Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dredd 3D (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.97

The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.50
19 hrs ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.92

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.89

Tormented 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #81
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I still need to purchase an import copy of 'Battle for Terra' (3D)
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #82

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banyass View Post
Didn't see a thread similar to this and thought it would be a good idea. The title pretty much explains it all, what 3D titles are really worth importing?

I myself only have 2, Kingdom of Plants 3D (which is absolutely amazing), and Flying Monsters 3D (which I got since it is longer than the US version, didn't watch it yet though).

Rainforest 3D worthy of buying? Also I heard the Monarch Butterfly 3D is quite good, any other opinions or reviews?
I'm living in Europe and have a US PS3 as my primary player so I've tested a bunch of 3D Blu-rays from regions outside the USA. This sticky is a good thread to check:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=160247

I have Rainforest 3D - but only stuck it in for a moment. As I recall some was good, native 3D, but other bits were not? I need to sit down and watch it.

Cane Toads is a good native 3D documentary - funny and interesting. I'd recommend that one.

Sammy is "must-own" and Alpha & Omega has good 3D. I have the release out of France and it is Region B locked.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #83
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Didn't see a thread similar to this and thought it would be a good idea. The title pretty much explains it all, what 3D titles are really worth importing?

I myself only have 2, Kingdom of Plants 3D (which is absolutely amazing), and Flying Monsters 3D (which I got since it is longer than the US version, didn't watch it yet though).

Rainforest 3D worthy of buying? Also I heard the Monarch Butterfly 3D is quite good, any other opinions or reviews?
Rainforest has bad reviews on amazon.co.uk

I am also very interested in Monarch Buterfl
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #84
Special Member

Aug 2011

Alpha & Omega will also play in 2D.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #85

Jun 2012
From NYC now in Wichita KS?

I've only imported two, Sammy and Battle for Terra, both well worth it! My wife and I enjoyed Sammy, the 3d was awesome and the story was good. We both loved Battle for Terra for the story, the 3d was also great.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #86

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
That real of fake 3D site used to be reliable but it's become too convoluted due to his definition's of real 3D. It's difficult categorizing these sorts of films and just putting them into 2 categories doesn't help when there are films that are partially converted or converted using advanced processes.

I'd consider Transformers 3 to be a "real" 3D film even though there were scenes that were converted. The majority of scenes are in 3D and they are done very well.
yeah there should be another category called "hybrid" for movies that has CGI in 3d while the rest of the movie is converted.

Trasformers is a perfect example, also "green lantern" and maybe many more.

Also i would put old Disney's 3d conversions like "beauty and the beast" and "lion king" as real 3d, as they are 2d cartoons the best you can do is to have layers at different depth and is exactly what they have done, it can't be more 3d than this.
Disney has provided the original layers so there was not the need to "redesign" the hidden parts for the right eye like they usually do on fake conversions.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (05-21-2017)
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #87

Dec 2012

About the crappy german conversions i have "found" most of the titles you are talking about so if you are unsure about the quality before purchasing those ones i can extract a 30 second sample so you can have a look about the 3d quality.
I've had a quick look on those titles by the way and any 3d released exclusively in germany is usually a crap conversion, only exceptions are some documentaries and animations and probably a couple of titles, if you want more informations let me know.

i would like to know also who is actually making those conversion, maybe they have a website and maybe we can find a list of that movies so we can avoid that easily
i've searche dwith no luck, maybe if someone is able to search in german language he will probably have more chances.

Last edited by typhoon; 12-03-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (02-04-2018)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #88

Jan 2012
Pennsylvania

V-day bump, any new 3D imports worth checking out?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #89
Power Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

Quote:
V-day bump, any new 3D imports worth checking out?
I'm importing Wreck it Ralph from dvdworldusa to here in the UK, should be here early next week.

http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=98576
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #90
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae View Post
Here's the weird thing. I probably wouldn't watch a lot of these animations if it wasn't for the 3D element. Is that wrong? The 3D element initially draws me in and then I usually enjoy the whole animation too. As a middle aged man, the freshness and novelty of the 3D is an excuse to revisit the type of animation films that I grew up watching but obviously stopped in my adult years. It's fun to watch these animations again though. The 3D element has made viewing movies/animations a whole new experience for me personally. 3D is allowing me to re-experience and re-visit the type of movies that I would watch as a kid but would otherwise probably not watch at my age. Sure, "Sammy's Adventure" is primarily for kids, but the animation is beautiful to watch and the 3D is simply stunning and makes watching this animation a whole new experience. Personally, I'm proud to have "A Turtle's Tale" in my collection alongside my more grown up movies.

Gae
I agree with this 100%! I often wonder if its worth buying the animated kiddie ones, my collection is full of them though..

Im looking at getting Monsters inc due to the review it got probably today.I find with the animated movies that I dont want to re-watch them much compared to the good live action movies ( Avengers, Wrath of titans), so Im passing them up if I can now. So far I have said No to Brave and Arthur Christmas.

I started buying 3D movies just for the 3D and that seems wrong to me.

ps.Not sure if that made sense!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #91
Banned

Mar 2010

Arthur Christmas was great, Brave stunk!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #92
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Sunny California

Has anybody seen Boogie 3D?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #93
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac213 View Post
Has anybody seen Boogie 3D?
I've seen half of it, I turned it off as I wasn't really feeling it and I haven't got around to re watching it again yet.

The 3D is ok, but a little odd. One scene it is good with good separation and depth, the next it is just 2D and sunken into the screen a little.

The material is a little out there. It's very violent and extremely unpc in pretty much every way. If that doesn't worry you, give it a go. Personally I found it a little too 'going for shock value' to the point that it started to annoy me. That along with the constant inconsistency in the 3D made me turn it off.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #94
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Sunny California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
I've seen half of it, I turned it off as I wasn't really feeling it and I haven't got around to re watching it again yet.

The 3D is ok, but a little odd. One scene it is good with good separation and depth, the next it is just 2D and sunken into the screen a little.

The material is a little out there. It's very violent and extremely unpc in pretty much every way. If that doesn't worry you, give it a go. Personally I found it a little too 'going for shock value' to the point that it started to annoy me. That along with the constant inconsistency in the 3D made me turn it off.
Sounds like I don't need to be in a hurry to get this one. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #95

Nov 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkblack View Post
I'm importing Wreck it Ralph from dvdworldusa to here in the UK, should be here early next week.

http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=98576
Ive just ordered that myself..first time using them! Hopefully goes through alright! Although there about ú2 dearer then amazon.com, if i get it that in advance..thats amazing.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #96
Power Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owendarko View Post
Ive just ordered that myself..first time using them! Hopefully goes through alright! Although there about ú2 dearer then amazon.com, if i get it that in advance..thats amazing.
You SHOULD get it by the middle of next week if all goes well.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #97
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Anderson, SC

Will Kingdom of Plants 3D ever be released here in the US?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #98
Power Member

Jul 2010
Chicago, IL

Is the Monarch butterfly movie even out yet? If so is it on Amazon.UK?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #99

Jan 2012
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L. View Post
Will Kingdom of Plants 3D ever be released here in the US?
Who knows but if you're into nature etc, pick this up NOW. Amazing 3D and I learned so many things about certain plants/insects. Honestly might be my favorite 3D title in my collection.

Last edited by Banyass; 02-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #100
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

I have no idea if the German version is region free or if it even includes English subtitles, but Vicky and the Treasure of the Gods has very impressive 3D (at least in the trailer). It won an international jury prize at the 2013 3D Creative Arts Awards. The movie itself looks like goofy slapstick for kids but could be sort of entertaining.

Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies