordering 3D movies from Amazon, they always seem to not have a slip.
Well it is a year old movie now, so it's not surprising it won't have a slip.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #2959
Nikka488 Nikka488 is offline
Senior Member
 
Nikka488's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
N.Cali
23
863
609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Get the 3D set now and the complete extended set later. I just got the 3D one from Amazon - it didn't come with a slip.
Thank you.
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 Projector
Samsung-46" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV-LN46B640
PS3 - 60GB
Yamaha 765
Polk Monitor 70s (x2)
Polk CS2
Klipsch Synergy Sub-12 300W 12" Sub
Polk Monitor 40 L/R & Polk OWM3 Rear L/R
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
hobbit

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM.