Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years (Blu-ray)
$17.42
They Live by Night (Blu-ray)
$16.55
The Martian 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.93
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$13.55
Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$16.29
Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$16.16
Evil Ed (Blu-ray)
$15.31
Song to Song 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Streets of Fire (Blu-ray)
$13.89
Bad Day at Black Rock (Blu-ray)
$10.45
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.09
Tampopo (Blu-ray)
$19.77
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #1181
Special Member

Feb 2015

I've always been happy with the edition on the 6 pack. Picked it up at target years ago for $5
Old 05-04-2016, 12:33 AM   #1182
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL13 View Post
Picked up the lions gate release for 5 bucks at target ....it is in its correct aspect ratio which is very important to me. Looks great and even tho the audio is not master audio it is in 5.1 Dolby digital and it still kicks ass. Btw the release is incorrectly marked 1:78 widescreen. Thanks to the two reviewers on this site i picked this up based on them. Never compromise aspect ratio �� Still waiting for Halloween h2o because of this
If you can get the Miramax 6 pack you will be pleasantly suprised. It's the best for AQ in the world and second only to the JP disc for PQ.
"Now myself, I don't take any chances. I talk to Muhammad, Buddha, Mr. Jesus H. Christ, and any other religious honchos I can come up with."
Digital Copies for Sale My HD DVD Collection My Motion Picture Collection
4K UHDs Superior International U.S. 7.1 U.S. Slipcovers World Atmos World Native 3D World OOP
Old 05-22-2016, 06:54 PM   #1183
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007

French release has been added.

http://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=67
Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #1184
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
French release has been added.

http://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=67
Virtually identical to JP release, which is region free. I think the FR disc is region B locked. The best is still to take the JP disc and mix it with the audio on the Miramax 6 pack.
"Now myself, I don't take any chances. I talk to Muhammad, Buddha, Mr. Jesus H. Christ, and any other religious honchos I can come up with."
4K UHDs Superior International U.S. 7.1 U.S. Slipcovers World Atmos World Native 3D World OOP
Thanks given by:
Quidsane (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #1185

Aug 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Virtually identical to JP release, which is region free. I think the FR disc is region B locked. The best is still to take the JP disc and mix it with the audio on the Miramax 6 pack.
...and then store it in the CA steelbook.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:01 AM   #1186

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdClon View Post
If you need the subtitles, the DC will be handy, since the BR has none and the UV version does.
Does the Miramax 6 pack version have subs? If not, I think I will just go with the Lionsgate version. I hate multipacks, but I love subtitles. Not as concerned about the lossless sound... as long as there isn't anything WRONG with the audio on the lionsgate release I doubt I would notice much difference.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:21 AM   #1187
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2017
Cow Country

I have this on Japanese DVD, used to have it on US DVD somewhere... If I had known there was a problem with ratios and audio, I'd have grabbed the BD instead of the DVD when I was there. I guess that's what I get for being cheap...
"A tap-dancing chicken act? Gonzo, I've never heard of anything as ridiculous as a dancing chicken."

"How about a talking frog?"

hugga wugga!
Old 05-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #1188

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddie View Post
Does the Miramax 6 pack version have subs? If not, I think I will just go with the Lionsgate version. I hate multipacks, but I love subtitles. Not as concerned about the lossless sound... as long as there isn't anything WRONG with the audio on the lionsgate release I doubt I would notice much difference.
I don't have the 6-pack with Equilibrium on it, but I doubt it has subs. I think it was actually released by Echo Bridge and I can't think of any titles from them with subtitles or captions. Heck, even Mill Creek has had subtitles from time to time.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #1189

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvdClon View Post
I don't have the 6-pack with Equilibrium on it, but I doubt it has subs. I think it was actually released by Echo Bridge and I can't think of any titles from them with subtitles or captions. Heck, even Mill Creek has had subtitles from time to time.
Ok, thanks. I think I will just get the single disc version then.

I guess my confusion is that the single release is Lionsgate, right? All the Lionsgate discs I have have subs... I'm curious why this one doesn't. Did they just take the Echo Bridge version and release it on their own label? That seems like it would give them an undeservedly bad reputation...
Old 05-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #1190
Expert Member

Oct 2007
Quincy, MA

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Ok, thanks. I think I will just get the single disc version then.

I guess my confusion is that the single release is Lionsgate, right? All the Lionsgate discs I have have subs... I'm curious why this one doesn't.
Did they just take the Echo Bridge version and release it on their own label? That seems like it would give them an undeservedly bad reputation...
Yes. When Echo Bridge went tits up they re-released some of the exact same discs on their own label. Which is stupid because they released some of these titles properly (themselves) in the UK.
LG 65C6P | Onkyo TX-NR646 5.1.2 | Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II Floorstanding Fronts | CS2 Series Center | Monitor40 Series II Bookshelf Rears | Pioneer SP‑T22A‑LR | eD A2-300 | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Xbox One S | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Old 05-31-2017, 05:03 AM   #1191
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010

Quote:
No, it is missing subtitles. However, it should be noticeably better than the Lionsgate disc in terms of audio. AFAIK the 6 pack and the Lionsgate should have similar PQ. I know they are both 2.35:1. Maybe one day we will see a US release that has the PQ of the JP disc, the AQ of the 6 pack, all of the extras from the DVD, and English subtitles.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #1192

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
No, it is missing subtitles. However, it should be noticeably better than the Lionsgate disc in terms of audio. AFAIK the 6 pack and the Lionsgate should have similar PQ. I know they are both 2.35:1. Maybe one day we will see a US release that has the PQ of the JP disc, the AQ of the 6 pack, all of the extras from the DVD, and English subtitles.
Thanks all. I'm not super sensitive on the audio front... as long as there's no defect like muffled sound or clicking or anything it won't matter a whole lot to me. Much more concerned about picture quality and would far prefer just a single movie case on the shelf than that ugly six pack.

I too hope they will release a special edition someday... if Lionsgate now has the rights maybe there's hope.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #1193
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010

Quote:
Thanks all. I'm not super sensitive on the audio front... as long as there's no defect like muffled sound or clicking or anything it won't matter a whole lot to me. Much more concerned about picture quality and would far prefer just a single movie case on the shelf than that ugly six pack.

I too hope they will release a special edition someday... if Lionsgate now has the rights maybe there's hope.
There really was no excuse for their first BD of this. It has missing lossless audio, subtitles, and extras. Hell, if they release it with lossless and subtitles I'll buy it since I have JP disc already.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #1194

Jan 2011
USA

Not to be redundant, but the Lionsgate re-release from 2015, the video transfer is exactly the same as the Miramax 6-Pack? No improvement or degradation in the bitrate between the two?

Last edited by Coligion; 06-07-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #1195
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Great Movie! Very well done! I may need to go home and watch this again.
Blind Buy Count: 300+
PSN ID: cvm0305

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:17 AM   #1196
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coligion View Post
Not to be redundant, but the Lionsgate re-release from 2015, the video transfer is exactly the same as the Miramax 6-Pack? No improvement or degradation in the bitrate between the two?
AFAIK it is. The grain is a little tighter on the JP release though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
equilibrium, steel book