Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08
 
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
12 hrs ago
The Incredibles 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
1 hr ago
The 'Burbs (Blu-ray)
$14.12
3 hrs ago
My Man Godfrey (Blu-ray)
$30.37
8 hrs ago
What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (Blu-ray)
$25.19
11 hrs ago
The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93
13 hrs ago
Odds Against Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Andrei Rublev (Blu-ray)
$37.97
7 hrs ago
Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
A Raisin in the Sun (Blu-ray)
$27.37
8 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #21
jsub jsub is offline
Active Member
 
jsub's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
108
Default

I can't pick a favorite Pixar movie...too many great ones. But I can say without remorse that Cars was godawful by their standards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #22
RIKANA RIKANA is offline
Special Member
 
RIKANA's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Greendale, WI
687
1
Send a message via AIM to RIKANA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsub View Post
I can't pick a favorite Pixar movie...too many great ones. But I can say without remorse that Cars was godawful by their standards.
Agaree that cars was really bad. I want to see the incridables, nemo, and Monster's Inc!

RI
RIKANA is pronounced as REE KANA in English; or DEE KANA in Japan.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
Name: Gena - Friend code: 5155-2912-3673

RI
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #23
tunerfreak87 tunerfreak87 is offline
Active Member
 
tunerfreak87's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
60
2
Default

I'm kinda green on this subject, but is there a specific reason why Pixar is choking everyone by hardly releasing any of their titles?

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 PM   #24
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
277
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
I'm kinda green on this subject, but is there a specific reason why Pixar is choking everyone by hardly releasing any of their titles?

Their just waiting for increased adoption. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is difficult to be patient though.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #25
tunerfreak87 tunerfreak87 is offline
Active Member
 
tunerfreak87's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
60
2
Default

I understand what you mean when you say it like that, i was overthinking it. It's DEF difficult to be patient. And, the fact that Europe's getting em first. Blah.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #26
Moviemaniack1993 Moviemaniack1993 is offline
Senior Member
 
Moviemaniack1993's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
New Jersey
539
56
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKANA View Post
Agaree that cars was really bad.
Yeah, I bought Cars, then turned it in used. It was bad. I did not like it at all. I will not buy it on Blu-ray. I will buy A Bug's Life, even if it wasn't that great either. I really cannot wait for the Toy Story's, and especially Finding Nemo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #27
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
277
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
I understand what you mean when you say it like that, i was overthinking it. It's DEF difficult to be patient. And, the fact that Europe's getting em first. Blah.
Its funny how we look at things eh? "WE are Americans, the Studio is American, so we should get them first" says us arrogant Yanks with our arms folded. We are so rude and selfish and self centered....LOL
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
jsub jsub is offline
Active Member
 
jsub's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviemaniack1993 View Post
Yeah, I bought Cars, then turned it in used. It was bad. I did not like it at all. I will not buy it on Blu-ray. I will buy A Bug's Life, even if it wasn't that great either. I really cannot wait for the Toy Story's, and especially Finding Nemo.
Top tier Pixar movies to date:

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Wall-E

So good, so good...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #29
tunerfreak87 tunerfreak87 is offline
Active Member
 
tunerfreak87's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
60
2
Default

Lol I know, right? That's like Japanese anime films hitting Europe's shelves before theres....blasphemy!!
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V3000
Sony BDP-S350
Onkyo HT-S5100
Xbox 360 Pro
Own 38 BluRays

"Pain is temporary, film is forever." Peter Jackson
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #30
Minimejer05 Minimejer05 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Minimejer05's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Minnesota
14
1637
28
6
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05
Default

Nemo and Monsters Inc and I can die happy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #31
ajmrowland ajmrowland is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2008
77
Default

I'm looking forward to all of them. Up looks good, but for now, I'm really looking forward to Bug's and Monsters', because I have them on DVD and the extras are amazing. They've always made animation look fun!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:35 AM   #32
DigitalfreakNYC DigitalfreakNYC is offline
Banned
 
DigitalfreakNYC's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Astoria, NY
9
Send a message via AIM to DigitalfreakNYC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerfreak87 View Post
I understand what you mean when you say it like that, i was overthinking it. It's DEF difficult to be patient. And, the fact that Europe's getting em first. Blah.
Who says Europe is definitely getting them first? It's quite possible we'll get them at the same time but they haven't been announced yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 AM   #33
BluLuzzo BluLuzzo is offline
Member
 
Sep 2008
99
1
2
Default

Toy Story, Nemo, Monsters, and Incredibles are day one purchases for me..

Never seen Bugs life but i'm sure i'll get it...
Lets go Pixar
Blu since 8/9/08
Blu's owned: 68

Last Blu watched: Leon: The Professinal, Rambo: First Blood
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 AM   #34
ksigtia ksigtia is offline
Member
 
Jun 2008
1
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
I wish The Incredibles would be among the first to debut but it seems like that won't be happening.
+1
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #35
richieb1971 richieb1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2007
626
16
Default

Europe won't get them first. The only reason for the delays is the special content for BD. I can't imagine anything else would take more than 2 weeks to do.

The other reason is purely financial. If they release everything in 2 or 3 quarters, it simply means there is nothing to release until new content is made which takes time. Shareholders will likely sell if that happens. You have to remember that due to no film involved, its never going to get better on BD with a 2nd/3rd release of the movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #36
coolmilo coolmilo is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
coolmilo's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Silicon Valley
16
2
2
Default

It's strange to read the negative posts about Cars. This is a reference Blu-ray in both Sound and Picture. And the story is terrific. This is one the Blu-ray movies in my collection that I continually revisit (Cars and Fifth Element).

My top five favorite Pixar movies are as follows:

Cars
*Finding Nemo
*Incredibles
Wall E
Ratatouille

* It would be great to see these soon on Blu-ray.

I am a fan of all Pixar movies so far. I like the others a little less than my top five.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #37
SquidPuppet SquidPuppet is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
SquidPuppet's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Club Loop
277
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmilo View Post
It's strange to read the negative posts about Cars. This is a reference Blu-ray in both Sound and Picture. And the story is terrific. This is one the Blu-ray movies in my collection that I continually revisit (Cars and Fifth Element).

My top five favorite Pixar movies are as follows:

Cars
*Finding Nemo
*Incredibles
Wall E
Ratatouille

* It would be great to see these soon on Blu-ray.

I am a fan of all Pixar movies so far. I like the others a little less than my top five.
I dont get it either. Lots of FUNNY characters. Beautifull and detailed scenery. Some romance. Good life lessons. Action. ?????

CARS haters, what about CARS is the letdown for you? Curious.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #38
ADRiiAN` ADRiiAN` is offline
Special Member
 
ADRiiAN`'s Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Toronto
113
Default

All I ask is for Finding Nemo, Incredibles and Toy Story
Blu Ray Players:
80GB PS3, Sony BDP-S550 & HP Laptop With BD-ROM
Blu Ray Movie Count:
112
Latest PS3 Games:
Black Ops
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #39
DrinkMore DrinkMore is offline
Banned
 
DrinkMore's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
That's What She Said!
140
7
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Ron View Post
It amazes me that these titles are not on Blu already.
Same here. Not sure why they are going so slow with the releases. Also don't understand why they won't release films until mid/late 2010. Two years away. Talk about crazy.

Get them out already.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #40
Midnightsailor Midnightsailor is offline
Special Member
 
Midnightsailor's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Los Angeles, CA
32
1
Default

I just want Toy Story.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Ranking the Pixar Films to Date Movies Batman1980 306 04-23-2013 05:07 PM
Pixar Films Blu-ray Movies - North America zoso0928 71 08-06-2010 10:54 PM
Why is Pixar so much better than Dreamworks at CGI films? Movies tron3 26 09-26-2008 04:49 PM
Pixar short films. any good? Blu-ray Movies - North America rubberghost 12 06-09-2008 07:20 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 AM.