Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.44
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Banned

Jul 2012
Everywhere Yet Nowhere
Default A Monster In Paris 4/16/13

A Monster in Paris 3D Blu-ray

Anyone every heard of this movie ?

Last edited by Deciazulado; 04-20-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Power Member

Apr 2011

I plan on blind buying it, once it hits $15 or under. I think it looks pretty fun.

One thing I'm wondering though, what is considered 'original' language for this film? It's a French production, and has been out in France for a while, but it appears that the mouth animation is synchronized to the English audio track. (Thereby, in the French trailer, the mouth movements and the French language track don't match up.)

I was kind of bummed about the U.S. version not having the French audio track, but I'm thinking that maybe it's not such a big deal since the animation is tailored to the English track anyway.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010
Schoolcraft, MI

$15 at Target right now.
PSN: rockstarnati | Xbox Live: rockstarnati | My Sale Thread

Living Room: Panasonic P65VT30 65" Plasma, Xbox One, Roku 3 | Bedroom: Panasonic L42E5 42" LED, Sony BDP-S580
Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
I plan on blind buying it, once it hits $15 or under. I think it looks pretty fun.

One thing I'm wondering though, what is considered 'original' language for this film? It's a French production, and has been out in France for a while, but it appears that the mouth animation is synchronized to the English audio track. (Thereby, in the French trailer, the mouth movements and the French language track don't match up.)

I was kind of bummed about the U.S. version not having the French audio track, but I'm thinking that maybe it's not such a big deal since the animation is tailored to the English track anyway.
This is a tough call.

Even though Disney's Beauty and the Beast was originally an English-language production, the French track is quite beautiful to listen to. Plus, the movie is set in France.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Power Member

Apr 2011

Yeah, I got it at Target for $15. Figured I'd buy it for now, since I can always return it. But I'm leaning toward keeping it and watching it soon.

Anyway, as it stands, is there any version that has the French audio track and English subtitles? According to this site, the French edition only has French audio and French subtitles.

If no French audio/English subtitle version exists, the U.S. version would be the only logical option for me anyway. As much as I like how French sounds, I don't understand it.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Expert Member

Jan 2012
USA

I'll probably blind buy this too, love ambition movies like this.
BD Wishlist: Grandma's Boy, Splendor in the Grass, Ginger Snaps Trilogy, That Night, Roman Holiday.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #7

Dec 2009

I have been seeing it on peoples Most recent Haul but i don't know much about it Might give it a shot as i am a collector and all :P
Looking to Buy w/Paypal:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...ction=wishlist
i will buy lots for a good price
Cover art need: Quantom of Solace, Inglorious Bastards
Bluray cases need: 8 Disc set and 1Disc sets
my selling thread paypal only:http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....30#post9053930
Old 04-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #8

Jul 2012
by the beach

did anyone redeem digital copy? if anyone will not use i would love it for my kiddos!! thanks!!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by waka flocka View Post

A Monster in Paris 3D Blu-ray

Anyone every heard of this movie ?
It's been a topic in the 3D Blu-ray Movies section for quite awhile and located here > A Monster in Paris 3D
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Deciazulado; 04-20-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #10

Jun 2012

I saw this at TIFF and enjoyed it. I'll have to see if I can find this at a Canadian retail store.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #11

Aug 2011
Elbridge NY

i am debating if i should open mine or not. The reviews are all over the place from terrible to mediocre with SOME sayings its really good.

For those who watched it what are your thoughts. I bought it for the 3D but I read the 3D is worthless
Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZN4LC4PON3 View Post
i am debating if i should open mine or not. The reviews are all over the place from terrible to mediocre with SOME sayings its really good.

For those who watched it what are your thoughts. I bought it for the 3D but I read the 3D is worthless
The 3D is perceived as mild to medium strength, which has a lot to do with the pastel colors used for a European flair atmosphere. The story is involved, busy with character development, and does not make it child friendly, but a mature attentive person can really get into the story.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 04-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #13

Jul 2010
California

I'm very curious about this film...probably going to rent it today via my Apple TV.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

The kids really enjoyed it. But, this new trend of stuffing two video streams on a BD25 for 3D needs to go. Even with animations as short as this one, without any extras on the disc, that's just too much to ask of 25GBs. Posterization - one of the most common side effects of bit starvation - was some of the worst I've seen in a while. It didn't ruin it, but if I wanted over-compressed video, I'd stream it for virtually free.

BD.com's reviewer needs either a MUCH larger screen to adequately evaluate HD video, or one with better color decoding and/or processing than found in most LED panels, whichever the case may be.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #15

Nov 2009
Cascadia

I picked this up for $14.99 at Target. Great animation, a nice change from Disney/Pixar. Worth picking up.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #16

Apr 2012

I've ordered it as a fan of animation and a lover of Paris, but I'm totally bummed that the original soundtrack is not included as an option. My French is not great, but I'd still prefer the option to hear the characters as originally conceived and read subtitles when necessary. I can't believe the reviewer didn't mention this while complaining about the English language voices, or at least under the Extras heading. I'll bet the French voices are much more colorful and energetic than the English voices he complains about.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America