Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Aliens (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Middle-Earth Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$599.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.94
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-22-2015, 06:29 AM   #341
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

I got this on Cyber Monday at Target.com for $25.50, which is quite a nice price for this set.

Anyway, I just opened it (finally) and the disc for North By Northwest disc has actual disc artwork, whereas the rest are the plain black discs (which is what I know they are supposed to be). It looks like the North By Northwest one might be the disc artwork from the Masterpiece Collection, which is weird. I guess they're just throwing leftover discs in here. Doesn't help my weird OCD I have about these things... Haha. Plus, the disc holder is kinda beat up, though I wasn't really able to notice it before I opened it....

But I suppose I can't complain given the price.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:30 AM   #342

Feb 2012

The only Hitchcock Blu-ray I own is Rear Window, and want to get some more to add to my collection. Is there any benefit to buying this set over buying them individually, or vice versa? Any added features, new transfers, etc.

Was considering maybe returning Rear Window while I still can and just buying this set
Old 06-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #343

Nov 2009
St. Louis, MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
The only Hitchcock Blu-ray I own is Rear Window, and want to get some more to add to my collection. Is there any benefit to buying this set over buying them individually, or vice versa? Any added features, new transfers, etc.

Was considering maybe returning Rear Window while I still can and just buying this set
I also bought this set first before the movies were individually released. Then I decided to sell the set off due to wanting the movies in their individual cases with the artwork. I love Hitchcock movies, so that's why I had to have them as single Blu-rays.

To answer your question, there are no added features or any new transfers between this set and the titles as released individually.

This is definitely a great set. It kinda depends on how you prefer your Blu packaging: one giant set or each movie in its own case with artwork. If money is an issue, probably cheaper to buy this set. If not, personally I would go with the movie singles.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #344
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Vermont / Steelbook™ - 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
I got this on Cyber Monday at Target.com for $25.50, which is quite a nice price for this set.

Anyway, I just opened it (finally) and the disc for North By Northwest disc has actual disc artwork, whereas the rest are the plain black discs (which is what I know they are supposed to be). It looks like the North By Northwest one might be the disc artwork from the Masterpiece Collection, which is weird. I guess they're just throwing leftover discs in here. Doesn't help my weird OCD I have about these things... Haha. Plus, the disc holder is kinda beat up, though I wasn't really able to notice it before I opened it....

But I suppose I can't complain given the price.
This is strange. The set i have has black art on all 5 discs. I have the jp ultimate collection and the NBN disc has the picture art though and the Psycho disc appears to be the UK 50th disc.
Blufans V.I.P.

RIP Glenn Frey, thank you for the incredible music!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America