Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.44
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

My local takeaway has a very enticing main menu...

Oh wait, you mean film wise, nay, I have a life
Old 03-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #22
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao-Pyramid View Post
I personally enjoy the "Boil them, mash'em, stick'em in a stew" number. Petra, I noticed you're a resident of Vancouver. Are you going to check out Fan Expo? Sean Astin is going and I was hoping he would autograph my limited edition replica of a Lord of the Rings potato, in honour of that infamous scene of course.
Nope. Not really a convention kind of person. I would probably attend a STAR TREK convention here in Vancouver if they were ever to have a ST:TNG reunion with the ENTIRE cast though. That's about it for me.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #23

May 2011

There was one time me and a few friends were going to watch the unrated version of SuperBad. We put it in, and got somewhat sidetracked with drinking and talking, so the menu with all the sketches repeated on loop for a good hour.
Here's to the rubble. A brick through every window, a casket buried six feet deep for everybody's heroes. Here's to our lives being meaningless. And how beautiful it is, because freedom doesn't have a purpose.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker Dewitt View Post
There was one time me and a few friends were going to watch the unrated version of SuperBad. We put it in, and got somewhat sidetracked with drinking and talking, so the menu with all the sketches repeated on loop for a good hour.
Good timing.

I never watch menus and I have always wanted to start a thread about it. I do however tolerate them when a movie finishes, some much longer than others and for various reasons, if you know what I mean . Most times out of laziness right now before I watch Close Encounters, it's pretty doable.

One of the things about these loops are that they are better when they are seamless. And some I swear have different loops...seamless loop less branching?

But yes SuperBad is a good one, I will post again on a bad one. I heard one recently, I want to say Flight.

Oh well, great topic mr op.
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #25
Special Member

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Nope. Not really a convention kind of person. I would probably attend a STAR TREK convention here in Vancouver if they were ever to have a ST:TNG reunion with the ENTIRE cast though. That's about it for me.
I'm not really a huge TNG fan, but I know one of the actors is attending, let me check the interwebs... Jonathan Frakes is the guy. You should check it out, I believe the admission is like $30 for the day, but you could just walk around and look at the merch and celebrities. It would be cheaper than heading to Comic Con and also the legend Stan Lee is coming . Who would pass that up? I want him to sign my potato too.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #26
Special Member

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
My local takeaway has a very enticing main menu...

Oh wait, you mean film wise, nay, I have a life
That must be a really awesome (brilliant) food menu they have on their display. What they selling Big Kahuna burgers?

Oh yeah, I remember another time when blu-ray was just catching on. I was at Futureshop, and their display TVs were playing the Ironman main menu on repeat. It was so appropriate, being all high tech and suited the store's atmosphere.

Last edited by GreenGaijin; 03-18-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Requiem for a Dream
Most films that I find good I don't want to experience again.

-iScottie

http://letterboxd.com/visco/
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #28
Special Member

Nov 2012

Oh man, I just remembered another one of my favourites. Back when I had my old DVD copy of Sin City, I always got pumped up whenever it started up again. I would be in my room, rockin' to it, it is so addictive. I always looked at the part when Jessica Alba did the spine thing.

Last edited by GreenGaijin; 03-18-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #29
Special Member

Aug 2012
Columbiana, OH

I love the Fight Club (10th Anniversary Edition) Blu-ray menu. It's probably the only main menu I've ever stared at longer than five minutes.
"I'd like to be an angry prophet denouncing the hypocrisies of our times."
Goodbye, Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Letterboxd Account: http://letterboxd.com/rad
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Rad
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #30

Sep 2009
Room 318, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena
Default Clever menus

One of the An Evening with Kevin Smith's (#2?) has him walk out and stand there for like, 8-10 minutes, every once in a while pointing at the menu and raising his eyebrows or shrugging. At some point I even think he goes, "C'mon!". I thought that was great.
Keeper of the Definitive Blu-ray SteelBook List and the Non-Blue Coloured Amaray Cases thread.
Want slipcovers for: Memento lenticular (Canada), The Cell (Canada), Wallace and Gromit Collection (US)
Old 03-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
Power Member

Aug 2009

The Star Wars Complete Saga
The Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall
The Life of Pi
The Avengers
Iron Man II
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Ottawa,Canada
Send a message via MSN to TheZoof

Matrix comes to mind.

The other one I always loved was Jaws. Something about the buoy bell and wave sound that make it appealing.
The Zoof

Living Room - Pioneer KRP-500M | Pioneer Elite SC-25 | Panasonic DMP-BD89| PS4 | Wii U
Speakers
- PSB Image B25 Monitor | PSB Alpha B1 Monitor | PSB Alpha C1 Monitor | Klipsch SW-115

Fav Blu Right Now - No Country for Old Men
Old 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
Expert Member

Aug 2010
West Hollywood, CA

I love the menu for Lucio Fulcis 'Zombie' mainly because the music is so awesome.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #34

Oct 2011
Death Star

The Sin City one above is just awesome. I wish the blu-ray had that one.
100. The Dark Knight Rises 12/25/12
My Top Ten Favorite Movies Of All Time
1. Kill Bill 2. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 3. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest 4. Django Unchained 5. Pulp Fiction 6. E.T. 7. The Royal Tenenbaums 8. Drive 9.Star Wars V 10. Forrest Gump
Old 03-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Okay, here's what you need:

1. A kick arse sound system
2. An original Xbox
3. Some funky coloured fluro light (I prefer green)
4. A tin shed (as in the middle of nowhere as possible)
5. Cover of night time

Plug the Xbox into the sound system and turn on the fluro light (leaving any other lights, and preferably the TV too, off). Leave the Xbox on the main menu, turn up the sound system, go outside and shut the shed.

Now sit back and enjoy your creation. The Xbox makes all types of strange noises, and adding the fluro light through the little cracks in the shed makes it look like some strange science experiment is going on in the shed.

My mate turned to me and asked; "If you didn't know what I did, what would you think is going on in there?"
Display: BenQ MW519, 8mm PJ, Panasonic 50" TH-50PX70A, LG 42" 42LA6230, Soniq 32" LCD, LG 23.6" w2363D
Sound: LG 5.1 DVD combo, Logitech 5.1
Players: Apple TV x3, Sony PS4 500GB, Sony PS3 Slim 160GB, Soniq 3D BDP
Computers i3 Desktop, Asus i7 Laptop, iMac 19" 2007
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #36

Aug 2011

The South Park menus are hilarious.

I do like a good menu, it has to be said. Of course it's not really important, but a nice menu like the Skyfall one or the one on The Avengers is always appreciated. Gets you pumped for the film.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
main, menu, movie, play, watch